:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hey everyone, new to the thread. Would you guys recommend a stain/dirt repellent spray to keep your shoes looking new as a long as possible? I have seen that they sell these types of sprays at stores. Of course the danger is the chemicals rubbing or cracking off the paint. Is there a brand that you can use on canvas/leather/nubuck, etc. without having to worry about that?  Or is it better to skip that and just give your shoes a good cleaning every once in a while? 

ive used Foot Locker Water Sneaker Protector for over a decade, since 2002. never had a single problem with any pairs, including all materials, patent leather, leather, other synthetics, cloth, mesh, ect.

Last edited:
I would just clean after use with Lincoln Ez cleaner..it cleans all that. As for soles I use scrubbing bubbles.
Thanks for the tip.
I've used the foot locker waste repellant
ive used Foot Locker Water Sneaker Protector for over a decade, since 2002. never had a single problem with any pairs, including all materials, patent leather, leather, other synthetics, cloth, mesh, ect.
Thank you. Would you say it's extended your shoes life or just kept them clean? 

Prevented them from getting dirty, protected it from the elements. I still use it to this day

Maroon 6 swap: This is my 3rd 1991 Jordan VI swap. Like with everything, practice makes perfect. This has become my most frustrating swap but also the most satisfying. Enjoy
Do you have any tips on swapping? I've heard from other people that the 6 is a bit harder than others to sole swap. Also, what midsole did you use? Would you recommend using the midsole from a Flight Club '91 pair? I apologize for all the questions but I'm currently working on a pair of 1991 white infrareds and it is my first ever restoration.

Maroon 6 swap: This is my 3rd 1991 Jordan VI swap. Like with everything, practice makes perfect. This has become my most frustrating swap but also the most satisfying. Enjoy
That sole swap looks in incredible....I got one important question though. Why didn't you restore the clear soles before mounting back on? 

^ He might prefer the yellowing to give them the "aged" look, being that they're really 23 years old :lol:. I personally would prefer to leave them yellowed.

I might be wrong but I don't think those are the original bottoms. Lots of people don't separate the bottoms on 6s because they are a ***** to reglue.

image%20(7).jpeg

Don't mean to get off topic from the soleswap lmao, but I have a pair of beat zens who's previous owner did a bad job of redying inner. Anybody know where I could find this color dye? Just the mango color to dye it myself. If you can see in the pic (sorry i couldn't copy in paste but somethings weird af with my computer), the new dye stops and there is a clearly distinguished line between the faded lining and non faded lining. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Do you have any tips on swapping? I've heard from other people that the 6 is a bit harder than others to sole swap. Also, what midsole did you use? Would you recommend using the midsole from a Flight Club '91 pair? I apologize for all the questions but I'm currently working on a pair of 1991 white infrareds and it is my first ever restoration.
I would advise that you do not work on a pair of 6's if its your first time sole swapping. 9/10 you will do more harm than good. I'm not trying to be a pretentious prick at all, I'm informing you from previous work I've seen before from first time sole swappers. All of them have done a terrible job. The reason being is that the back panel leather is synthetic and is easily peelable.

Air Jordan 6's are the most difficult shoes to swap for that reason. If you want professional quality work, I'd advise seeking professional help. I'm certain you have invested a lot of money in acquiring a pair of 1991 White Infrared VI's. I would hate for a nice pair to go to waste and I've seen DS pairs of '91 VI's go horribly wrong. If you did not cash out, I'd still advise not swapping 6's as a novice restorer. 

As for your other questions, I did use the Oreo VI for the donor. I used the donor's icy bottom as well. 

I have never used a flight club '91 donor so I can't say things I do not know about. 

That sole swap looks in incredible....I got one important question though. Why didn't you restore the clear soles before mounting back on? 
With any type of sole clearing or icing, you will lose traction. You will slip and slide. If you don't lose traction, you will have squeaky shoes on smooth flat surfaces. Thats why I didn't ice the shoes or any of my clear sole shoes for that reason. 

hey guys just got these 1996 O.G. Columbias and 

i need help on restoring the patent leather (cracks and yellowing)), mesh (yellowing), and tips on regluing the sole :D any help will get a rep+ 

I would advise that you do not work on a pair of 6's if its your first time sole swapping. 9/10 you will do more harm than good. I'm not trying to be a pretentious prick at all, I'm informing you from previous work I've seen before from first time sole swappers. All of them have done a terrible job. The reason being is that the back panel leather is synthetic and is easily peelable.

Air Jordan 6's are the most difficult shoes to swap for that reason. If you want professional quality work, I'd advise seeking professional help. I'm certain you have invested a lot of money in acquiring a pair of 1991 White Infrared VI's. I would hate for a nice pair to go to waste and I've seen DS pairs of '91 VI's go horribly wrong. If you did not cash out, I'd still advise not swapping 6's as a novice restorer. 

As for your other questions, I did use the Oreo VI for the donor. I used the donor's icy bottom as well. 

I have never used a flight club '91 donor so I can't say things I do not know about. 
 I understand where you're coming from. My pair aren't in the best condition and a small bit of the back panel has been peeled off due to mistakes the previous owner made. Do you think you can PM me advice and some tips? I won't restore them right away as I have other projects and would like to finish those beforehand. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I scored some Black Cement 3s off a friend of mine for 20$ and they're about maybe 6, 6.5/10 and I want them to look better. I understand i can't be helped without pics but i don't know how to post them

Back
Top Bottom