Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

That tweet from packer was very unprofessional. Only sneakers stores think it's okay to shrug off customer complaints. Any other retailer would go above and beyond to rectify the issue.

Quick question - anyone know if The Good Will Out will subtract VAT?  Trying to keep my options open for these Snow Beaches, but don't really care to overspend on them considering the generally lukewarm response...
I don't think they remove VAT

Im decently pleased with my pair. Yellow def. isn't as bright as I would have hoped. Just has a dirty look to it. 

Ill inspect them closer tonight before I wear them tomorrow. Suede is nice, but for the price they charged should have been top notch.

Im still fiending for the Bodegas. If those DON'T drop at others stores the Snow Beaches are hitting ebay so I can buy my polka dots. 

Last edited:
That tweet from packer was very unprofessional. Only sneakers stores think it's okay to shrug off customer complaints. Any other retailer would go above and beyond to rectify the issue.
and cant we do anything about these problems? sue them? internet watchdog or something? aren't we protected?

and cant we do anything about these problems? sue them? internet watchdog or something? aren't we protected?
Its plain stupid. I mean, its a damn $165 shoe. Thats a nice chunk of change. Not that the situation would be respectable for a $50 shoe either BUT cmon now..

I'm gonna speak right now as someone who appears for a lot of in-store releases, tries to get in contact over the phone with them all the time and now for the first time am seeing how they handle their online orders - they have been doing things quite shady as of late, devoid of customer loyalty. A sort of "**** you, there are tons of others who'll feel privileged to shop at a 'top ten' boutique." A lot of these places carry themselves more like french restaurants than a goddamn sneaker store. 

Finally got my space snacks in. Whew! So damn clean.
I'm gonna speak right now as someone who appears for a lot of in-store releases, tries to get in contact over the phone with them all the time and now for the first time am seeing how they handle their online orders - they have been doing things quite shady as of late, devoid of customer loyalty. A sort of "**** you, there are tons of others who'll feel privileged to shop at a 'top ten' boutique." A lot of these places carry themselves more like french restaurants than a goddamn sneaker store. 

Unfortunately, it's a growing trend and not just Packer. I ordered the EB ACES from sneakerpolitics and they came double boxed, however, between Lousiana and FL it looked like te boxed was used in the world cup. As a result of how bad the shipping box was damaged, it also destroyed the box with the shoes and the shoes themselves, as one was hanging out of the box. I emailed them to explain what happened (sent pics and all) and first they hit me with the "it was UPS's fault, and we can't refund you until we resolve a claim with them which could take over 20 days". Long story short, they refunded me after a lot of back and forth. Fast forward to the Space Snack release, I successfully got an order in for my size, only to receive a cancellation from them stating "for some reason saucony has been sending us damaged boxes, so I am cancelling your order bc we don't want to send you a damaged box". So now it's Saucony and not UPS, which let's me know that they were still angry about me standing up for my refund, so I guess they felt they would be hurting me. Ended up getting them from Wish a day or two later for cheaper with no issues. Moral of story is don't let these small shops push you around. There is always a shop willing to do business the right way, and that's who I will give my business to.

That's one of the reasons I'll pretty much support Extra Butter on all of their collabs and buy other GRs and apparel from them. I have been treated so well by them even though I'm a complete nobody who doesn't camp out regularly or even live anywhere near their shops. I happened to be in NYC the day after the ACES drop and went to the LES store hoping they still had pairs and they sold me a pair they were holding for the online drop without any question. My brother & I hung out with them for about an hour talking about the store and their history and stuff and they were just good people. I've dealt with them by phone since then and via email and have never had a problem at all. Made a customer for life, and I love telling dudes about them when they ask me "yooo - where'd you get that?!?!?"  

That's one of the reasons I'll pretty much support Extra Butter on all of their collabs and buy other GRs and apparel from them. I have been treated so well by them even though I'm a complete nobody who doesn't camp out regularly or even live anywhere near their shops. I happened to be in NYC the day after the ACES drop and went to the LES store hoping they still had pairs and they sold me a pair they were holding for the online drop without any question. My brother & I hung out with them for about an hour talking about the store and their history and stuff and they were just good people. I've dealt with them by phone since then and via email and have never had a problem at all. Made a customer for life, and I love telling dudes about them when they ask me "yooo - where'd you get that?!?!?"  

EB is among one of the best shops in nyc period. Bernie and jay are some cool dudes

at the space snacks release i got handed a box and had a hole in the bottom. i flipped it over and before i could say anything it was out of my hands with a "that sucks. you don't want that. brb."

i also never get that "judged" vibe like mercer of kith.

ubiq and EB have great employees.

ubiq site sucks, but luckily ill go in store.

******* ups and fedex. dont get me started. 9 times out of 10 it is their fault not the shops. I manage a shipping and receiving department. I recently freighted an oversized pallet to NY and fedex broke it down into 3 pallets! When I called them they told me to make sure to write on the BOL to not break it down! lmao! The ENTIRE point of an oversized pallet is so I wont have to break it down. Otherwise I would ship a million single boxes. Fedex and UPS DGAF. 

i also never get that "judged" vibe like mercer of kith.
Yeah, I went to the BKLYN Kith store and walked out of there wondering if I was supposed to have known some secret handshake or shown some membership card when I first went in. Dudes couldn't give two s**ts about me or my questions.

Now I know why their collabs' lace aglets say "Just Us"

Just got the Bodegas in.  They look good in hand.  The suede on the Grids is butter even tho it's used pretty sparingly,  even less on the Shadow 6s tho.  I still prefer my Navy pair from the 3 dot pack so I think ima let these go.  

I absolutely agree with everyone about Extra Butter - you don't have to be a regular to get respect. Almost everyone who works there seems to be a decent person. That's the way it should be.

I've only been there once, but West NYC seems to be pretty cool as well.

Paying customer = respect. Paying customer who is a douchebag = no respect. Simple equation if you are an employee at one of these places. Have some discretion. But then again, if the management/ownership allows for it - it must just be some sort of encouraged negative vibe they put out there to anyone not willing to spend the big bucks consistently.

I missed the attempted UPS delivery of my Bodega Grid 9000's today because I have a job and I'm never home during the day so I usually just re-route the package after the first delivery attempt to my work address which has never been a big deal until now!  

UPS Canada now charges to re-route packages. The charge in this case is $24 plus there was a customs charge of $29.  I was excited to get these at the drop and I was okay with the $155 CDN but now this re-routing fee and customs charge has made these $200 kicks.  

I'm retiring from the sneaker game.  

You can move this from the Saucony thread to the sneakerhead meltdown thread if that is more appropriate.

Last edited:

I missed the attempted UPS delivery of my Bodega Grid 9000's today because I have a job and I'm never home during the day so I usually just re-route the package after the first delivery attempt to my work address which has never been a big deal until now!  

UPS Canada now charges to re-route packages. The charge in this case is $24 plus there was a customs charge of $29.  I was excited to get these at the drop and I was okay with the $155 CDN but now this re-routing fee and customs charge has made these $200 kicks.  

I'm retiring from the sneaker game.  

You can move this from the Saucony thread to the sneakerhead meltdown thread if that is more appropriate.
Can't you just have the package held for pickup? If the distribution center's too far from you this wouldn't be much of an option, I suppose. I use the MyUPS app which lets me schedule delivery options for free her ein the States. Maybe the App lets you do it for free up North, too?

Can't you just have the package held for pickup? If the distribution center's too far from you this wouldn't be much of an option, I suppose. I use the MyUPS app which lets me schedule delivery options for free her ein the States. Maybe the App lets you do it for free up North, too?
The distribution centre is at Toronto's city limits.  I went there once.  It was a 3 hour journey from downtown Toronto by public transit.  It's not feasible.  I try to only order from places that ship USPS but even then I'm getting hit with customs charges on every package.  The cost is crazy.  

On top of that I want to sell a bunch of sneakers but I can't get any takers because the shipping is too high from Canada to the US.  It's a tough world up here. I'm going to have eat money to offload unwanted kicks.   

Last edited:
$400 local for worn once Sohos with the regular box. Go for it? Don't think I'll catch a better deal than that.

Back
Top Bottom