OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Typically once a takeover is announce that stock's movement is over. It happened once that I recall however, that someone else will sneak in with a higher bid later on to pop the stock further, and that was SLXP last year. But even then, it's incredibly rare and unlikely.

Yall got any good resources or books you'd recommend for someone to educate themselves on the topic?

Decided to dive in head first with paper trading and I've done surprisingly well (came up 11.16% in two weeks) with gold.

Yall got any good resources or books you'd recommend for someone to educate themselves on the topic?

Decided to dive in head first with paper trading and I've done surprisingly well (came up 11.16% in two weeks) with gold.
Do you want books on anything in particular? Lots of books out there. Tbh, johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm would have some good recs.

Gold (and other commodities) might be a safe haven for the summer, outside of oil stocks (price rising, bullish sentiment across the board pretty much). Everything else is slipping and doesnt look promising for the rest of the year imo. Which blows because I'm not liking the shape my holdings are in right now :lol:

Do you want books on anything in particular? Lots of books out there. Tbh, @JohnnyRedStorm would have some good recs.

Gold (and other commodities) might be a safe haven for the summer, outside of oil stocks (price rising, bullish sentiment across the board pretty much). Everything else is slipping and doesnt look promising for the rest of the year imo. Which blows because I'm not liking the shape my holdings are in right now
laugh.gif
Mainly just something for beginners to understand the terminology and some strategies I guess. I've been reading up on puts and calls, familiarizing myself with the lingo and acronyms..

In terms of trading I've just been looking at back on charts with that, 'buy high, sell low' mentality whereas it may have been on a downward trend but seems to be back on an uptick. Worked beautifully with gold, ****** myself in BioTech (BIOA specifically 
mean.gif
).

Page 1 has tons of useful info

And you're talking about buy low sell high. It's a decent concept in theory but you need context. You can buy low in a stock making higher lows where u have a set risk but you shouldn't just buy a stock because it's low. Also on selling, you need to decide what your timeframe is because sometimes you can sell something before its upward move matures and you could shorthand yourself. Just takes time learning and you need a plan.

I heard they might be brokering a deal with Sephora. If it's true that would be the catalyst it needs for a stock pop. I personally don't like this name or sector really but if you're into the stock, the set risk is decent.

Last edited:
Got the basics down. What books do people recommend on investment strategy and how to really evaluate a stock?

Really excited to have jumped on Apple at the right time (92.69). Market just opened and it’s up almost another point.

On the other hand, Facebook has been frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom