Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

It'll be interesting to see where Ibra ends up. Man City? Juventus? Chelsea? Man Utd?

There is talk Man Utd are looking for a Left-mid...maybe Ribery or Di Maria.

Word in Spain is that Barca may go after Torres as well. I'm not sure what to believe anymore.
i been hearing this too
also about united and di maria too
pimp.gif
at villa for going to barca

Originally Posted by babam11218719

So Chamakh officially unveiled at Arsenal. Good pickup and its a guy who actually wants to be a Gunner!
It took Arsenal 1 year to bring Chamakh in...on a free transfer.

It took Barca 2 days to bring David Villa in...for 40 million euros.

And Arsenal fans ask themselves why Fabregas wants to bolt for Barca.

Great addition...Depth at the forward position in East London for the first time in a long while..

For some reason I see Ibra going back to Juve, I just hope the Zlatan+Cash for Cesc rumours die out completely.

I really, really, doubt Ibra comes back to Juve, he is HATED in Turin. and after the nightmare season we just had, the new (partially) board of directors are going to try to not only rebuild a winning team with a complete overhaul (hopefully) and i dont think they are dumb enough to bring in a guy that EVERY Juventus fan considers a traitor.
Ibra is despised in Turin, after leaving in 06 to go to Inter, then saying he "always" wanted to play for Inter in the first place, that sealed his fate over there. The Biaconeri fan base is pretty hard on the guys who left after 06, but atleast Cannavaro and Zambrotta went to Spain, Ibra and Viera went to Inter and will never be welcomed back.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Great addition...Depth at the forward position in East London for the first time in a long while..

For some reason I see Ibra going back to Juve, I just hope the Zlatan+Cash for ALL Cesc rumours die out completely.

Fixed. Great pickup by the Gunners today, I just wish all the Cesc crap would go away too (with him staying of course).

Barca are 420 million pounds in debt. Real are in a similar situation. But if a Spanish bank were to come down hard on them, the people would revolt against them so they don't care.

Villa signing for Barca is a bad sign for La Liga. While obviously the teams are of a higher quality, it is quickly going the way of the Scottish league where you could give me 2 teams and there is a 100% chance I can pick who will win the league. There are 6 teams in England that I think have a legitimate chance to win the Premier League next season. Now that's looking at teams and their current squads before any more transfers.

0% chance that Ibra comes to Arsenal. Our wage structure simply won't allow it, nor should it in this case, he is garbage.

Now, let's go get us a goalie and a center back.

Ibra to United is what im praying for. Him and Rooney up top would be a great duo. Also been hearing they have been linked to Kaka to, but who hasnt at this point. Id be happy with either Kaka, Benzema, or Ibra. And hopefully a winger. And I PRAY we do NOT get rid of either Vidic or Evra, they are two solid rocks in the back.

Manchester United are targeting a £20m swoop for Real Madrid's 27-year-old Dutch midfielder Rafael van der Vaart.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Prospective new Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho, who is currentlyboss of Inter Milan, has told the Spanish giants to launch a £50mdouble bid for Chelsea stars Michael Essien and Ashley Cole.
Full story: Daily Express
Tottenham are preparing a £9m bid to sign Manchester City's 21-year-old defender Micah Richards.
Full story: The Sun

Arsenal are ready to turn to Fulham's Mark Schwarzer, 37, in a bid to solve their goalkeeping crisis.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Manchester United are considering an £18m bid for Barcelona's out-of-favour midfielder Yaya Toure.
Full story: Caught Offside

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres - through his agent Jose Antonio Peton - says he will still be at Anfield next season.
Full story: The Sun

http://news.bbc.co.uk/spo...nd_transfers/default.stm

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ cheap a.ss Arsenal going for a 37-year-old keeper instead of a long term solution.

yo, random question.

how long you think balotelli has left at inter?
pretty much, from what i've read and seen, it seems like he's worn out his welcome.
maybe, that will change if jose goes to madrid....idk, i just want your guys' opinion

He is staying at Inter. Moratti loves him and will not sell him. He ended the season in good spirits, even with Mourinho, so hopefully the growing pains are over. Looks like Capello will be the coach so hopefully this motivates Mario. 

