Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Anyone else picking up the 97s this week?  I'm hoping they wont be crazy limited and will drop at most footlockers.
yep, hopefully

Unfortunately, not too many ftl's are getting them
Do you know which stores are getting them?
Yonge will be for sure, my boy who works there told me. Foot action will be as well. Less than 20 stores in Canada will be getting them, so that means HOH and a couple other locations

Ya most of the comments are spot on/true. The mass appeal of sneakers has gained huge traction. I agree with whoever mentioned that back in the day, those into sneakers were pretty much exclusively Ball players or athletes/jocks. I've played ball my whole life and distinctly remember wanting the Air Flight Turbulence so bad when Damon Stoudamire wore them on the Raptors. Jordans have always been there but I've always been more for the obscure and somewhat different releases. Also loved the Nike Air Bake'em when Tim Hardaway wore them for the Heat. I could even say I was far more of a Penny shoe fan (foamposites) than a majority of Jordans.

These were so ugly too lmao

Man, I was like 10ish when Damon wore those and I wanted them so badly. If those re released I would buy them instantly.

I completely agree with most of what everyone is saying about sneakers. Although, I think there has always been some element of buying athletic shoes for style, but not nearly how it is today. When I was in grade 4 the Jordan XI concord originally released and my friends older brother would carry them around in a bag and the box and use them just for indoor ball. Thinking back, it would actually have been weird to see someone walk around with them on the street.

By the time I was in grade 9, 2000/2001, I had some And 1's I wore mostly walking around not for ball. Lots of people wore those original Nike shox and the Vince carter shox as well for non athletic uses. but it's all changed a lot. I'm just happy to buy a couple of kicks here and there to fulfill some of my nostalgia for 90s basketball. I'm not about to pay insane amounts of money or camp out, or deal with some of the characters lurking at these releases

Last edited:
I'm just going to throw this out there: if any of you miss the 97s, I'm willing to trade a DS pair from the last release in size 9.5 for a DS pair of Royal 1s. I'll add a bit of cash as well.

any chance someone has the jordan 1 chameleon asg in size 9 willing to trade for my 9.5?
I'm not sure if FTL is going to cancel my order or not, but if it does come in, I'll be down to help you out. 
smile.gif

I'm just going to throw this out there: if any of you miss the 97s, I'm willing to trade a DS pair from the last release in size 9.5 for a DS pair of Royal 1s. I'll add a bit of cash as well.
Not having any hope with the JB store in May?

Yonge will be for sure, my boy who works there told me. Foot action will be as well. Less than 20 stores in Canada will be getting them, so that means HOH and a couple other locations
Thanks for the info

By the time I was in grade 9, 2000/2001, I had some And 1's I wore mostly walking around not for ball. Lots of people wore those original Nike shox and the Vince carter shox as well for non athletic uses. but it's all changed a lot. I'm just happy to buy a couple of kicks here and there to fulfill some of my nostalgia for 90s basketball. I'm not about to pay insane amounts of money or camp out, or deal with some of the characters lurking at these releases

Ah I remember those OG VC & running shox. Had those BB4 in the black/silver cw with the blue shox in grade 2 for ball and daily beaters lol.

Also had a couple of FILA Grant Hills that my parents got for me from the prime outlet in Buffalo. Dunno how many OGs remember the fila outlet store there :nerd:

Also had a couple of FILA Grant Hills that my parents got for me from the prime outlet in Buffalo. Dunno how many OGs remember the fila outlet store there
nerd.gif
I remember there was a Fila Store on Queen Street West right across from CityTV, but I think by that time even Fila was already starting to fade.

These days it's funny that the sneaker shops around town really want to be high fashion stores but with a crappy selection. Like Capsule and Haven would carry lame Stone Island items and yet won't bring in the classic cool stuff like the CP Company Goggle Jacket. :iono:

Last edited:
Man, I was like 10ish when Damon wore those and I wanted them so badly. If those re released I would buy them instantly.

