[| -- Official The Clipse Til The Casket Drops Album Thread: Tuesday December 8th -- |]

After I read everyones review I expected this album to be str8 trash, but I'm feeling it aside from maybe 2 tracks. Definitely like it better than HHNF

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Pharrell can play the piano as well.

No he can't.
laugh.gif
(yes I was in the studio).

No but real talk, if you actually are curious to see how Pharrell and Chad produce, watch The Making of Justin Timberlake's Justified album. Chad usually cleans up P's dirty work. Those DVD's really explain a lot of the duo's production work.

http://www.youtube.com/v/mkWocOIBs48?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/mkWocOIBs48?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

People mostly complain that Pharrell's beats never sound complete. "Last Night" sounded so dry until Chad added the live drums to it and made itsound 1000000x better. Chad's just more of a musician and a sound designer. P is more of the conceptual thinker.

I always thought of P as the brain and Chad as the musical brawn
I wish he woulda utilized him for In My Mind, coulda been greatness.
Most of the beats sound "empty"

Originally Posted by awwsome

I dont understand how yall didnt like "in My mind' That album was crack as far as im concerned. I could care less about Chad not being onTracks like "Stay with me" or "Take it Off"
pimp.gif

but yeah The neptunes do sound better together Chad's solo work is appreciated but trust me when I say that not all of his work is epic I know its hard forsome of you NTers to accept that
laugh.gif

The NEPTUNES are the best production DUO/TEAM ever. /argument

\V/
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

P.S.: Did P really produce TTCD by himself (other than the Khalil & SC&LV beats)? Because I swear I hear Chad on some of these beats...
nerd.gif

If not, P made straight FIRE for the Brothers Thornton on back to back albums.
pimp.gif
Too bad the brothers didn't come as hard this time. *PAUSE*

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

So chad wasn;t credited for anything on this album?

In the album's liner notes, Chad is not credited. It's still possible he may have worked on something though.

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by awwsome

I dont understand how yall didnt like "in My mind' That album was crack as far as im concerned. I could care less about Chad not being on Tracks like "Stay with me" or "Take it Off"
pimp.gif

but yeah The neptunes do sound better together Chad's solo work is appreciated but trust me when I say that not all of his work is epic I know its hard for some of you NTers to accept that
laugh.gif
Na man, I love In My Mind, it just could have been one of the best albums ever if chad was involved IMO

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Pharrell can play the piano as well.

No he can't.
laugh.gif
(yes I was in the studio).

No but real talk, if you actually are curious to see how Pharrell and Chad produce, watch The Making of Justin Timberlake's Justified album. Chad usually cleans up P's dirty work. Those DVD's really explain a lot of the duo's production work.

http://www.youtube.com/v/mkWocOIBs48?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/mkWocOIBs48?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

People mostly complain that Pharrell's beats never sound complete. "Last Night" sounded so dry until Chad added the live drums to it and made it sound 1000000x better. Chad's just more of a musician and a sound designer. P is more of the conceptual thinker.

thats what i was referring to Pharrell was playing the Piano in one of those Justified vids with Justin then Chad came and murdered it last.. Chad is justbetter don't say P cant play at all

Held out
pimp.gif
...still aint listen yet...
Gonna be copping tomorrow right after my 11 0 clock class...
Can't wait

Back
Top Bottom