Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

I hope someone makes a gif of Ichiro imitating Griffey running from 1st to home...and Junior throwing his cap at him...

^ That was hilarious... and Carlos Silva taking Jr.'s pulse...
laugh.gif
I don't think I've ever seen Ichiro make fun of a teammate like thatbefore...

Sorry, this is the best I got...

Bit by bit... piece by piece...

[h3]Mariners acquire Hanahan from A's[/h3]Third baseman comes in deal for Minor League pitcher
By Jim Street / MLB.com

07/11/09 4:17 PM ET

SEATTLE -- One day after trading a shortstop for two pitchers, the Mariners on Saturday swapped a pitcher for a third baseman.

The Mariners acquired Jack Hannahan from the Athletics for Minor League pitcher Justin Souza.

The left-handed hitting Hannahan was recently optioned to Triple-A Sacramento after struggling for the Athletics. He batted .193, hit one home run and drove in eight runs in 119 at-bats for the AL West club.

"We had the opportunity to acquire a premium defensive player who swings a left-handed bat," general manager Jack Zduriencik said. "Jack will become part of our mix at third base. He's a great make-up guy, and a well above average defensive third baseman." The Mariners will make a personnel move prior to Saturday night's game against the Rangers at Safeco Field to create a roster spot for the 29-year-old Hannahan.

He played in 143 games for Oakland last season, batting .218 with nine home runs and 47 RBIs.

On Friday, the Mariners traded shortstop Yuniesky Betancourt to the Royals for two Minor League pitchers.

Souza, a right-hander, was the Mariners' nine-round selection in the 2006 First-Year Player Draft. He split the 2008 season between Class-A Wisconsin (3-3, 3.69), High Desert (2-1, 4.31) and Triple-A Tacoma (0-0, 2.08).

He spent this season with Double-A West Tennessee in the Southern League, compiling a record of 6-6 with a 3.35 ERA in 20 games, 14 starts.

Jim Street is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

I just wanted to thank you guys for taking Jack Hannahan. Maybe all he needed was a change of scenery, but I hope I never have to see this man swing the batagain.

Getting rid of Yuni was the best thing the M's have done since winning 116 games and losing to NY in the ALCS back in '01. Seriously, I can'tbelieve they kept him around as long as they did. I still don't think I can become a true fan of this team again until they prove that they are not justhappy with making money and the bottom line, but actually competing for a, dare I say..., World Series?!?!?! One of the VERY FEW teams left in MLB that has noteven MADE it to a WS... #%*%#@* Tampa Bay made it to a World Series before the *!$%**+@ Mariners did... One reason why I can not call them my favorite team.St. louis has showed that they can win with what they have. Seattle should have easily been able to do that between '05-'01...

how do you think i feel? i'm tired of year after year passing with no hope in sight. i've watched guys like junior, a-rod, unit, edgar, buhner, moyer,ichiro, and freddy garcia all play in their primes without a sniff of a championship. if Z and wak can't get it done, i'm jumping ship. i will notcontinue to root for a franchise that prides itself more on selling ichirolls than making the necessary moves to compete for a pennant. we are only in the racebecause of injuries and lack of talent in the division.

Z/Wak have 2 seasons to show me they are making the right moves towards a title. if i don't see that, i will stop caring about the M's.

I didn't realize there were so many 'work ethic' issues with Yuni... but whats surprising to me is that all I kept hearing were the locker-roomissues the team had with ichiro last season...

EDIT ~
laugh.gif
what the...
texas0711%20023.jpg

laugh.gif
those two are having a ton of fun this season. so surreal that my two favorite players ever are on the same team.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
those two are having a ton of fun this season. so surreal that my two favorite players ever are on the same team.

It's something fun to see that's for sure. Trying to relish this for what it's worth, not knowing how long it will last. Really hoping for '95esque run. That would be nuts. I'm sure, as we can see, Ichi is loving the fact that he has a co-superstar to I guess relieve some of the tension peoplemight have felt Ichiro was feeling in the locker room. The pressure has been lifted and even though he's handled being a superstar well, his performancethis year illustrates how playing fun and relaxed ball can push a stars game into another stratosphere.

roll.gif
ichiro is always doing this. he had the same facial expression when he met junior and MJ back in the 90's.

It's quite possible that this is the worst defensive performance I've ever seen.

Yes, the Indians suck; I'm aware.

Edit: Another error.

smh.gif
Great Googly Moogly (Argh)... one to forget... can't afford anymore of these...
smh.gif

we lost a game to the angels too. stupid #@% wak should've started felix tonight against lee. what the @^@^ is he thinking?

Back
Top Bottom