OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Keeney stresses the significance of Tesla setting up a human ride hailing network to help accelerate the progress towards a full autonomous robotaxi network. She says the $5 Billion capital raise will only help Tesla grow quicker via building more factories. This will lead to more and more Tesla's being on the road, which will help improve Tesla's AI system in autonomous driving through all the road data it collects. This will result in Tesla's accelerated path to finally implementing its robotaxi network!

After reports of Tesla looking to increase production to meet high demand for 4Q 2020, we are now getting conflicting reports that Tesla will also be shutting down Model S and X production lines for 18 days. It is safe to speculate that the shutdown is a result of the low demand of Model S and X, only to focus on the high demand for Model 3 and Y. It’s also possible that they are just shutting down to refresh their 2021 Model S and X models. How will Tesla stock react to this news on Monday? With positive catalysts in the headlines this weekend regarding FDA approval of COVID-19 vaccine, we could see Tesla and the overall markets pop this coming week. However, markets can be irrational or already have this news priced in and as a result selloff!

What do you guys think about rotating from VTSAX into Tesla?

If for whatever reason there is some sort of sell-off after S&P inclusion day. Might be a small opportunity there

VTSAX has been my safe play. I'll probably talk myself out of doing it. But wanted to throw out there...

what can go wrong? Stocks only go up.

don’t be insane at this point. If you’re new, you missed the edge in this bull market for high growth tech. Your position sizing needs to reflect that. You can still be bet long, just don’t be stupid and be overleveraged and overweight. If you have 50k don’t put it in one stock thinking it’s going to moon after it’s up 500% on the year. Put 1-5k in and diversify.

What ETFs are worth looking into?

e.g. VOO
There’s ark and then There’s everything else but it comes down to what stocks you’re looking for exposure to.
Dash and ABNB being smoked. This is why valuations matter guys. **** hype, trade price and multiples.

added one share of z just to own it and watch it. $10 gap up is not the move to be chasing. Love this long term though. 4x 2 year sales. That’s cheap for its growth rate.

also grabbed 5 shares of OZON just to track it. Russian amazon. In case they send this like JMIA.

edit: I took OZON off, didn't make it move for me as I read more about it. I just dont like Russia and the debt to cash is a no go for me. let other people on fin twit buy this one. ill pass.

Last edited:
I agree with the correction needing to happen, I just don't know how the current monetary environment will allow for one given no real benefit to holding cash

this lock up on date got me feeling like I missed the opportunity to enjoy the gains . this decision to hold or wait and add-on.

Its annoying but should've prepped more on the exit. lesson learned

potential economic effects of Jan 1 evictions?

giphy.gif

This market is beyond detached from reality :lol:.

this lock up on date got me feeling like I missed the opportunity to enjoy the gains . this decision to hold or wait and add-on.

Its annoying but should've prepped more on the exit. lesson learned
Keep perspective and have a timeline that you manage risk on. Best markets and corrections build houses when you are invested in the right stocks.

Long BTWN. Peter Thiel backed SPAC in talks to merge with Tokopedia. E-commerce unicorn in Indonesia. This is like buying a baby SE at 13 bucks if it goes through. Only 25 shares because its chatter technically. Will be adding once things become official but it'll probably be north of 20 at that point.

Back
Top Bottom