***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Most painful for me was my stomach/gut. Almost tapped out but saw it was almost done so i said f it.

#2 would be what everyone else says, inner biceps. Once the shading starts, prepare to cry.

The wrist right on the vein hurts most, personally...especially with deep outline/dark shading. Good thing it’s only a small area so ppl won’t pass out. Elbows and armpit area hurt too.
5D9E07A4-0230-4F5C-924D-CB599B76FA77.jpeg
Exactly the area I was talking about. Felt like I was getting cut open

When my friend (big dude, got shot up and didnt show any emotions) got his inner bicep tattooed, had tears and say the worst pain he ever felt.

Maybe since he's a muscle head lean body ...

When i got my whole left tatted the worst parts were the elbow, parts of the wrist, and that inner. Mine goes pretty close to the armpit too. I just remember gripping this pillow while getting outlined/shaded

Wrist part where you bone prob most annoying for me. If you have cool/humorous discussion with tattoo homie it should be aight. It’s all mental. Side of stomach and clavicle bone by chest close second for annoyance.
DA47570B-3D1F-4BF1-AF88-13191C5AA384.jpeg

Finally got a chance to add fellow NTer BJ Betts to the collection.

A few recent ones I haven't posted:

James Strickland:

Dmitriy Samohin:

Mayonaize:

Rember on the thigh, Jun Cha did the lion and Sergio Sanchez did the white rabbit:

Last edited:
^ Images aren't working but I recognize those names. that's some fire you have on you man congrats. Didn't know Bj Betts was an NTer? If you're reading this BJ, please tattoo me.

I don’t think there is a hard rule. Some tip high and some tip minimum. Just don’t go super low. I would tip like $40-50 for short sessions and $80-100 for long one shot but my tattoo artists was sort of known. My friend goes to budget places and would tip $20 all the time.

How much was your Mayonaize tat? I am trying to get something done by him since he’s in LA next month. Also does your tatt say something?
His U.S. pricing is $250 an hour, but that was last year. The piece he did on me was 6 hours. Yea everything he makes actually says something and you can see it once you know what it is.

Last edited:
Yall tip on a hourly basis or by piece? If so how much? There a min or max to tipping?
Up to you. Some people don't tip at all and I've seen some people tip $1000 before. Generally I see people tip $100-$200 for a full day and $20-$50 for smaller sessions or pieces. Also all that changes depending on if they're hooking you up or not.

His U.S. pricing is $250 an hour, but that was last year. The piece he did on me was 6 hours. Yea everything he makes actually says something and you can see it once you know what it is.
Damn. That’s like $50 more an hour than I wanted. Was hoping the tattoo I wanted was like $1000 but looks like in the ballpark of $1500. I have to even fly to meet him so this is looking at $2k for everything.

Thanks for the reply.

Damn i thought the general tip rule in tattooing was like the dineout rule 18-20%

Thanks for the info
That still applies but depends on the artist rates. No ones tipping 20% on an artist that charges 400 or 500 an hour or even a 3k+ day rate. In the end just tip what you feel comfortable with. That tipping rule mostly applies back then to artist barely making anything and having a large cut being taken out and given to a shop. They depended on it. The rates are higher than they've ever been. All the T.V. shows and Bang Bangs shop in NY have played a role in that. I've had tips refused mostly from artist with private studios. If you're just going to a small local shop then stick to the 20% rule.

Back
Top Bottom