:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

they should have it in a a super market in the cleaning supply section...not that hard to find.

thanks pimp for taking some of the questions....where have you been for a week?
like jakecuevas said, super markets and places like k-mart, wal-mart, target, etc. would all carry bkf. if price is an issue, definately go the wal-mart route. sorry jakecuevas, i've been soooo tired from working 10+ days the past week. i shouldn't complain since i'm still employed lol! plus i've been busy with whatever free time i've had repainting my fire red iii's, applying acrylic finish on my cool grey iv's, and using bkf on the tongue of my beater columbia xi's. each one takes me some time, so by the end of the night i have to get some sleep after each project is complete.
im workin on some fire red 3s as well....i am near throwing the shoes out. i am gettin so ticked. its a pain in the %#! just to get the paint offwithout getting the white paint red ( for some reason the red paint is *%%$+$ but the white is clean)

and then repainting and keeping it a clean job. lol

i am just so frusterated...
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif

i might give you a PM down the road to see if you will do em for me + some $$

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by jpena0306

sooo next question lol....i'm painting a pair of beater fire red 3s and trying to make them into cement 3s i removed the red paint with acetone and everything next thing is painting. how do you make it less streaky and smooth?
probably gonna have to do a couple of coats of paint. that way it smooths out the roughness from the brush strokes. i use angelus acrylic finisher after i'm done painting my jordan's. it cost about $6.00 and makes the painted areas smooth after you're done painting. there's a couple of finishes to the acrylic. i got the low gloss, which seems to work just great.
thanks for the help again i appreciate yours and jakecuevas help

question i just started collecting jays in march .. where do you get seaglow need them for my green bean v's and fire red v's

Yea that freezing method works to the point where u over do it It will crack the toebox paint ...
If you iron a specific leather shoe just keep the a bottle of water and pour some once inna while to keep from messing up leather ....

sorry if this post doesnt belong here but where can i get laces for bred xi's????? and how can i get the little white balls from the sockliner out its onlyalittle bit do i just take em out with my finger????? and whats the best way to clean the midsoles and make them white again????? thanks in advance.....

ok so im getn a pair of columbias and there really yellowed and im wondering with the sea glow, what do i scrub with? Wats the best brush to use? And for thepatent leather is there anything i can do to make it whiter?

Originally Posted by ADC32

DOES A UV LIGHT WORK BEST WITH THE SEAGLOW PRODUCT?
i personally think natural light, but some people have better results with a UV light

Originally Posted by KingJames23

How do you remove excess glue from nubuck? Can I just use the nubuck/suede cleaner I got?

Thanks

i dont no any methods but you can try that, dont scrape it off or it might mess up the material.

Originally Posted by k r e a m

sorry if this post doesnt belong here but where can i get laces for bred xi's????? and how can i get the little white balls from the sockliner out its only alittle bit do i just take em out with my finger????? and whats the best way to clean the midsoles and make them white again????? thanks in advance.....

try ebay for an exact pair of laces or try local shoe shoes for look alikes...

Originally Posted by swishasweets

ok so im getn a pair of columbias and there really yellowed and im wondering with the sea glow, what do i scrub with? Wats the best brush to use? And for the patent leather is there anything i can do to make it whiter?

for the sole apply seaglow to the sole with toothbrush or use the item they give you. let em sit in the sun for 20 min and then re apply...do for 2 hours, forbest results do for 2-4 days

and for better results use a tack to poke small holes in the yellowest spots.

there is no way to change the patent color...sorry

i was workin on restoring my og carolina xi's, and i was using the bar keepers friend.. make sure you dont get that stuff near bleach. i was using bleachand bar keepers friend on the shoe, and i accidentially dipped my bar keeper's friend tooth brush in the bleach, and it made some pretty badass fumes, igot like a real bad headache and a lil dizzy.. i dont reccomend it..

jake i used the barkeepers friend on my dmp xi and they turned yellow more than they were(just slighty more) should i do what pimpjobu said and make a pastewith the bkf then try it also how do i rinse them,wipe them off or use water thanks

Thank you Jakecuevas much appreciated bro, and i also heard that goof off also works on clear soles, wats the process of that?? any information would beappreciated.

Originally Posted by roncee

picked up some infrared VI's
wondering how i can fix this

use acetone to remove paint and then repaint.

Originally Posted by HOMERXXI

jake i used the barkeepers friend on my dmp xi and they turned yellow more than they were(just slighty more) should i do what pimpjobu said and make a paste with the bkf then try it also how do i rinse them,wipe them off or use water thanks
i would try using water but maybe you used to much bfk
lmk how the water went. if might not do anything. idk

dont mean to be filling the post up with the same questions but i recall hearing both answers before. on the v's can you use seaglow on the netting and onthe tounge part that is net also? does it help it or will it damage the part under the netting?

Originally Posted by lebrady23

dont mean to be filling the post up with the same questions but i recall hearing both answers before. on the v's can you use seaglow on the netting and on the tounge part that is net also? does it help it or will it damage the part under the netting?
i've answered this question before, but yes you can use seaglow on the netting and the tongue of the v's. just be careful when applying.just like any other clear soles your trying to clear up again, the yellowing of the netting and netting on the tongue will determine how long it will takebefore they become clear again with the seaglow. just use a toothbrush or synthetic 3m pad to apply so that way it doesn't soak into the rest of the tongueand side of the shoes. good luck.

Originally Posted by HOMERXXI

jake i used the barkeepers friend on my dmp xi and they turned yellow more than they were(just slighty more) should i do what pimpjobu said and make a paste with the bkf then try it also how do i rinse them,wipe them off or use water thanks
i know jakecuevas answered this question for you, but i think there might be some bkf residue on you dmp xi's that's making look yellowmore than before. use a wet towel or rag to remove the leftover bkf. you'll know if you removed any leftover bkf after it dries because it won't feelso "crunchy" in the areas being cleaned. if all else fails, you might want to consider using some diluted bleach to clean up the mesh. the bleachwouldn't have to be too strong to work, you're just trying to remove anything left on them. good luck.

So I stroll in here figuring i will find an easy solution to solve the patent yellowing on the Columbia's....only to discover its the one problem thatcannot be fixed
laugh.gif
mad.gif

anyhow, thanks pimpjobu for taking the time to experiment

Jake and pimp man i took my sweet time maybe around 4 hours to scrub them in the areas were they was yellow and this time i did not rinse them i just used 2white towels to wipe the bkf off i was more carefull this time also i left them out side over nite to dry. This morning man i was like hell yea they was extrawht .Ima do the lace holes on my xx3 its just one lace hole so its no biggie thanks

Does anyone know how to clean the mesh on XI's without using Barkeeper's Friend? I need to clean some Concords.

I don't know if the thread is strictly Jordans only, but I'm going to ask anyways.

Is there anything I can buy or use to get rid of the yellowing on the midsole on some all-white Air Force 1's? I don't feel like buying a new pairevery single year, so if there is anything to stop me from doing that, I would love it.

Back
Top Bottom