I really hope David Silva goes to Madrid. Curious to see who Mou wants at the Bernabeu. Ashley Cole, Lampard, Maicon? Should be interesting.

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing

I really hope David Silva goes to Madrid. Curious to see who Mou wants at the Bernabeu. Ashley Cole, Lampard, Maicon? Should be interesting.

I'm thinking Real will play Mourinho's preferred 4-3-3...

-----------Casillas-----------
RB----CB----CB--------LB
--------Diarra---------------
-----------------Xabi---------
----------Kaka---------------
RW-------------------Ronaldo
-----------Higuain-------------

Ronaldo can play on either wing...it'll depend on who they bring in.

A lot of question marks though. Who will Mourinho use at the back, who will Real bring in to play CM/DM, who will Real bring in to play on the wing (David Silva?). Will Diarra be healthy come August? Word is that he's suffering from a serious illness to one of his organs.

I'm ready to give up Cesc. He obviously doesn't want to be here, so let him go, but only for enough cash, even he should understand that. If we can get 45-50 million pounds for him, I'd take it and run, then pay Gourcuff's release clause, then buy a goalie and a young CB, and try to resign Gallas for 2 more years. No way Wenger lets him go for 30 mil though.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Arsenal turn down Barca offer for Fabregas[/h1]
Arsenal Football Club have today released the following statement about Cesc Fabregas:

"Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregasis under contract with the Club until the summer of 2015. He is ahighly-valued member of the team and part of our future plans.

"We have followed recent speculation linking Cesc with a move awayfrom the Club but as there has never been any official approach forhim, only two informal exchanges, in which we made it abundantly clearthat we have no interest in transferring Cesc, we have refrained frompublicly passing comment. However, yesterday evening we received anoffer from Barcelona for Cesc and in response, we immediately andresolutely told them once again that we have no intention of sellingour captain.

"To be clear, we will not make any kind of counterproposal or enterinto any discussion. Barcelona have publicly stated that they willrespect our position and we expect that they will keep their word."

http://www.arsenal.com/ne...barca-offer-for-fabregas

OH *$%@ YES!!!!

GO GUNNERS!

Dude, Fabregas wants OUT. His Spain team mates are speaking out for him but Fabregas has remained professional and kept quite. He's going to be a Barca player very very soon. Right now Barca are lowballing Arsenal while Arsenal are posturing and acting like they wont sell him. An agreement will be reached shortly.

^I have still yet to see Cesc say he wants to leave NOW, he did say he wants to play there one day though (which is no secret) but I cant find anywhere where he said he "wants OUT". I believe all of this stems from some comment when asked about him going to Barca (one of many he gets asked all the time from the spanish press) and he sated the he'd "love to play there but he didnt know if they would want him" (or something like that) The presidential candidates got wind of it and ran with it to get votes and thus we are where we are today. Cesc hasnt said anything new, people just want hits on thier websites and to sell papers coming up with family-friend's sister's cousin's inside info.
Arsenal's stance is pretty direct aswell...If Barca offers a sum Arsenal cant refuse things may change but I hope that doesnt happen.

Maybe Im just looking at the situation with my biases factored in...I just don't want him to leave. (although I know he will be their one day)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/17/real-madrid-angel-di-maria

Real Madrid are poised to sign Argentina's Angel Di María for about €25m (£21m), according to reports in the Spanish press.

The deal to bring the winger from the Portuguese champions, Benfica, was agreed in a meeting between the two club presidents yesterday and is expected to be confirmed early next week.

Benfica had initially insisted on the €40m fee specified in the player's buyout clause but after Di María lobbied hard for a move to the Spanish club, Benfica's president, Luis Felipe Vieira, agreed to settle for a lower amount.

The Argentina international will sign a five-year contract worth about €2m a year, making him one of Madrid's more modestly rewarded first-team players.

Di María is currently with the Argentina squad in South Africa and played in their opening World Cup victory over Nigeria on Saturday.

Di María had attracted interest from a number of Premier League clubs including Manchester City. In April Roberto Mancini confirmed that Di María was a player he was studying: "Di María is a good player and, in the future, we'll see."

Back
Top Bottom