OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

Thanks @thapointguy

I didn't think the SC1 would top the CF Drive in any way except for maybe ventilation.  And I personally never had a problem with the ventilation in the CF Drives, even after playing for 2-3 hour spans on top of lifting weights for an hour.  No blisters or anything even close to that.  My feet get sweaty sure, but not to the point where it's uncomfortable or noticeable.

The one issue I did have with the CF Drives is the constant need to wipe the bottoms, which I have to do for every shoe, but very frequently with the Drives.  I hoped the SC1, even if they kept the same overall pattern, would have angled the herringbone so it peaked out into sharper ridges, not like the semi-flat herringbone they used on the Drives and Adidas frequently used in their shoes (and still might today on some models).

@thapointguy  good to hear your impression.  The heel pillows are something I love too.  I feel like there are a lot of models that would benefit from having pillows like that on the ankle area.  

These do sit a little higher than the Drives, but I didn't really notice it -- in fact, I think they just look like they sit higher more than anything because of that lateral foam segment with the 'Charged' logo, the actual midsole sits a bit lower.  I felt like the midsole height difference from heel-to-toe gave them a nice smooth transition.  No stability issues for me.  Wouldn't say better than the Drives, but I was pleased.  

One thing I did notice when I felt under the insole, there doesn't seem to be much of anything in terms of foam under the arch -- seems like you can really feel the shank.  Didn't have any problems while playing, but it's interesting... 

Last edited:
FedEx just dropped the "Homes" color way off to me..really like the GSW blue so I went with those instead of the "Dark Matter" joints..went with my true size (10.5) and they fit perfect..prolly could go up a half size but I'm good with the 10.5

View media item 1406664

deezyvsop2 deezyvsop2 The outsole is pretty much the same. Only difference is the flex grooves are little wider. Yeah no ventilation problem on the CF for me either. The vent holes on the forefoot and medial side of the Curry 1 are much appreciated though.

iks mod iks mod Glad you mentioned the shank. I did experience pain on my arch after coming down on my left foot, it did go away though. Good thing the micro g insole is thick enough to soften the impact. I hope it doesn't become an issue in the long run.

@thapointguy  yeah if it weren't for that micro g insole, I could see it maybe causing problems.  Hopefully not... gonna play in these over the next few weeks so time should tell.

Ordered mine Friday from UA.com supposed to be delivered tomorrow but they are stuck in Baltimore because of this stupid snow storm that the Midwest and northeast has gottem. FML

So my Dark Matters came in, colorway is sick as expected.  Shoe fits sizing down .5, however id really like to get a size 8 as well just to determine if I like that fit better.  There was an 8 earlier online that i just missed out on AGAIN, I'll just have to keep my eye out.

Even debating ordering them in the Homes and if those fit ill just return these All Stars, im convinced you can't go wrong with either colorway.

My Dark Matter pair also came in today.

I hadn't seen any UA basketball shoes in person before. I must say that I was blown away by the look and feel of my pair. I was worried the Dark Matter would just look more like black than it would purple/black/yellow, but I think it actually looks really good. Purple definitely pops out. Not as much as some pictures suggest (flash/edited), but it definitely amazed me.

I ordered TTS before reading comments about the roomy toe box. I actually like the TTS fit. I think if I went .5 size down it would feel too tight in other areas, but would probably be more snug in the toe box. That's not to say that the toe box is just a bunch of space. It's enough space to wiggle/feel my toes, and I really like that it's not so constricting.

I won't have a chance to play in them for a couple days (Thurs or Fri), but I'm really liking the feel so far. It obviously will be broken in but I'm really impressed with the material.

A side note: I ordered the matching High-Vis Yellow laces from the UA website in the same order as my Curry Ones. The shoes apparently shipped on Saturday but the laces haven't even shipped yet. It's a bummer because I really want to see how those laces look (I think it'll add more pop to the colors). I do like the original laces and tip (wish it were easy to take the tips off and put it on new laces).

I'll definitely post a picture when I get the laces in since I haven't seen a picture of it done yet.

All in all, really happy with the look and initial feel of my Dark Matters so far. I can't wait to ball in them!

Swapped the laces (did the same for the CLD). 
Beautiful shoes though. Pictures don't do them justice. 
Would recommend TTS. 

Got pretty lucky too, apparently it was the 2nd last pair on ua.ca and sportschek.ca 
Haven't had any luck finding my buddy one in similar size, so woohoo for having work in the morning and getting on the comp earlier! 

Still thinking about lace swapping home pair, but I can't find PERFECT color matching yellow.

Last edited:

Swapped the laces (did the same for the CLD). 
Beautiful shoes though. Pictures don't do them justice. 
Would recommend TTS. 

Got pretty lucky too, apparently it was the 2nd last pair on ua.ca and sportschek.ca 
Haven't had any luck finding my buddy one in similar size, so woohoo for having work in the morning and getting on the comp earlier! 
Oooh I like it! I definitely think pictures don't do it justice. I can't wait to get my laces in. Thanks for posting it!

thapointguy thapointguy I just felt near the arch under the insole in a pair of my Drives and I feel that same stiffness -- internal midfoot shank piece on those maybe? Didn't cause any issues in that shoe for me so maybe it'll be a non-issue with the Currys too

thapointguy thapointguy I just felt near the arch under the insole in a pair of my Drives and I feel that same stiffness -- internal midfoot shank piece on those maybe? Didn't cause any issues in that shoe for me so maybe it'll be a non-issue with the Currys too

I have not had that problem with the Drive so I don't know why I had that pain on the Curry, might be the way the shank is structured, not sure. I'll have to check for it next time it happens again.

My Hi-Vis Yellow laces are supposed to come in later today. I'll post a picture after I swap them out. Pretty excited!

Sheesh...the more I see real pics of the Homes, the more I want them.  Gotta hold out though and see what lows they cook up for later.

Time SQ or 34th St footlocker in NYC already has the candy reigns out. Forgot which one. Maybe both

Last edited:
I got the laces that ERS showed us, but they only had the 45" joints.
Which turned out fine, since I don't plan on playing in them anytime soon.
The gold doesn't match, but I happen to think it looks fine anyway.
View media item 1408829

I got the laces that ERS showed us, but they only had the 45" joints.
Which turned out fine, since I don't plan on playing in them anytime soon.
The gold doesn't match, but I happen to think it looks fine anyway.

From the picture, can't really tell the gold doesn't match

I picked up the DMs on RD, but yall just keep enticing me with these Home pics.

I think i'll just use the $15 UA gift card to go back and get 'em. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom