OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Ergh. Should've closed NUGT positions today after the first leg down

got fooled by a dead cat bounce?

No i meant I should've sold the shares I was already holding after seeing the first set of lower lows and lower highs since it seems like (for GDX/NUGT at least) once a trend is showing, it'll keep moving that direction. Ended up closing at 50.20.

Trend seems broken now and it's trading sideways now though......

Just checked my order history. I've been holding NUGT since Jan 3 :wow: I've never held it past 24 hours before now. +66% in those 1.5 months :smokin Gonna look into re-buying EOD

Last edited:
Ergh. Should've closed NUGT positions today after the first leg down

got fooled by a dead cat bounce?
Ended up closing at 50.20.

Trend seems broken now and it's trading sideways now though......

Doh! Would've been better off just holding (not much better off, but still).

Didn't buy in again like I intended since the price was more than what I sold. I know it's not exactly the right move to make especially when this thing has a ton of legs, but we'll see how this looks come Monday.

Have a good weekend and let's keep cooking like we did all this week :smokin

if it were that easy wouldn't you think everyone would be doing it
mean.gif
It is actually pretty easy but you need large account to make it easy.  1% of 20,000 is $200....

Good momentum from Stochastics, MACD momentum changing now, Bollinger Bands pinching, RSI with a lot of room to move, stock right by the moving average. 

I'm in. 
smokin.gif

SFM has had some monster call buying for the March 35s. Gonna put this one on the watch list next to FWM and WFM.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprouts-farmers-market-jabil-circuit-120544559.html

The March 35 calls were seeing a huge amount of contracts coming in when there was basically no or tremendously light open interest. This means the buyer is paying nearly $3 for the $35 call and they expect the stock to be $38 in mid-March.

Gold miners look good. NG and ANV have nice charts.

Saw this one of ANV on TWTR

NG has a little cup and handle action going on with a base from October to the new year. might have a little more room if it breaks 3.60 with volume.

AUY looks a little more risky. I used to play that one back in 2012 before the bottom was pulled out from it.

Last edited:
SFM has had some monster call buying for the March 35s. Gonna put this one on the watch list next to FWM and WFM.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprouts-farmers-market-jabil-circuit-120544559.html
Gold miners look good. NG and ANV have nice charts.

Saw this one of ANV on TWTR

NG has a little cup and handle action going on with a base from October to the new year. might have a little more room if it breaks 3.60 with volume.

AUY looks a little more risky. I used to play that one back in 2012 before the bottom was pulled out from it.

reverse head and shoulder pattern for AUY chart is bullish. MACD crosses and RSI looks to be forming a new uptrend.

AUY has the lowest debt and best suited to handle low gold prices relative to its competititon. if gold miners are recovering AUY is one of the best stocks to be positioned in

Last edited:
I stopped following the miners two years ago so I'm ignorant on their current states fundamentally, but that's cool to know with Yamana.

Like AKS and SFM

AUY sounds good too

EDIT: GSS earnings release 2/19 after hours. Play your rules accordingly. I read charts not fundamentals so I do not play earnings

Last edited:
Sprint Nextel (S): S was Paulson's largest position in Q2 2013 at 9.90% of the US long portfolio. The stake was established in Q4 2012 and doubled in Q1 2013. Last quarter, the position was reduced to a 2.27% position at prices between $5.50 and $7.25. This quarter saw a 13% stake increase at prices between $5.97 and $10.79. The stock currently trades at $8.40.

Always a good sign when someone worth $11 billion bought shares at a price higher than the current price in my opinion.  

Right now I am long S, and am buying AKS tomorrow. 

Last edited:
pigs get slaughtered. do your due diligence. maybe peel some off if you're weary.

I trimmed my FSLR position today from 550 to 400 shares. cost basis is 56.80. I've got some shares under 52, 100 at 55.50 and 200 at 59.50. will probably add a little on dips. not trying to go into earnings on the 24th full size though.

TSLA's been pretty resilient even after a bad ER. You get a sell-off the first few days after, then everybody comes running back.

FSLR looking good today. Only 50 shares from 50. Gonna hold through earnings because, meh.

Miners bulls and bears duking it out today. Pretty good up and down action for the traders :nerd: Sitting on the sidelines since I sold my pos Friday.

Back
Top Bottom