Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Haha not sure if you were talking about me but I did say the Bulls are one of the MOST inconsistent teams. I'm a Bulls fan so this series is a bit of a surprise. I watched them all year and these last two playoff games are a bit of an outlier. They tend to show up for a few games then lay a huge egg the next night. The last regular season game against the Celtics they got blown out on the road 100-80.

The series is still far from over though. I still think Stevens is a great coach, Hoiberg sucks large hairy balls. Celtics are just getting destroyed on the glass which is the Bulls strength. Rondo is playing like 08 Rondo and Wade brings a lot of experience. My guy Jimmy is doing his thing though. If they move on they meet Washington which is a terrible matchup.
can't agree more. Not a big fan of the bulls, but they have been quite inconsistent throughout the year. They won some big games and lost to teams like nets or 76ers. Hoiberg is overrated, I don't know what he was doing in college/U. Thibodeau was a lot better but he pushed his players too hard lmao.

If Rondo/Mirotic experiment works I think the second round could last for 7 games but Washington will still advance. 

Didnt Neons just retro last year or the year before with the OG box?

NA WC3's would be nice. Doubled up on the 2011 Jumpman ones thinking those wouldnt come out for a while...but nope JB drops the NA version in limited quantities too. Jerks.
yea, i had to grab those and i grabbed then a few years before that when they dropped in Japan.  I love those shoes and wear them all the time so doesn't hurt to gobble them up at retail when they retro again.  I did the same with the WC3 from 2011.  still have one pair on ice and then i got the NA version a few years later through a trade but again those two shoes i wear year round so they wear down quick.

Haha not sure if you were talking about me but I did say the Bulls are one of the MOST inconsistent teams. I'm a Bulls fan so this series is a bit of a surprise. I watched them all year and these last two playoff games are a bit of an outlier. They tend to show up for a few games then lay a huge egg the next night. The last regular season game against the Celtics they got blown out on the road 100-80.

The series is still far from over though. I still think Stevens is a great coach, Hoiberg sucks large hairy balls. Celtics are just getting destroyed on the glass which is the Bulls strength. Rondo is playing like 08 Rondo and Wade brings a lot of experience. My guy Jimmy is doing his thing though. If they move on they meet Washington which is a terrible matchup.
couldn't agree more.  I'm a Bulls fan too and i'm pretty surprised w how the series has gone so far.

Regardless of the Celtics/Bulls, the Raptors are still looking very mediocre (borderline garbage). I didn't underestimate Milwaukee going into the series but always felt the Raptors have a more well rounded/complete team. These first two games have been horrible with how they've played. Shots were falling better last night but their defense was horrendous and they didn't take care of the ball. 13 turnovers isn't the worst we've ever seen but Bucks pretty much scored on all those turnovers. Every time the Raptors built a small lead, they blew is literally right after. We'll see what happens in Milwaukee but I feel that most Raps fans are walking on egg shells now. Both Celtics and Raptors are looking like pretenders.

raps are playing like they normally play in the playoffs.  team looks deep on paper but at the end of the day if the coaching isn't there and we don't adjust it won't matter.

last year we did well but we played so hard in every series and literally played down for the most part if i remember correctly.

raptors have never been too legit. they don't coast through teams in the regular season like the great teams do. The teams that usually sweep have the ability to get 60 wins, the raptors cannot get 60 wins

raps are playing like they normally play in the playoffs.  team looks deep on paper but at the end of the day if the coaching isn't there and we don't adjust it won't matter.

last year we did well but we played so hard in every series and literally played down for the most part if i remember correctly.
The repetitive nature of this Raptors team really pisses the fan base the eff off too. You can joke and call it the "Game 1 Curse" but this team is the exact same as the Bulls in that they can come out one night and beat a top seed, then blow a 20 point lead and lose to Detroit Pistons.  I can see the complaints about Casey and the only thing he can really be praised for is a decent defensive focus. His offense is lost most times and It could be the nature of the players and team (Kyle and Demar) but the kind of isolation basketball the Raptors play is a cancer in the Playoffs. How many times do they come down the court and force bad shots. Buddy runs the high pick and roll over and over and over and over...

