:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I have a pair of those pea pod 8s and I honestly tryed so many things beside dying them to bring them back to original color and coodnt they r now some hardcore beaters like playing in the mud and don't care about the shoes beaters

I have a pair of those pea pod 8s and I honestly tryed so many things beside dying them to bring them back to original color and coodnt they r now some hardcore beaters like playing in the mud and don't care about the shoes beaters
Why didn't you dye them?

I have actually found more success with using old fashion whitening toothpaste to whiten my yellowed soles than I did with the retrobrite concoction. Proof below:

This is after nothing more than 2 sessions of scrubbing with a toothbrush and letting them sit overnight under a regular lamp

This looks like an easier method. Did the black become discolored or change because of the toothpaste? Would the toothpaste still work if you don't sit them under a regular lamp?

This looks like an easier method. Did the black become discolored or change because of the toothpaste? Would the toothpaste still work if you don't sit them under a regular lamp?
Nope no problem with the black part. It's just harmless toothpaste lol so just wipe off the excess with a wet rag. No harsh chemicals involved. And I'm not sure if the lamp makes a big difference or not. The lamp seems to be the common denominator in most whitening methods though. I think it has something to do with causing the peroxide to react. But this is coming from someone who failed science twice in high school lol

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what I need to glue the bottom...and if I should remove the whole sole first then glue back on

Don't think u need to remove the whole sole. Just make sure all dirt and debris is cleaned out before u glue it back together. The cleaner u get the 2 pieces that are gonna be glued.......The better adhesion u will get.

Don't think u need to remove the whole sole. Just make sure all dirt and debris is cleaned out before u glue it back together. The cleaner u get the 2 pieces that are gonna be glued.......The better adhesion u will get.

Get some e6000 glue, and no you don't have to remove the whole thing
thanks fellas i was just about to rip it out lmao. im sure there is a video on the best way to do it correctly. 

thanks fellas i was just about to rip it out lmao. im sure there is a video on the best way to do it correctly. 
if you glue the part that's separated now the other parts will eventually separate as well. for a temporary fix you can glue them back, but you will probably end up glueing the whole thing again. 

Like I said it took me 4 days basically 24hrs of indoor method..so really u can say it took 24hours in sessions...with MY sauce

Use a qtip and angelous white to cover cracks, chips, etc. As for the lace hole parts I would just give good cleaning or use salon care 40 in sun to whiten up..dont paint them

NT is the truth, my 2011 Black cements have some cracking in the sole. Gonna need some paint. Thanks for tips. 

Can I use that leather paint for the soles?

Last edited:
NT is the truth, my 2011 Black cements have some cracking in the sole. Gonna need some paint. Thanks for tips. 

Can I use that leather paint for the soles?
Yes, angelus leather paint is the stuff to use. I reccomend buying from the Angelus Direct website. I'm doing a pair of Bc3s too. You're going to need White,Black, and high gloss finisher to make the paint look like the factory paint.

Cool, mine are in good shape besides paint cracking very little on the sole. Thanks for help. 

I just took that pic in my avatar today. 

Wear your Js lol. 

Hey everyone, new to the thread. Would you guys recommend a stain/dirt repellent spray to keep your shoes looking new as a long as possible? I have seen that they sell these types of sprays at stores. Of course the danger is the chemicals rubbing or cracking off the paint. Is there a brand that you can use on canvas/leather/nubuck, etc. without having to worry about that?  Or is it better to skip that and just give your shoes a good cleaning every once in a while? 

Hey everyone, new to the thread. Would you guys recommend a stain/dirt repellent spray to keep your shoes looking new as a long as possible? I have seen that they sell these types of sprays at stores. Of course the danger is the chemicals rubbing or cracking off the paint. Is there a brand that you can use on canvas/leather/nubuck, etc. without having to worry about that?  Or is it better to skip that and just give your shoes a good cleaning every once in a while? 

Good question

Back
Top Bottom