:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I was thinkin bout gettin these but for the price n how yellow they are I'm not sure yet. Is there any fixing mesh ??

Last edited:
What kind of black Angelus paint would anyone recommend for a small scuff on a pair of Royal 1's? Thanks.
Regular black angelus leather paint should work. I dont think it would matter if it was flat black or not.

If I were you, I would just wipe them off and leave them alone. Scuffs and paint cracking give shoes character [emoji]128540[/emoji]

Regular black angelus leather paint should work. I dont think it would matter if it was flat black or not.

If I were you, I would just wipe them off and leave them alone. Scuffs and paint cracking give shoes character [emoji]128540[/emoji]
  But is flat black what people usually use on them? 

They're DS & came with them so it's been bugging me & I'm not about that "Beat your shoes so they'll have character" life  anyways 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

But is flat black what people usually use on them? 

They're DS & came with them so it's been bugging me & I'm not about that "Beat your shoes so they'll have character" life  anyways 
laugh.gif
If it's a really small scuff, you could even use a sharpie and no one would know. But if you want to use paint, I would suggest regular black over flat.
Crumbled Bred [emoji]128542[/emoji]

Last edited:
I wouldn't use sharpie, it would probably turn out to be purple. Ever seen what a midsole looks like when it was touched up with sharpie? Honestly, any black paint would work, doesn't matter if it is flat or not.
So they are ds and came with a scuff in the leather?

If it's a really small scuff, you could even use a sharpie and no one would know. But if you want to use paint, I would suggest regular black over flat.
  Yeah it's a small scuff but I do prefer using paint. Asked same question to CS over at Angelus & they suggested flat black  or some kind of luscious cream but wanted to ask in here because they probably have no idea wth they're talking about.
I wouldn't use sharpie, it would probably turn out to be purple. Ever seen what a midsole looks like when it was touched up with sharpie? Honestly, any black paint would work, doesn't matter if it is flat or not.
So they are ds and came with a scuff in the leather?
  Yeah it's a couple of real small scuffs along the toebox stitching. Probably wouldn't bother some but when I wear them I  don't want to look down on the shoes & keep seeing that. OCD, I know 
tired.gif

Last edited:

What you guys are looking at is on the toebox.
This is my girls pair of 01 Columbias that she was wearing today and the toebox was separating so we needed to fix it since she didn't have spare shoes. Anyways, I applied the glue and then clamped them with my hands for a bit and then put a piece of scotch tape to hold it in place while the glue cured. When she went to peel the tape off a piece of the upper came with it. I'm guessing it's the plastic coat or whatever they put over it.

Anyhow, I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows some way to make this better Id appreciate the insight, as I feel bad now since it's her grail pair essentially

@thainfamouzwun
I would try making sure the spot is clean and the edges of spot especially and try a clear shoe polish to try and blend in

@thainfamouzwun
I would try making sure the spot is clean and the edges of spot especially and try a clear shoe polish to try and blend in

Thanks man I will try that. I've never used shoe polish tbh, you think it would bring some shine to the area that doesnt have any? I'm still surprised this happened, I really did not know that the "patent leather" was just some sort of thin coat

Mine did the same thing..youll have to align sole heel to mid heel and glue. Good thing to do is use ziploc bags with ice and put in shoe to prevent too much heat and sole seperation while saucing your soles

My 00 concords mesh was fairly yellow, just did my 2nd application of rit, have not seen any major changes, maybe after 4-5 applications, i do 1 a day

I need to know what shade of white AJ2 Dark Concords are. Need to paint over some scuffs

My 00 concords mesh was fairly yellow, just did my 2nd application of rit, have not seen any major changes, maybe after 4-5 applications, i do 1 a day
Results should be pretty noticeable unless it was only very minorly yellow. Are you sure you're doing it right? Make sure after you apply the RIT, let the shoe air out for a good 12-16 hours before touching it again. Make sure it's completely dry before doing the next session. Also remember it'll initially yellow after applying the RIT and it'll brighten after sitting and airing out.

Back
Top Bottom