Official TMNT thread, return of the classic giant figures

Then the last wave, featuring Casey Jones, Slash, Foot Soldier and Shredder w/ Krang will arrive in stores by October 2009.
Of course, the biggest question in TMNT Playmates Toys Fans is, will there be more figures??? The answer is... no, unfortunately, but Playmates will also be releasing the original Turtles Party Van in the Fall, so there's still plenty to look forward to this year.

http://www.actionfigurecollectors.com/articles/playmates_tmnt25thanniv_may09.php

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'm waiting to complete the toy set, so that I can open them, go to michael's a get a small custom display case.
pimp.gif

I saw season 7 at Ralphs for $6.99, should have copped same day. SMH. I went back, it was gone.

Pics?/ link?

just want to keep this thread alive.
i am sure this has been asked, but i hate to ask.

but the movie that is going to be coming out in 2011 (correct me if im wrong). i know its going to be more dark and based on the comic which is great with me,but i was wondering, and hoping, its going to be live action like in the original TMNT movies, not a cartoon right?

and anybody have any info on the comics, i might try to pick up a collection maybe on eBay on something.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

"I can say that at this point there are a lot of positive feelings about a 'Batman Begins'-style 'reboot,' which would, of necessity, include a retelling of the Turtles' origin story," Laird told MTV News of early plot discussions regarding the film. "Having said that, I would also be into an all-new story, if it was decided that that was a more desirable direction. Either way is fine with me, to be honest!"

Laird went so far as to share some specific story points that TMNT fans hold near and dear to their hearts as potential elements in the upcoming film.

"Simply telling the story of what happened in the first issue of the 'TMNT' comic book would be a pretty short movie, so I suspect other things from the Turtles' history in the comics might be brought into it," continued Laird. "I would not be unhappy to somehow see the tale of Baxter Stockman and the robotic 'mousers' folded into this movie, as well as some elements possibly setting up the TCRI connection for a possible sixth (or seventh) movie. But I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself there."

As for other characters we're likely to see in the film, the "Ninja Turtles" co-creator said the villainous Shredder would be a necessity for any TMNT origin story, and also mentioned that both intrepid reporter April O'Neil and vigilante Casey Jones came up during recent creative discussions.

Finally, Laird also offered a few more details regarding the way in which the live-action filming and computer-generated effects will blend to bring the Turtles to the screen in the upcoming film.

"The basic idea, as I understand it, is to do an all live action shoot, with actors and stuntmen in full Turtle suits," said Laird. "To add expressiveness to the Turtles' faces which would be difficult if not impossible to get with animatronics and/or puppetry, there would be 'face replacement,' with CGI Turtle faces superimposed on the live action performers' heads."

"This technology has been proven to be incredibly effective if done correctly," added Laird. "Look at the character of Davey Jones in the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movies, with his mass of writhing tentacles… an incredible effect."
quoted for Scarface2k1's question

kudos man... not letting this thread die for the win
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

and anybody have any info on the comics, i might try to pick up a collection maybe on eBay on something.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

TMNT Collected Book Volume One

Available for pre-order in Diamond Comic Distributors' May catalog, "Previews" V19 #248

Ship Date: July 14, 2009

Format: 544 B&W pages, full color cover, soft cover trade paperback

Retail Price: $29.95

Cover art by Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird; script and art by Eastman and Laird

Mirage Studios proudly celebrates its 25th anniversary by reprinting the classic first eleven issues of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" along with the four TMNT micro-series by TMNT creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird! Over 540 pages of martial arts action as only the two masterminds of mutant mayhem could depict! An ideal opportunity to relive the glorious days of the Turtles' origins as well as an excellent place for the uninitiated to see where the TMNT phenomena began!

TMNT: SMASH UP - Again, a franchise that's lured me in. It's just like playing Smash Bros, just a little slower maybe. Shredder, Splinter, and April were playable. When you're playing as all turtles, it can be confusing. We're so used to distinguishing them by the colors of their headbands. Leonardo's blue, Raphael's red, etc. But say you're player 1, the indicator pointing to your character is always going to be BLUE, even if you pick Michaelangelo for example. When the turtles are far apart from each other, it's easy to think, you're looking for ORANGE, because you're Michaelangelo. But no, orange is player 4. A little confusing and probably even more confusing for me to explain it.

The 25th Anniversary of everyone's favorite martial arts master Turtles continues with the first-time ever DVD release of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 8 from the classic TV series. Grab some pizza and watch as Leonardo[emoji]8482[/emoji], Michelangelo[emoji]8482[/emoji], Raphael[emoji]8482[/emoji] and Donatello[emoji]8482[/emoji] take adventure to the max in these eight shredding episodes from the classic TV series. Lionsgate Home Entertainment is offering the DVD as part of a year-long shell-ebration for the heroes-in-a-half-shell just after the franchise announced plans to release a live-action film set to debut in 2011. The DVD is packaged in a neon O-card and is competitively priced for fans of all ages!

Break out of your shell with the Complete Season 8 in these ninja powered adventures! The Green Machine is back with heart-pounding, pizza-munching, right-outta-the-sewer ninja action! The gang's all here - Michelangelo[emoji]8482[/emoji], Leonardo[emoji]8482[/emoji], Raphael[emoji]8482[/emoji], and Donatello[emoji]8482[/emoji] - and their wise sensei, Splinter, as they battle enemies from our time, and beyond, to protect the citizens of the city they call home, even banishing archenemies, Shredder[emoji]8482[/emoji] and Krang[emoji]8482[/emoji], to Dimension X[emoji]8482[/emoji]. Discover the intriguing, darker atmosphere and new theme song that defined this groundbreaking season. These eight dynamic adventures will get your pulse pumping with mutant power!

Back
Top Bottom