Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

^ Exactly! That's what a reserve is for. If you don't want it to potentially go for a lower price than you're willing to part with them for, use reserve. Sellers testing the waters like that are only wasting people's time. Can you leave negative feedback on a cancelled/refunded won bid?
ebay charges too much to put a reserve. I've done reserve a few times and almost never is the reserve actually met.

ebay charges too much to put a reserve. I've done reserve a few times and almost never is the reserve actually met.
Personally, I always set my starting bid at the lowest amount I would actually let the item go for.  Then I'll typically also set a Buy It Now just under what I would consider the top of the market in case a buyer happens to be in a hurry and isn't necessarily looking for a steal.  I've never understood the appeal of reserve prices.  Can you imagine if you went shopping and the prices listed were just a place to start negotiations?  That just seems ridiculous to me.

If reserve is set higher than someone is willing to pay for the item, it won't get met. But reserve is to protect yourself from having the item sell for less than you want it to go for. But, hey, since there's no consequence to a seller for cancelling a won bid, might as well not even bother with reserve.

That's why I always do Buy It Now (Or Best Offer) on my listings, therefore putting a price I'd love to get, while entertaining offers I'd still like and be willing to sell for.

I've sold records on ebay that I thought would go for much more, but it didn't even cross my mind to cancel the auction and try again. That's just ******.

And I would KILL to have a NikeID feature for Saucony's, especially if we could frankenstein parts from different models.

Oh my...
I NEED

Last edited:
Wouldn't starting the auction at the lowest price you'd sell for accomplish the same thing?

Absolutely, man. I guess some folk don't get it. I'd never set it at less than I wanted (but then again, I don't do auction style). If you start it at .99 cents no reserve, you gotta be prepared to make at least .99 cents, or, well, less than that with good ol' fees. Playing it safe is always the best thing to do with eBay, in my opinion, unless the person doesn't mind potentially losing money.

That was the only theme i didnt like. All these kids love bright lights and crazy colors. I mean, I do too some of the time but its so overwhelming now. 
I actually thought the 'night at the drive in' would have darker tone colors. considering the theme is at night? lol idk.

How is the release on sneafreaker shop? Will it be tough? And usually what time...I work retail so ima have to block out some hours for these. Haha

How is the release on sneafreaker shop? Will it be tough? And usually what time...I work retail so ima have to block out some hours for these. Haha
Their site is terrible like ubiq. Tried for tassie devil and the site crashed like crazy. So good luck to all of us come 6/13

The hype has really grown on those kushwhackers from leaked pics in early February to now, it's going to be a challenge but hopefully we all can snag a pair.

Last edited:
Wouldn't starting the auction at the lowest price you'd sell for accomplish the same thing?

Absolutely, man. I guess some folk don't get it. I'd never set it at less than I wanted (but then again, I don't do auction style). If you start it at .99 cents no reserve, you gotta be prepared to make at least .99 cents, or, well, less than that with good ol' fees. Playing it safe is always the best thing to do with eBay, in my opinion, unless the person doesn't mind potentially losing money.

Bingo. I just avoid bids altogether for items i'm selling, but make the best offer feature open to buyers, and make it clear in all my listings that they can message me directly with offers and i'll respond. I never take any unnecessary chances winding up unsatisfied, like i'm sure many sellers on ebay do.

Back
Top Bottom