:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What paint did the guy use on this custom to keep the patent leather shiny?

His IG: http://instagram.com/2nicecustoms

after airbrushing the white they prob used krylon acrylic finisher or some other brand of clear finisher

Got these for a $100 just slight separation what glue should I use? I used rubber cement Elmer's glue but it didn't even hold it together will guerrilla work? Why about barges[/quote

try e600 and try to clean that elmers out first

thanks fam!! it was all brush work too :lol:

word good job on that i might pick up a pair of celtics to customize. im prob gonna try to color block so they look like royals but just black/gold since i havent seen anyone do it yet.

this is why i dont understand why people arent doing this to their yellowed 01s or OGs, its not hard and the instructional video is on youtube:

just use white instead of black obviously.

i thought the same thing for most part i think the condition of the yellowed patent leather isnt good unless they have DS or near DS pairs

even if they arent perfect they would look better crispy white rather than yellow and creased. This ends the debate of the yellowing and i will not be concerned about copping these new columbias and the PL yellowing because i will do this with the quickness years on down the road.

Got these today for $65. Is there anywhere I can find replacement tabs or should I just plan on rocking them without the tabs? Right shoe is fine.

What are you guys buying from Jason Markk? Just the Essential Kit or one of their sold out super kits?

It should arrive by then..reming me to update you when you arrive.. I will surely test it out when it arrive...
Im sure he was talking about the sole protector type 3m.
I wanted to know what specific roll of 3m did you purchase that is like SoleProtector

Coo, thanks.
No prob. Oh and don't leave it open for a more than 10-20 minutes. I noticed that if I leave the container open (with the solution + water) or the bottle itself, the stuff starts to evaporate. I need to send an email to them about this. When I first copped I left the solution out over night, woke up and only had about 1/3 left in there. 

How do I clean this pair?

Its half leather and half cloth.

I cant run it on water cuz of the leather,

and I cant just rub off the cleaning compound cuz the cloth will absorb them?

Thanks

Had a few free cans of Mint Boot & Shoe Protector, but now I'm all out. Would you recommend using Scotchgard instead of spending $5 for a half-empty can of Mint at FTL?

Is it me or are the Nike Flight Falcons way harder to take the midsole out of? The material on the upper is like suede & I already ruined the midsole of the doner idk...I don't have a heat gun I'm using a hair dryer lmao

Also what color combo is used for the cement midsole on the 1999s? i have looked all through the internet but i cant find one answer about it, it pisses me off.

Is it me or are the Nike Flight Falcons way harder to take the midsole out of? The material on the upper is like suede & I already ruined the midsole of the doner idk...I don't have a heat gun I'm using a hair dryer lmao

if you can try to get older pairs of flight 89s or beat aj 4s google/youtube boiling water method.. i tried a newer version of the flight 89s and even with a heat gun its hard as hell. as far as the shade of grey im assuming for 99 WC 4s trail and error depending on the discoloration of your heeltabs. youll want to get as close to the pair you actually have

if you can try to get older pairs of flight 89s or beat aj 4s google/youtube boiling water method.. i tried a newer version of the flight 89s and even with a heat gun its hard as hell. as far as the shade of grey im assuming for 99 WC 4s trail and error depending on the discoloration of your heeltabs. youll want to get as close to the pair you actually have
thanks, yeah I realized these new nikes from 2010-14 are hard as hell to get off. & I just looked watched the boiling water method, going to do it tomorrow. & thanks for the paint advice i am going to follow that as well. It's a shame because the wc4s I just got from the last owner are very wearable. The midsole feels very fine but i guess he picked at the right shoe so now I actually have to sole swap

Bought a pair of Jordan 3 pures from 07 to restore.. the patent leather above midsole is yellow from age is there a way to whiten back the patent leather or am i better just painting it to white

Bought a pair of Jordan 3 pures from 07 to restore.. the patent leather above midsole is yellow from age is there a way to whiten back the patent leather or am i better just painting it to white
you are going to have to paint fam

Should I use the Angelus cement 4 paint they have made or buy a grey & white because if the grey is too dark I can light it out with some of the white?

Should I use the Angelus cement 4 paint they have made or buy a grey & white because if the grey is too dark I can light it out with some of the white?
i honestly doubt that cement paint will be a exact match so you would have to mix it until you have the right match...its up to you whci way you want to go about it. you could buy both gray and white for the price of that cement color.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom