***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Its not gonna be just the trees, i'm gonna have a wolf incorporated in it (my dads nickname was wolf) so it'll still be unique for me.

and little darker than that, like a jaden smith

I think if you're incorporating the woods and the sky it would have to be huge, like your whole torso or back, to be big enough for the wolf to fit in and be to scale.

My 2 cents would just be to focus on the wolf itself. That's dope if it's for your pops I'd just say go for just the wolf, traditional, realism, or however you want it stylized

The forest one you posted is cool but I think it's just too hard to square with the pops tribute wolf side of your concept, based on size

I think if you're incorporating the woods and the sky it would have to be huge, like your whole torso or back, to be big enough for the wolf to fit in and be to scale.

My 2 cents would just be to focus on the wolf itself. That's dope if it's for your pops I'd just say go for just the wolf, traditional, realism, or however you want it stylized

The forest one you posted is cool but I think it's just too hard to square with the pops tribute wolf side of your concept, based on size
You sure? These are some examples i've seen and It looks as if not all that much room is required.

Ready!

I'm sure this has been asked quite a lot but can anyone link me to a few quality artists from the Bay Area? Shoot me all the IG accounts you know of. Please and thanks

question i have a vision for a tattoo

3 tears as if a bear went to paw me, but in those scratch marks there are 3 flags showing to signify my heritage

anybody gotten something like this done? And could anyone share any recommended artists who do work like this in the bay?

Thanks fellas, it would be my first one

3 tears as if a bear went to paw me, but in those scratch marks there are 3 flags showing to signify my heritage

anybody gotten something like this done? And could anyone share any recommended artists who do work like this in the bay?

Similar to this I guess?

Dustin Burt at sugar city tattoo in crockett, ca

Need a good tattoo artist in LA. Not charging ridiculous prices but does quality work. Melanated skin if it matters.

Let me know

Decided to say **** it me get the rest of my arms sleeved. :smokin

Probably stop about two/three inches above my wrist.

Has having full sleeves affected anyone's professional lives?

:lol:

I did the same. I went from thinking about getting a half sleeve to saying **** it I'm doing the whole thing. Still not finished yet but tatted right to my wrist.

#noregrets

anyone seen the work of Zhuodanting? she works out of Shanghai Tattoo in China. Damn I've admired her pieces for a good minute now. Her portrait, realism, and color work are A-1. wish I had the funds to take a flight out there and get tattood by her.

in any case, been itching to get something stamped onto my leg for the first time and thus I took some time to revisit the first 30 or so pages of this thread. it's safe to say I'm thoroughly inspired and ready.

btw, just wondering if people have suggestions on how to properly take care of a fresh back tattoo. My arms are nowhere near long or flexible enough to reach back there and apply lotion

Last edited:
Any Houston folks here?

I wanna get a pin up tat but i dont want no garage job lookin ****...

Any Houston folks here?

I wanna get a pin up tat but i dont want no garage job lookin ****...

my bad if I'm geographically off but Rock of Ages in Austin, tx has some solid folks who do the pin up/sailor Jerry style work. again, my fault if Austin is really far from Houston

Last edited:
Serious question.

If I have an 8 hour session today and the total is $4,000, what's a good tip for the artist? 

Serious question.

If I have an 8 hour session today and the total is $4,000, what's a good tip for the artist? 

I generally try to abide by the 15-20% rule if the tattoo is less than a $1000 but considering it's a $4,000 session, I'd say 10% is reasonable. in the past, I've shaved off 1-2% if my finances were real tight. but then two things happened, I'd feel guilty about under tipping and then I'd reevaluate why I was getting tattood if I couldn't afford to tip. in those few cases, I'd end up going back to the shop and breaking off my artist with more bread (especially if he was an artist I planned on going back to).

good luck at your session. what are you getting bro?

Last edited:
I generally try to abide by the 15-20% rule if the tattoo is less than a $1000 but considering it's a $4,000 session, I'd say 10% is reasonable. in the past, I've shaved off 1-2% if my finances were real tight. but then two things happened, I'd feel guilty about under tipping and then I'd reevaluate why I was getting tattood if I couldn't afford to tip. in those few cases, I'd end up going back to the shop and breaking off my artist with more bread (especially if he was an artist I planned on going back to).

good luck at your session. what are you getting bro?
Just finished this up with Eric Marcinizyn. 

And I had to leave the name Axel on my wrist. Kinda wish it wasn't there but no time to remove it. Oh well. 

^^^Wait, that is new? Then was there someone else on here that got the same tattoo? I swear I have seen that posted on here before.

Back
Top Bottom