I always try to give the benefit of the doubt but both Lowry and Derozan don't have that superstar factor where they just turn it on and are unconcious from the field. Even Giannis has more of that in his game already and he's 22.

^ I agree, Raps offence is pretty bad. And last night they were lucky that the shots were falling as those were bad shots that Demar and Lowry were taking near the end of the 4th.

We built our team around Demar and he is probably one of the best mid-range jump shooters, but our set offence is pretty garbage.

Demarre Carroll is useless
Isnt he the 2nd highest paid player behind Demar? It's rare but its one of Masai's signing busts so far..

The repetitive nature of this Raptors team really pisses the fan base the eff off too. You can joke and call it the "Game 1 Curse" but this team is the exact same as the Bulls in that they can come out one night and beat a top seed, then blow a 20 point lead and lose to Detroit Pistons.  I can see the complaints about Casey and the only thing he can really be praised for is a decent defensive focus. His offense is lost most times and It could be the nature of the players and team (Kyle and Demar) but the kind of isolation basketball the Raptors play is a cancer in the Playoffs. How many times do they come down the court and force bad shots. Buddy runs the high pick and roll over and over and over and over...

I always try to give the benefit of the doubt but both Lowry and Derozan don't have that superstar factor where they just turn it on and are unconcious from the field. Even Giannis has more of that in his game already and he's 22.
I thought they were the opposite of the Bulls actually. Bulls beat top tier teams and then turn around and lose to Philly, Brooklyn, Knicks where the Raptors beat who they are supposed to beat (middle of the pack or garbage teams) but then they cant beat the top tier teams.

I dont get why they went away from throwing the ball into the post to JV. Dude was manhandling Thon Maker and Giannis the first few minutes of the game. I thought Giannis was gonna run into foul trouble having to guard JV. But I agree, the pick and roll ISO offence kills the flow of the game and is too predictable. The offense gets too stagnant.

How many times did we double up on Dellavedova, which led to an easy dunk? Demar needs to man up and play 2 way basketball. If you're that "great" of a player, you don't need help guarding Dellavedova! I'm a big Raptors fan but this on top of the other things mentioned above were killing me yesterday. We definitely should have lost the game yesterday as the Bucks missed 2 key wide open 3s. The momentum was definitely swinging in the last 2 minutes in favour of the Bucks. Definitely stole a W yesterday in my opinion. 

500 for a pair of 1's is A LOT of money. They couldn't even sell these for 79.99 at FTL back in 01 when they retroed then...so to me paying 500 for those is absurd. That's just my opinion though. 

Yup. I got my pair of Bred 1s from the 2009 DMP pack (came with the Celtic 1s) for less than $100! The original pack was already 50% off because they were sitting. Was at the mall and my cousin happened to be working, and since it was employee appreciation day, I got another 50% off. Leather quality is garbage compared to the 2016 release, but for $50, I'm not complaining. They all look the same when they're on foot.

As for the Bred 1 debate/convo, I definitely appreciate all the opinions shared :smile: 

I ended up offloading 2 pairs of shoes (that were just sitting in my collection) to pay for the Breds. No real money was lost, just a re-shuffling of pairs in my collection/rotation. I'll definitely be wearing these shoes so it's better than just having $500 worth of shoes sitting away. Mind you, I rather have $500 sitting in my bank account haha but that's the price we pay as sneakerheads/enthusiasts right? Doesn't matter if it's discounted, retail or resale... we all spend more than we should be on shoes.... it's all relative. 

Some folks fork up that type of money on dining experiences or even playoff tickets. Most of us have DS pairs sitting in our closet or strictly for display purposes. So yeah, at the end of the day, do whatever makes you happy so long as it doesn't hurt anyone....that's just my opinion.

How many times did we double up on Dellavedova, which led to an easy dunk? Demar needs to man up and play 2 way basketball. If you're that "great" of a player, you don't need help guarding Dellavedova! I'm a big Raptors fan but this on top of the other things mentioned above were killing me yesterday. We definitely should have lost the game yesterday as the Bucks missed 2 key wide open 3s. The momentum was definitely swinging in the last 2 minutes in favour of the Bucks. Definitely stole a W yesterday in my opinion. 