I completely agree with most of what everyone is saying about sneakers. Although, I think there has always been some element of buying athletic shoes for style, but not nearly how it is today. When I was in grade 4 the Jordan XI concord originally released and my friends older brother would carry them around in a bag and the box and use them just for indoor ball. Thinking back, it would actually have been weird to see someone walk around with them on the street.

The difference for me at least was I would wear my beaten up Jays to walk outside or play street ball in while keeping my fresher pair to ball indoors.  Nowadays, you're beating the crap out of your performance pair while keeping your casual use pair as clean as possible.

I remember Athlete's World promoting the XVII when it first came out, with the metal case and CD that came with it. First Jordan I ever bought, albeit it was on sale at an outlet in New Jersey lol, $300 back then was insane, still is today.
Back then Min Wage was like $6.40 too.  A shoe being that expensive at the time was unthinkable.  I did end up grabbing a pair of XVII Carolina lows for nostalgia purposes. 

The difference for me at least was I would wear my beaten up Jays to walk outside or play street ball in while keeping my fresher pair to ball indoors.  Nowadays, you're beating the crap out of your performance pair while keeping your casual use pair as clean as possible.

This is the whole truth and nothing but the truth right here. The 2000s after the late 80s/90s era of "1 pair for the whole school year"

Last edited:
This is the whole truth and nothing but the truth right here. The 2000s after the late 80s/90s era of "1 pair for the whole school year"
That's when your parents would tell you to pick the pair you like the most because its gonna last you all school year...

That's when your parents would tell you to pick the pair you like the most because its gonna last you all school year...
Those were the best times cause you needed to be strategic w your selection.  I still remember having to go grab kicks at the flea and eventually Sports Authority at Warden Powercentre.  Those picnic table deals were the best!

Those were the best times cause you needed to be strategic w your selection.  I still remember having to go grab kicks at the flea and eventually Sports Authority at Warden Powercentre.  Those picnic table deals were the best!
Strategic is so true haha

I remember having to choose between the fire red 4's or military blue 4's in 89. Picked the fire reds because of the bulls color blocking and Mike wore them (duh) but then I would see people at school with the Military blues and would kind of regret picking one over the other. But that was okay with me at the time because MJ didnt wear the Militarys on court anyways.

Yes and I was giving my feedback as they are built on the 3.0 silhouette
Yea the Reigning Champ UB are built off the 3.0 silhouette, and I went 0.5 size down on them as I do on all my other 3.0 UB.

Now just waiting for the Adidas.. shipping confirmation..

Does anyone know if the first Reigning Champ x Adidas were 2.0 or 3.0 Ultraboosts silhouette?

Last edited:
That one or 2 pairs you had back then meant the world to you.  It's hard to get that same feeling back when you end up having something like 100 pairs in your collection.

^ Would also buy like 1 - 1.5 sizes bigger than you really were because your parents knew you was still growing and copping another pair mid year wasn't gonna happen 
laugh.gif
same goes with gear, i remember buying hoodies and shirts one to two sizes too big cause i was going to grow into them...  needless to say some of these items are only starting to fit properly now haha

That one or 2 pairs you had back then meant the world to you.  It's hard to get that same feeling back when you end up having something like 100 pairs in your collection.
yea, i remember one pair i didn't appreciate as much but now hunt for like crazy.  If any of you guys remember the black and white Nike Air Barrages, those were crazy

Yea the Reigning Champ UB are built off the 3.0 silhouette, and I went 0.5 size down on them as I do on all my other 3.0 UB.

Now just waiting for the Adidas.. shipping confirmation..

Does anyone know if the first Reigning Champ x Adidas were 2.0 or 3.0 Ultraboosts silhouette?
do you size half down from TTS for the 3.0s? I copped the UB x RC but was only able to get a half size up from my TTS (Got a 10, im a 9.5). 

And the first RC x UB are of 1.0 model. the recently released UB x Haven are 2.0 model.

Back
Top Bottom