:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
chris conley dominated the combine. wtfeezy.
That **** was borderline freaky. Can't say I watched Georgia this year. Gonna defintely force scouts to watch his tape a little closer.

All I saw pre November was Todd Gurley highlights out of Georgia

Last edited:
Cully ain't getting any sort of exorbitant contract from us. dontae Johnson looks like he will develop into a solid CB, t Brock is coming back and we have reaser/acker joining the mix. Not to mention Leon McFadden looked decent and we'll draft and sign some bargain CB ala Chris cook.

Seems like it's gonna be revolving door in the secondary. Draft well, pay well for the front 7. Get as much value for as cheap in the secondary, let them walk once contracts are up. Reload through the draft. Rinse and recycle.

Rogers, Goldson, Brown, Whitner
Soon to be Culliver

It's also because we haven't had a franchise type cornerstone player in the secondary. All those guys are solid players, but none of them are worthy of jeopordizing our cap situation over.

It would be nice to have that type of player in the secondary tho. I thought we had found one in Reid, but he took a step back this year and I fear his career will not last long with his recurring concussion problem.

Last edited:
I am not saying we should break the bank to make sure he is back, but Chris Culliver is A LOT better than most people give him credit for.

I cannot stand Culliver.  That ***** is literally scared of contact.  He plays with a 10 yard cushion at all times and would rather give up an extra 15 yards instead attempting a tackle.  

laugh.gif
I mean what were u expecting? Especially with the price we signed him
I expected him to be motivated to become great

the guy has the physical tools to be Richard sherman, but his attitude/work ethic seem to be a little shotty 

Last edited:
cully got exposed multiple times this season due to the pass rush being non existent at times.

his tackling in the open field is piss poor. i'm tired of seeing him sliding off "attempted" tackles on running backs. this team has bigger fish to fry when it comes to resigning players, and I doubt cully is a priority.

btw, looked at the PFT list of 100 FA...and Frank landing at #63. The disrespect :smh:

Last edited:
Do you guys think it's plausible that, more than just the health concerns, the athletes themselves (the kids and students, more than the parents) are going to start choosing other sports over football to pursue a career in?

The impetus being the long-term financial viability of football. Running backs are being drafted and discarded way quickly, and other positions are being treated as temp positions, too.

I just wonder if the kids themselves will become shrewd enough to notice that basketball and baseball players are making way more money for longer a period of time.

Of course, the thing that makes players choose football is the right to beatpeople up and the celebration we throw onto them for it, so maybe kids are going to choose the praise over the long-term job security. Hell, Steve Nash, Vince Carter, Kobe and Garnett are still making money. Don't know too many equivalents in football.

In other words, I wonder if football has begun to approach that ceiling...where now they need players more than the players need them...

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're inplying all the injuries but focused mainly on concussions and the long term effects? Honestly, if I was a parent, yeah I'd be concerned about that. Nothing is more important than your health. Idk how conflicted I'd feel if my son suffered long term brain damage and I knew I could've prevented it because I was aware of the risk before allowing him to put on pads. Then again a lot of concussions can be prevented with proper tackling techniques. Laying the lumber, as exciting as it is, is not proper form.

What I want to see given a test run is lighter pads and no helmets.

I don't have any kids, but one day, when I do, my son will be on the grid iron laying fools the **** out.

My kids will never play football in pads
I been telling by nephew the sane thing

Besides basketball > football as far as social capital because you'll always find a ball court and playing bball will always help you bake friends no matter where you are in the Western Hemisphere it world

Last edited:
So glad they moved the draft up this year. in the words of beast mode: "im thankful"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom