OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Question for those who have experience trading options, do you run into the problem of not being able to sell an option that is in the money when it is close to expiration, since options trade so thinly?

Ive traded both ITM and way OTM options near and far from expiration without ever having a liquidity/market issue. Did you run into something?
I was just wondering. Haven't really gotten into it yet. But options are getting more and more popular, so it should become less of a problem.

It's been a while, but I want to say, they're not usually thinly traded near the expiration date when ITM.

Originally Posted by theone218

Bump! let's bring this back. Anyone have some good recommendations for pennystocks?

NSRS made some people coin....got in the beginning of the yr...but i'd leave this alone now..its gonna crash hardcore...

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

bump anyone got some good penny stocks, i just recently started investing btw
You should just go to Vegas. You'll have better luck.
Try investing in actual stocks. 

Long AAPL, IGTE, MD, NHC, DXPE. Will add more AAPL on the first dip. Otherwise I'm sitting tight.

Tiffany had a nice little write up in yesterday's Barrons. Been trading that stock since the summer and will probably add to my position if it dips under 64.

BP settled their oil spill cases
pimp.gif
Should see a pop through its resistance tomorrow.

Would like to see a little pullback in Visa and/or Apple so I could enter a position. Who knows when that'll happen, though
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Any other picks? Have another 2-3Gs I want to throw into stocks
DXPE
Trailing P/E: 18.66

Forward P/E: 14.18

PEG: 0.72

Market cap: $547M

Has beaten earning estimates every quarter since at least 4Q2009 (probably even further back, but I can't find estimates beyond that for some reason). Management's goal has been $1B market cap for quite some time now. Barring another global setback, they'll do it within two years. 

We're bout to enter a correction so keep your eyes open these next couple of days. One stock I like a lot that you could actually buy a decent amount of with what you have is Corning GLW. Weak TV sales are why it's so cheap, but if you hold it long-term it shouldn't be an issue.

Fusion-IO is another stock I love at the right levels. It's a bit volatile (so I would rather trade it than try and go long), but if you grab it at 22-24, you'll be in the clear.

I like WFM and SBUX long.

Also love GNW. Historically cheap. Book value over $30. I was told about this when it was $5ish and didn't get it SMH

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

What'd you guys think of the Apple event today?
I bought one. I don't care about the event. And I don't think most consumers do either. The new iPad is going to sell like crazy regardless of how "disappointed" people are. Remember, people were upset with the 4S announcement too.

aztec06jr - Take a look into Intel. (Invidia's not bad either) but I bought into Intel at 19.11 & it's currently at 26.91 and i'm throwing another 3k in myself. They're new chip got delayed but it's definitely a game changer. Their only other real competition is AMD and they've been a complete mess. Expect to wait a while though since the #'s won't release for at least 3-4 quarters.

Good luck to you bro!

Intel's a nice play long-term especially with its dividend.
Speaking of dividend plays, I'm gonna take an entry position in Vodafone (VOD) tomorrow. The 4G LTE iPad's should help Verizon which Voda owns a nice chunk of. Can't go wrong with its sem-annual dividend either.

Another spec stock I've been looking at Verifone (PAY) has been on a really nice run the past couple of days. Should have some decent growth over time.

JohnnyRedStorm - I never knew this thread existed, thanks all your great posts man ima be checking back errday now lol.

I wanted to ask what you thought about Yelp. Watched it go up 64% in day 1 and now we're at just about $20. I was thinking of buying in, what do you think? I know all these social media websites go crazy at first and then end up bombing (linkedin.)

Originally Posted by Azndood21

JohnnyRedStorm - I never knew this thread existed, thanks all your great posts man ima be checking back errday now lol.

I wanted to ask what you thought about Yelp. Watched it go up 64% in day 1 and now we're at just about $20. I was thinking of buying in, what do you think? I know all these social media websites go crazy at first and then end up bombing (linkedin.)
DO NOT BUY YELP, LINKEDIN, ZYNGA, FACEBOOK, GROUPON, ETC. 
There, I made it easy for you. Facebook is the only company I would even begin to consider investing in. Even then, there are so many better companies out there. 

These social sites aren't making any money yet (Pandora too). If you must, wait until they bottom, grab 300 shares and go really long. You have to really pick well, though. I wouldn't touch GRPN however, if LNKD pulled back some more I might take a position.

If you want a Facebook play check out GSVC or SOCL. The latter is the social media ETF, but I'm not too fond of it. Would only play it for the trade, hell both stocks really should be sold after FB's IPO.

for those who like to day trade, investorslive.com really puts together a great free watchlist each night.

Back
Top Bottom