***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

For my People of color that have color besides Red

Is the product Hustle Butter any good for people of brown complexion ?

I used the traditional A&D on my stomach tats
But I'm doing a bigger piece on my arm and with sun damage and all that elements
I seen the lighter complexion people use this product and their pieces continue to shine and look fresh

I would go with whatever the artist tells you to use. The reaction to the cream can be dependent on the the ink and methods they use. For example, A&D will wash out some pigments(usually older tattooing styles) but will keep others. But that depends on the artist and their methods. Some artist recommend dry healing for black work. Some recommend Aquaphor for heavy pigments. how deep there needle goes into the skin will affect the tattoo and healing process as well. It all depends.

As for sun damage, if your dark skin, then your most likely fine with minimal maintenance. I was told that dark skin pigments(melanin) absorb the sun first in most cases before the ink will. Just keep it moisturized and out of the sun. If your light skin and prone to tanning, then be very diligent to keep it out of the sun and use what the artist recommends. From experience, the sun will change colors because your skin is the base canvas and the sun is changing the base in its entirety.

Freshness is extremely relative. People advertise freshness product but the reality is that there are too many factors(health, skin health, style, tattoo method etc) that go into freshness and IMO its not that serious and freshness is a instagram Babylon thing. Some tattoos even look better with age.

Also, ask about tegaderm. It a easier healing process and works for most tattoo arts. We were talking about it a few pages back in this thread.

Artist I go to sells these so I usually grab one, pretty decent.
71%2B37EDLPOL._SY679_.jpg

Went to my 2.5hr session today completely sober, the worst pain I’ve ever been in, in any session... started off well and ended with me ready to give up. Not sure if it was the lack of ibuprofen, alcohol, or dank, but MAN. I was thinking like, I need to chill if it hurts this bad again.

I got the back of upper arm and parts of shoulder done.

Went to my 2.5hr session today completely sober, the worst pain I’ve ever been in, in any session... started off well and ended with me ready to give up. Not sure if it was the lack of ibuprofen, alcohol, or dank, but MAN. I was thinking like, I need to chill if it hurts this bad again.

I got the back of upper arm and parts of shoulder done.

That is a pain in the *** spot. Have you gotten tattooed drunk before? Was it a blood bath? Alchohol and ibuprofen would just be a totally bad idea for the artist anyways.

I think by the end of it, all tattoos hurt. None of them that I've done have been cakewalks. I mean for me, it's doable but I honestly hated everyone I got.

That is a pain in the *** spot. Have you gotten tattooed drunk before? Was it a blood bath? Alchohol and ibuprofen would just be a totally bad idea for the artist anyways.

I think by the end of it, all tattoos hurt. None of them that I've done have been cakewalks. I mean for me, it's doable but I honestly hated everyone I got.

My artist recommended all the above 1-2hrs before sessions. Previous sessions I’ve gone in a few beers or drinks in, and maybe a puff or two of weed, and have been fine. From wrist up, pretty much. Today, tho... whew.

I've had Ann 8 hr session and 4 hour session. It's not crazy bad, pump yourself with some sugar and you should be ok.

For my People of color that have color besides Red

Is the product Hustle Butter any good for people of brown complexion ?

I used the traditional A&D on my stomach tats
But I'm doing a bigger piece on my arm and with sun damage and all that elements
I seen the lighter complexion people use this product and their pieces continue to shine and look fresh

Hustle Butter is a really great product for any skin type. All natural, no petroleum products (which clog the pores), and Vegan, if that matters to you.
I use it during the tattoo process and give it to my clients to use for aftercare, and have never had any less than desirable results. It can also be used for diaper rash and other relatively light skin irritation.
I recommend it highly.
A&D can be a little tricky for some people because of the higher petroleum content and it's just a heavier ointment all around. There are some great products out there these days, especially since people outside the tattoo industry saw an opportunity to cash in on the aftercare product market. Subsequently, you have doctors, physicians, dermatologists and other medical researchers doing plenty of R&D to better the healing process.

my worst tattoo pain so far is my chrysanthemum flower on my elbow, yellow outline, red/purple shading.

I talked for like 45 minutes in my 5hr session

Do y’all talk through the whole process
About to try some Tegaderm my Walgreens only had the small pads

My most painful tattoos were my grandmother's names on each of my ankles. Cried throughout the whole 20 minutes since it's a boney area. For me, it was much more painful than my full colored pieces.

my worst tattoo pain so far is my chrysanthemum flower on my elbow, yellow outline, red/purple shading.

What is dumb is my sleeve is incomplete because my elbow is the last of my arm that need to be finished and I left it alone just cause I didn't want to deal with the pain. And I have to shade most of my lower forearm too which also is a pain in the butt.

I talked for like 45 minutes in my 5hr session

Do y’all talk through the whole process
About to try some Tegaderm my Walgreens only had the small pads

I had a tattoo with a guy that liked MMA and graffiti. Made the experience so much better and fun but the pain was still there. Haha.

My most painful tattoos were my grandmother's names on each of my ankles. Cried throughout the whole 20 minutes since it's a boney area. For me, it was much more painful than my full colored pieces.

I don't know if it was cause it was my last tattoo but the worst pain for me was might thigh just cause I did 8 hours and there was a ton of straight black fills that were done on the back of my leg. I can't imagine getting my ankles done. I don't get how people do leg sleeves.

just submitted my request for an appointment with Jun Cha and Noah Minuskin. prefer Jun but will settle for Noah if I cant schedule with him. Anybody ever get inked by any of those guys??

can anyone describe the type of pain you feel when tattooing an area with bone such as the elbow?

death. i thought he was going in on the center of my elbow but he was barely on the sides of the elbow. BUT, we used color on my elbow so he had to pack the ink more.

can anyone describe the type of pain you feel when tattooing an area with bone such as the elbow?

They're tougher spots to sit through because the tattoo's going on a harder surface area than flesh, but it's probably not as bad as you're dreading it to be.

The artist might spend more time on it than other body parts to pack the ink in there, but after the initial wave it'll eventually feel more dull and repetitive as opposed to sharp and piercing.

Little chest rocker done couple years back by Orks from under the gun ink in LA. I was told the “everyday“ was supposed to be separate (every day). Oh well. Did it because I used to be part of a crew. Probably won’t get anymore tattoos. Getting older.

Last edited:
That mtv show “how far is tattoo far” is savage as hell. They’re family and friends but then decide to give each other the most awful tattoos.

Need some artistic suggestions/recommendations for finishing my sleeve. I’ve totally drawn a blank on what I should fill the back of my forearm with. I had an idea but my artist said it doesn’t really tie in with the rest of my work on that arm.

From my shoulder to elbow is a large Phoenix...what would tie in well with that?

-Preciate it.

Attachments

• 2E645C60-A22D-425A-AC4D-E46C89915A10.jpeg
    2E645C60-A22D-425A-AC4D-E46C89915A10.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 362
Need some artistic suggestions/recommendations for finishing my sleeve. I’ve totally drawn a blank on what I should fill the back of my forearm with. I had an idea but my artist said it doesn’t really tie in with the rest of my work on that arm.

From my shoulder to elbow is a large Phoenix...what would tie in well with that?

-Preciate it.
What about just adding more the phoenix? Like continue with the feathers going down to the back of the forearm.

Ore keep it asian and add a foo dog, Hannya mask, etc. I saw these below for some examples.

Cool-Phoenix-Bird-Tattoo-Full-Arm-Sleeve.jpg

011b18c6bd2874116c6a9ac088c8c42d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom