:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

mean.gif
Cool with me since it's minor plus it was only $130.

ok i got oxi clean powder

a tide pen

and RIT Whitner;/brightner....

About to go in on these 4s ..the mesh is slightly yellow...

how do I go about rectifyin this...

repainted the midsole on my black cement 3s. any ideas on how to get this water/paint stuff off the air bubble? i was thinking acetone on a q tip but it would also get the paint off the sides.

repainted the midsole on my black cement 3s. any ideas on how to get this water/paint stuff off the air bubble? i was thinking acetone on a q tip but it would also get the paint off the sides.

Did you use acrylic paint?

I would use painters tape to seal off the area outside and inside the hole leaving only the bubble exposed and use acetone on a q-tip.

I would use painters tape to seal off the area outside and inside the hole leaving only the bubble exposed and use acetone on a q-tip.

nah i just used angelus. i think it was the brush i used that left all those paint streaks, but i'm fine with it because they aren't that noticeable from afar. might redo it later using meltonian white and black. but thanks for the suggestion! i'll try that.

edit: loljk angelus is acrylic

Last edited:

nah i just used angelus. i think it was the brush i used that left all those paint streaks, but i'm fine with it because they aren't that noticeable from afar. might redo it later using meltonian white and black. but thanks for the suggestion! i'll try that.

edit: loljk angelus is acrylic

Acrylic paint is going to flake off, fade, and run off when it gets wet. Use Angelous.

anybody ever hear of using the TIDE PEN on mesh (4s-cements)  to get the yellow out?

Also oxy clean or what for lebron 9s USA - the hard plastic mesh parts have yellowed...got em from footlocker..yellowed fast..good shoe tho tryin to salvage

Please don't use acetone... Never use acetone as a matter of fact to clean the air unit.

Acetone is a high solvent and it will eat up the plastic air unit. It will make it cloudy and you won't be able to see through the air unit. Use Mineral spirits or paint thinner.. 

How can I remove scuffs on nubuck,durabuck,suede??

I have suede dye & dressing from angelus and it doesn't seem to work

How can I remove scuffs on nubuck,durabuck,suede??

I have suede dye & dressing from angelus and it doesn't seem to work

Toothbrush + warm water + dish soap.

Seriously it works for everything.

I posted it with a pair of nubuck 10s on the previous page.

I recently got the Bred XI and I used sneaker shields on them. Problem is that the patent leather on the toebox has an outlining of the sneaker shields and you see a little bump at the top which is really bothering me. It's only on the right one. I know some other restoration people who can take out any bumps and creases but they charge a lot for that. I heard that the ironing method might work but I don't want the patent leather to be damaged. So does anyone know how to decrease/flatten the patent leather? Thanks.

i dont know how to fix the patent leather but if you see what they do you can easily realize why they are not good for shoes. Shoes are made to crease and are designed so that creasing at the toe is easier for walking/runnings sake, that in mind when you stop the toe from bending the shoe will bend somewhere else and the easiest place to stuff and get rid of/lessent the effects of creasing is the toe area so i still dont know why people use them but if you like them thats fine but fixing creasing in the middle of the shoe is much more difficult than the regular toe area.

Back
Top Bottom