OFFICIAL THREAD: Nike Zoom Crusader

Anybody know if the USA version is exactly identical to the versions released overseas? In particular the sole? ( i know, for example, that Kobe 8s overseas had XDR different from the US editions)

Thinkin bout getting a pair on eBay is why I'm asking

Anybody know if the USA version is exactly identical to the versions released overseas? In particular the sole? ( i know, for example, that Kobe 8s overseas had XDR different from the US editions)

I'm wondering this as well.  In pictures, the outsole really looks to be no different between the eBay pairs with XDR tags and the US release pair that I have.  Tough to say if there is much of a difference, if any at all

I'm wondering this as well.  In pictures, the outsole really looks to be no different between the eBay pairs with XDR tags and the US release pair that I have.  Tough to say if there is much of a difference, if any at all

Agreed visually they look more or less similar, only way to tell would be to touch and feel both out soles (US vs China XDR) to see if one is more durable than the other. If anything the US version doesn't look too bad, i'm sure it would hold up outdoors just fine. 

^Thanks for the pics.  I swear the outsole on my US pair looks no different...  it feels pretty firm too, definitely not soft like a lot of traction patterns on performance models these days

Agreed with @bweezy  .  I will probably end up taking my US pair outdoors when that season comes around here in frigid MN...

thanks guys. I tend to play indoors more often actually, is there any drawback to having XDR in this case? What is the trade off / disadvantage of XDR?

brrraaaaiiinnnsssss
laugh.gif

thanks guys. I tend to play indoors more often actually, is there any drawback to having XDR in this case? What is the trade off / disadvantage of XDR?
It really depends on the pattern and thickness of the specific xdr outsole that you have.  Some work better than others indoors.

It isn't that XDR will not work indoors, it just might not grab the floor quite as well as a softer rubber.

This review may have done it for me, would have liked to see these in person first but there's still no word or any updated news on these showing up in stores. May order these online in my TTS and half size down to see how they fit. 

This review may have done it for me, would have liked to see these in person first but there's still no word or any updated news on these showing up in stores. May order these online in my TTS and half size down to see how they fit. 

Last edited:
Everything sounding good from what I'm hearing. Glad to hear traction isn't a problem. I had the same issue with the EM on the 8s and it was a huge turn off to me. I legit feel like I lost support when going for rebounds on the paint and had no confidence playing in them after that.

I'm going to have to have these, just like I did the Revs.

Can you elaborate on the support being lost? Like when you land your mid foot hurts?

No, more like my foot was just floating around in the shoe and not being locked down. I felt like if I began to roll at all the upper wouldn't do anything for me. Maybe if the EM had a dynamic flywire it would of helped but the stretching really caused problems for me in the forefoot.

Appreciate all the feedback and replies from everyone. I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one interested in the shoes. Just saw these are available through Academy Sports and Outdoors too. Idk if someone has tried going there or will attempt to visit to see if they are available in person. More I'm thinking, I will order the black/metallic silver colorway. Just falling more and more for these kicks and actually dying to play in them/lows.

I'm gonna check ****'s Sporting Goods tomorrow to see if they have them in stores or are getting them since they're on their site for purchase.

they should have them eventually...they're pretty good at stocking the lower-tier nike basketball shoes. Copped my hyperdunks and hyperfuse from them and that was a size 14.

Just got mine in today and took them in for a test spin.

So far...
NIke is SO close to getting these right. No pinch points, no discomfort, the tabs don't rub on your ankle/achilles, you're able to feel the zoom air, and the fit is as good as advertised.

SO WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE THE TRACTION PATTERN A MAZE FIT FOR THE KIDS MENU AT OLIVE GARDEN!?

It goes beyond that -- what's the deal with the "negative" version of said maze going around the edges of the sole? Not only does the extra rubber add unnecessary weight, but it does absolutely nothing to help with traction. The sole as a whole is awfully flat, and the patten doesn't lend itself to exception flexing.

I'm only griping because I'm a stickler about traction (love me some Soldier 6s), and the shoe is well worth the $110 it retails for. I'm confident the traction will break in as I wear them more, and I'll be one happy camper.

Maybe people can try walking/shooting on concrete and then wipe them down with a rag or something. May try this with my KDs.

No, more like my foot was just floating around in the shoe and not being locked down. I felt like if I began to roll at all the upper wouldn't do anything for me. Maybe if the EM had a dynamic flywire it would of helped but the stretching really caused problems for me in the forefoot.
Yeah I never got to try a pair of 8 elites to see if that flywire addition really made a difference

Back
Top Bottom