That's the truth. I caught myself saying..."here we go fukcing again. Typical Raptors lead blowing". All the Bucks fans are relentlessly trolling and **** talking us about how we barely won that game and got slapped on our own home court. The only way to combat that is to come back in Milwaukee and AT LEAST get 1 out of 2 games. Playoffs are a stressful time for Raps fans.

As for the Bred 1 debate/convo, I definitely appreciate all the opinions shared :smile: 

I ended up offloading 2 pairs of shoes (that were just sitting in my collection) to pay for the Breds. No real money was lost, just a re-shuffling of pairs in my collection/rotation. I'll definitely be wearing these shoes so it's better than just having $500 worth of shoes sitting away. Mind you, I rather have $500 sitting in my bank account haha but that's the price we pay as sneakerheads/enthusiasts right? Doesn't matter if it's discounted, retail or resale... we all spend more than we should be on shoes.... it's all relative. 

Some folks fork up that type of money on dining experiences or even playoff tickets. Most of us have DS pairs sitting in our closet or strictly for display purposes. So yeah, at the end of the day, do whatever makes you happy so long as it doesn't hurt anyone....that's just my opinion.
Well said......it is whatever you want to pay and worth it to you.

At the end of the day - it is your money and have the right to do whatever you want with it.

Some people like $300 steaks and others like sneakers.......it is all good man

Yup. I got my pair of Bred 1s from the 2009 DMP pack (came with the Celtic 1s) for less than $100! The original pack was already 50% off because they were sitting. Was at the mall and my cousin happened to be working, and since it was employee appreciation day, I got another 50% off. Leather quality is garbage compared to the 2016 release, but for $50, I'm not complaining. They all look the same when they're on foot.
i remember seeing the pack at outlets in Vegas back in the day for $100USD but those days are long gone.  TBH, I rock my high strap breds more than my 94s.  Quality aint there but you nailed it man, they all look the same on feet esp once you beat them up w daily wear

Didnt Neons just retro last year or the year before with the OG box?

NA WC3's would be nice. Doubled up on the 2011 Jumpman ones thinking those wouldnt come out for a while...but nope JB drops the NA version in limited quantities too. Jerks.

I think that's my last BIG win from Nike Bloor with their Twitter Reserve 8)

Didn't they move fairly well the first time around?

If you're looking for a pair, XCLU has all sizes but 10.5 and up.

Any foam heads here wanna tell me how the copper foams sold out so quick already online ??
Courtside is supposed to drop them online if pairs remain some time today.

I'm pretty sure if you roll into a store like FA they should have some (call first though).  I would be really surprised if these sold out in stores considering how poorly some of the other foams were sitting.

Any foam heads here wanna tell me how the copper foams sold out so quick already online ??
There's nobody lined up at any of the major Toronto locations from what I could see on my way to work and they didn't openearly @ 8am for FCFS ... hopefully you can just head over for 10am and cop the old fashioned way.

Nike is already charging $305 CAD + taxes so while I think they will eventually sellout (maybe I'm wrong and they sit) ... re-sellers will probably not be copping heavily here if at all, you're just competing against other people in your size here. StockX is selling these for $ 40 USD above retail and with 9% fees + shipping that means the seller isn't making $hit by trying to flip these.

There's nobody lined up at any of the major Toronto locations from what I could see on my way to work and they didn't openearly @ 8am for FCFS ... hopefully you can just head over for 10am and cop the old fashioned way.

Nike is already charging $305 CAD + taxes so while I think they will eventually sellout (maybe I'm wrong and they sit) ... re-sellers will probably not be copping heavily here if at all, you're just competing against other people in your size here. StockX is selling these for $ 40 USD above retail and with 9% fees + shipping that means the seller isn't making $hit by trying to flip these.

Online shops like Nike, exclu and footlocker sold out almost right away.. I wish I had the time but I work lol sucks cause I was high on these and the eggplants coming out,

If anyone wants to trade their size 13 coppers for the metallic red foamposit pros in size 13 shoot me a dm ! Lol

Back
Top Bottom