OFFICIAL THREAD: Nike Zoom Crusader

Sorry, no pic, but I was at the Wolves game last night and noticed Travis Outlaw had a Purple/Grey pair of these on for Sacramento.  Looked clean 
smokin.gif

Alright, so after wearing them for about an hour:

- very true to size in length

- quite narrow midfoot, opens up a bit at the toe box

- you really have to shove your foot in to lace up, the inner bootie is half the shoe (but quite comfy, no hotspots)

- pretty stiff outsole, definitely has an outdoor-court feel to it

- cushioning is really good, not plush, but supportive

- aesthetically pleasing if a bit neutral, even the black mesh shows the "brain" design in the light

- VERY low. It doesn't look it, but lower than kobe 8s.

Other than being a tad tight (which I'm sure will break in), the worst aspect of the shoe is the "phantom" heel lockdown. I was wearing some jordan dri-fit quarter socks. My heel was NOT actually slipping out of the shoe, even with sprints and cuts...but it felt like it was. There are two protruding pieces of foam in the bootie meant to secure the heel, but because these are so low you can feel them about halfway up the heel. It doesn't even reach the achilles, which felt weird because that's what I'm used to.

Last edited:
overall just inferior to the Kobes. Although with time I like the cushioning in these better than the lunarlon. In terms of overall "feel" I would compare these to the KB 7s, just more comfortable.

Just wore a kobe 7 on one foot and a crusader on the other...fit is similar, heel lockdown feels better on the 7s but overall the crusader is more comfortable. But that's just in terms of Kobe shoes. This shoe is pretty unique.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom