OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

If you are going to imply that streaming movies from home is going to kill movie theatres, then wouldn’t that also mean that people would stop attending live sporting events? You can watch the game at home for free, don’t have to pay for parking, food and beer are cheaper, and you will get a better POV. But yet, people still go to games. Why is that?

a sporting event and a movie doesn’t compare at all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i can’t shake any of the actors hands after the fact
actors aren’t signing jerseys
and a lot of people look at it in that way that they would rather watch it at home
but the experience doesn’t compare
hell some people still don’t bother with theaters till this day just by knowing it will be on DVD in a few months

Movie theaters aren't going anywhere, they will be doing crazy numbers as we get out of the pandemic. The pricing model needs to change though.

Also, the technology imo has been kind of a flop, 4d and all those gimmicks don't add much, imo even 3D was meh. When avatar dropping again?

Yeah no way movies compare. Sport events encourage you to get thrashed and be loud af. Cant do that at the movies; I get mad at people for whispering. On the flip side, I've never been hit in the head by a PVC pipe or had beer spilled down my back at the movies...

We might have a person or two who works for hedge funds in here :nerd:

Not me though. I sucked at my accounting classes in college and shot myself in the foot with any chance to work in that field.

I didn’t want to say it, but I’ve been getting that feeling too 😭

We might have a person or two who works for hedge funds in here :nerd:

Not me though. I sucked at my accounting classes in college and shot myself in the foot with any chance to work in that field.

I think we do
but I don’t think anyone is infatuated with them per say
some folks don’t have a dog in this fight and are just watching
me personally I don’t by the whole stick it the man narrative
you are in this to make money
and that’s ok :lol: :lol: :lol:

but if you are into that narrative then so be it

In highschool I saw borat at block e. Minneapolis heads know. That theater was wild, you were either going to get shot/robbed or have the time of your life.

me and the boys smoked like 100 blunts before and brought in a bottle.

whole theater was going ham. “VERY NICE!” Chanting for borat etc. :rofl:

Most fun I ever had at a movie. It’s fine to be loud in movies like that.

In highschool I saw borat at block e. Minneapolis heads know. That theater was wild, you were either going to get shot/robbed or have the time of your life.

I don’t think theaters as a whole are going to disappear but certain companies in the sector might

some of these theater chains was suffering before COVID

Don’t be a dumbass now, trim some and move stops up. You’re close to the blow off top now, then you’ll be hit on the backside of the move with momentum traders, shorts, suits, and weak hands cascading this back for a $10-30 unwind. Don’t Give it back. Stop at the low of day gives you plenty of room to let it run and still have a good gain if you were here early.

We clearly have different risk tolerances and are in different financial situations. I'll continue to buy and won't be setting stops at these prices.

Last edited:

Block e :smokinI used to play pool with my boys in block e after school. In hindsight not one of my better choices lol

We clearly have different risk tolerances and are in different financial situations. I'll continue to buy and won't be setting stops at these prices.
Realistically, what’s your end goal for a company with a $22b enterprise value trading at an EV/S of 50x and EV/EBIDTA of -10? You think this is going to continue trapping and squeezing funds until it hits $1000 while the company will rightfully raise money and insiders will be unloading their bags?

there’s a momentum trade, but this is a dying business that will most likely be taken private in the next 5-10 years at best. It’s just foolish to add add add here like you own a high growth stock with an explosive TAM and thematic

I like going to the movies as much as the next person but even I know that has nothing to do with AMC’s current price :lol: Enjoy the ride, salute to those that came up (yea I’m salty), but please lock in profits and trim. Missing out on maximum gains > losing your investment.

i don’t think Melvin capital was shorting
but Murdrick capital was buying
and sold their entire stake
Melvin Has No More Capital To Short With At This Point. They Got Squashed Back During The GME Initial Squeeze….. Give Their Website A Visit And Tell Me If That Looks Like A $20B Site To You Now… :nerd:

This is almost never shared by any institution, but what are you thinking is the percentage of bag holders and losers vs. those actually winning out on these amc/gme type stocks?I know hedge funds are currently losing. But the common man suffers too. How many have actually realized their gains? Isn’t that when dominos fall? Just wondering on a % front. Are 5-20% winning out as the other 80% suffers? So many news articles put out the past few months making it seem so easy to make money following these stocks. I guess it was if you have no fear and are okay realizing gains.

there are still tens of thousands holding onto GME at an average of $483

There will always be bag holders. The people who have shares of BB at $20+ are the same types who will buy AMC at the top and keep holding till it drops back to $9.

Good Question!

My Gut Is Telling Me GME Isn’t Done Yet Tho…

Maybe Just Pipe Dreams :lol:

PS- If You Fall Into That Boat And Haven’t Averaged Down By Now, There’s Only One Person To Blame For Complete Loss IMO

To play it safe
I sold 50 shares of AMC at $70
Got back my cost and grabbed a little extra
Not sure my plan going forward with the rest
Just started buying stocks earlier this year
So this is all new to me
I bought AMC at $6.52
You can put a stop at $15 and leave the rest alone and try to sell another piece into any big push off the open tomorrow. If the stock is for real, it should hold the break out point of $20 on any pull backs. $15 stop on your last piece locks in a double while giving you room on a shakeout of that support level. If you sell 2/3s at 70 and higher, you should be very proud of yourself and now wait for the next good set up.

Back
Top Bottom