OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

:lol: look at this ****ing bum. "They hate us cause they ain't us" defense. Opened a NKLA put a couple hours ago, $30 strike 10/02 exp, at $2. Up 16% after this stall defense.

NKLA will probably squeeze at some point because of resilient morons but this is a turd that should be sub zero. This reminds me 100% of SRNE’s response to Hindenburg. Probably being pumped by the same boiler room as well.

really important lesson to be learned for you new guys, never get obsessive and culty over a stock. Fundamentals rule everything, not PR’s or news. Those are trading events, not anything worthwhile for an investment (unless it’s an established company or a company with a real product launching a new innovation).

When GM backs out, the morons will be going down with the 3d rendered ship. Seriously cant see GM staying in this after they look at what they're paying for. That or Mary values Trevor's head game at $2bn and cant give that up.

It doesn't happen often, and I've certainly been on the wrong side before, but thanks $NKLA for the "free money". Happy to be out...

Can't do anything but kick myself. Should have gotten in on PTON call this morning while they were having a pullback.

Someone that’s a pton bull sell me on being a buyer for sustained growth and not a covid anomaly. Numbers were great but is the TAM big enough to warrant the valuation and expected growth rate? Subscriber growth was great but still small numbers in the big picture.

Someone that’s a pton bull sell me on being a buyer for sustained growth and not a covid anomaly. Numbers were great but is the TAM big enough to warrant the valuation and expected growth rate? Subscriber growth was great but still small numbers in the big picture.
Becky doesnt want to be forced to work out with Kyle's and Chad's every day. Cheaper bikes and new products make it more reasonable to buy. Online classes give the community feel of classes at gyms, without Karen's judging them.

I have no idea what their long term prospects are; clearly they were smart to add product at differing price points to continue to attract MAUs.

Post covid; whenever that is - couldn't they open up various studios to compete with "in person" fitness? Or certainly franchise them out. They have/had a studio in NY, no?

If we had our druthers, we would certainly had gotten a treadmill but their's was dumb expensive and truthfully we lack the right space for it. But we are indeed contemplating a move outside the SF Bay Area where we'd get more space, so we'd entertain it agian.

I was very bullish on it from a COVID perspective. Simply based on my own personal research, my coworkers who have them and the like. With shelter in place, their initial backlog which eventually got cleared I had little to no doubt these numbers were going to be blow away. It was just a matter of how much was priced in. I'm kicking myself for trying to short The Gap in April versus accumulating shares on PTON back then when the idea was borne.

Becky doesnt want to be forced to work out with Kyle's and Chad's every day. Cheaper bikes and new products make it more reasonable to buy. Online classes give the community feel of classes at gyms, without Karen's judging them.

Plus winter coming, kids doing school from home... harder to get to a gym, if they're even open. My wife used to workout a ton at her gym, but they've closed a few locations because why pay the rent when they can only have a % of capacity. They've moved to a video model, so she just works out from home now.

That said, I don't have any PTON. I've seen a lot of people on my FB feed who are newer moms saying they love them.

The way I see it there is still a lot of untapped potential in the rental markets that are unaccounted for. Take myself for example: an avid pton user. I do not own but rather use one at my apartment. In the beginning, Pton was very agressive in partnering with apartments.. Pton has since moved away from the partnering with "luxury" apartment model to focus solely on the consumer market (I disagree, but see why) never the less they still have units in thousands of apartments across the U.S.....I fully intend on purchasing one when/if I buy my own place but without the need to yet, I continue to use my apartment subscription.

In short, their customer retention numbers are still undervalued, and I suspect as more users begin to purchase their own homes, sales will continue to rise. Not to mention new users.

Agree with everything said so far. I loved the app for their body weight classes and see the value with yoga and all the other niches they offer. I do wonder how much further this can go but if the fed is printing and they continue to show triple digit growth, this stock can double in a few years for sure. I do wonder how many users they can grab before growth slows and they peak. The TAM for gym memberships is pretty big, but I wonder how many would cancel and go this route instead. I know my wife and I canceled our memberships and bought our bike instead. Math shows we’d pay off the bike and have an edge on a gym membership after the initial cost is paid off. I think any large correction is a buy. I’d consider a buy here, but 10% of a normal size so for that reason I’ll wait and see how things shake out since my cash is spoken for with snow.

Chewy beat but is down aftermarkets....

Shares of Chewy (NYSE:CHWY) decreased 1.41% in after-market trading after the company reported Q2 results.
Quarterly Results
Earnings per share rose 61.90% over the past year to ($0.08, which beat the estimate of ($0.16).
Revenue of $1,700,000,000 higher by 47.31% year over year, which beat the estimate of $1,690,000,000.

Last edited:
Chewy beat but is down aftermarkets....

Shares of Chewy (NYSE:CHWY) decreased 1.41% in after-market trading after the company reported Q2 results.
Quarterly Results
Earnings per share rose 61.90% over the past year to ($0.08), which beat the estimate of ($0.16).
Revenue of $1,700,000,000 higher by 47.31% year over year, which beat the estimate of $1,690,000,000.
Yep. My options bets are going to die tomorrow. Only hope now is the earnings call having some additional news or extra guidance. ****, CHWY won but the market makers won bigger.

Chewy didnt issue ANY guidance. ****ing dambit. That's the drag on their stock. Come on Sumit, say good things on the earnings call.

Last edited:
Wouldnt have been much profit, but damn I really played this one terribly. I follow my sell rules too much sometimes.

1599776317363.png

Wouldnt have been much profit, but damn I really played this one terribly. I follow my sell rules too much sometimes.

1599776317363.png
We’ve been there. I got shaken out of zm at 240 during the July volatility. Can always jump back in if the trend changes in your favor (exactly what I should’ve done with zm sooner). This eps and revenue growth for pton is pretty stellar. I think this could be sustainable potentially. Maybe they issue some stock to raise extra cash?

Back
Top Bottom