OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Why does the intraday chart for Aapl look weird? Did it not trade or something for a small stretch?

Are you looking on Google Finance? Their chart is missing data, might be a glitch. I see everything on my broker's site.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I'd like to see an end of day bounce. 
I'd like to see it drop.  Too much fear out there and the market needs to account for it.  I don't like dealing with these huge alternating swings up and down.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

I'd like to see an end of day bounce. 
I'd like to see it drop.  Too much fear out there and the market needs to account for it.  I don't like dealing with these huge alternating swings up and down.
If you put it that way then sure. The past couple days of rally were a farce. One more day wouldn't have hurt.
laugh.gif

If I have some settled funds I would short LULU. I am still in LNKD, but watching very closely and ready to get out if it doesn't act accordingly. 

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

All of Google's charts are messed up today. And LOL at GOOG and their stupid split.
Surprisingly, the company also announced a new stock structure that will keep the company firmly under the control of its co-founders.  The company plans to introduce a new class of stock in a 2-for-1 stock split and the shares will be distributed through a stock dividend to existing shareholders.
Yeah what is the point of this?

Originally Posted by finnns2003

All of Google's charts are messed up today. And LOL at GOOG and their stupid split.
Surprisingly, the company also announced a new stock structure that will keep the company firmly under the control of its co-founders.  The company plans to introduce a new class of stock in a 2-for-1 stock split and the shares will be distributed through a stock dividend to existing shareholders.

IMO, all of Silicone Valley thinks they are visionaries now, so they all want to maintain control. Zuckberg's doing the same thing so he maintains unheard of power.

Etrade is such trash. Their stupid mobile app barely works on my iPhone. It's like I'm only allowed to look at 3 charts in a day and after that it's a wrap
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Originally Posted by finnns2003

IMO, all of Silicone Valley thinks they are visionaries now, so they all want to maintain control. Zuckberg's doing the same thing so he maintains unheard of power.

This. Brin and Page want the company to be a private-public essentially. Laughable for a company that vowed to "do no evil".

Google was one of the originals to go public w/ a share class system that did not relinquish control anyway - so it's nothing new, much ado about nothing really.

NO body shorted AAPL
wink.gif
LOLZ

Talked about this LAST WEEK, exactly 7 days ago (page 203).  Those on the short side should've made money.  But more so, it had NOTHING to do about CALLING PRICE TARGETS, or CALLING the MARKET.  It was about 'reaction', 'cues', and 'good trading'.  It had absolutely NOTHING to do w/ Tim Cook dumping his shares (or did it
wink.gif
.  More so, it was because what TECHNICAL ANALYSIS "DID NOT" TELL ME SO. hehe  Again, it had NOTHING TO DO w/ my BIAS FEEL towards AAPL.  More so, it had NOTHING to do w/ PUTTING MONEY where my MOUTH IS. hahaha

The 'sucker' stocks are now turning. FINALLY, the sheeple has caught on.

wow, China really scares investors. Which I can understand, but seriously they can't expect 9-10 percent growth to be normal, even if it's good momentarily...

The borrwing cost and margin probably exceeds what you'd make in terms of it since most of us aren't using heavy capital.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

NO body shorted AAPL
wink.gif
LOLZ

Talked about this LAST WEEK, exactly 7 days ago (page 203).  Those on the short side should've made money.  But more so, it had NOTHING to do about CALLING PRICE TARGETS, or CALLING the MARKET.  It was about 'reaction', 'cues', and 'good trading'.  It had absolutely NOTHING to do w/ Tim Cook dumping his shares (or did it
wink.gif
.  More so, it was because what TECHNICAL ANALYSIS "DID NOT" TELL ME SO. hehe  Again, it had NOTHING TO DO w/ my BIAS FEEL towards AAPL.  More so, it had NOTHING to do w/ PUTTING MONEY where my MOUTH IS. hahaha

Tim Cook didn't "dump" his shares. It was a scheduled sale under Rule10b5-1. If you want anyone to listen to you, quit making ++** up.

I'd like to remind you all that it is tax season. Where do you think the big boys get their funds to write a check to the IRS?

ROSS and TJMAXX are reporting earnings next week and they should help raise the stock price imo due to an increase in consumer spending.

Originally Posted by bruce negro

This downturn is a China scare yet RENN is up almost 7% today... I hate life.

-for the last week and a half, a lot of chinese stocks have ran up.  Go figure, but I'm paying close to them now.

-
laugh.gif
@ mentioning Apple's little pullback.  I think most smart investors knew this would be coming.  It has gone done a little more than what I thought it would but we do have a whole continent in economic turmoil.  I'll get nervous @ $575.

-I also recommend going to investorslive.com.  They give really solid day trading ideas for free (+ you can buy a subscription).  I have followed them for a few months now, and I like their ideas.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

NO body shorted AAPL
wink.gif
LOLZ

wink.gif

So in other words, your trading strategy is to just be a Contrarian and hope it pays off at some point?

mad.gif
mad.gif
I panicked and sold some of my LNKD calls too early. I'm expecting some more window dressing with this along with other Web stocks. 

I searched it, but I don't fully understand what the term window dressing means.
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom