Official Uncharted 2 Thread Vol. 24 Perfect Reviews GOTY???

Originally Posted by ManikHispanik

Werd up! Just bought tickets for tonights SF event. I gotta question though, if I didn't play the first Uncharted should I not even waste my time with 2 before playing 1???

I highly recommend playing it first. My guess is that the storylines aren't related but the first game is just THAT GOOD.

Ok for all asking, the games were for last night only and were given to tourney contestants and some VIP(buddies of Sony people, media). We had a good amountleft over, so I'm not sure if they're going to give out again today, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. They might give some to the tourney peopleagain.

I'm at the LA show(which is really in Thousand Oaks, so I'm not sure why they wrote it up like that...). I'll be there again today, so I'll letyou all know what went down.

The Fortune Hunter edition from what I hear is only around 200-300 made. That's a really small number compared to how many people want it worldwide.

I haven't played my personal copy, but I did get to mess around with it before everyone else came in, and I have to say that it is amazing in terms ofgameplay as well as the graphics. The graphics go without saying, but just seeing the polished version in motion is something to behold.

Multiplayer in the snow...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Ok for all asking, the games were for last night only and were given to tourney contestants and some VIP(buddies of Sony people, media). We had a good amount left over, so I'm not sure if they're going to give out again today, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. They might give some to the tourney people again.

I'm at the LA show(which is really in Thousand Oaks, so I'm not sure why they wrote it up like that...). I'll be there again today, so I'll let you all know what went down.

The Fortune Hunter edition from what I hear is only around 200-300 made. That's a really small number compared to how many people want it worldwide.

I haven't played my personal copy, but I did get to mess around with it before everyone else came in, and I have to say that it is amazing in terms of gameplay as well as the graphics. The graphics go without saying, but just seeing the polished version in motion is something to behold.

eek.gif
Aww man! I was getting my hopes up of getting a copy... ah well.

How many people are they letting in each night? Is it small or should I plan on getting there an hour early or something to get a better place in line??

Everyone that has a ticket get in no problem. The crowd is expected to be a lil bigger today, so I would show up a little early. People ended up waiting almostan extra hour yesterday because there was a problem with the internet. Everything is up and running, so things should start on time. I would just show up maybe30 mins early at the most if you want in on the tournament. There's no reserved seating or anything, so you're fine with that.

Everyone that has a ticket get in no problem. The crowd is expected to be a lil bigger today, so I would show up a little early. People ended up waiting almost an extra hour yesterday because there was a problem with the internet. Everything is up and running, so things should start on time. I would just show up maybe 30 mins early at the most if you want in on the tournament. There's no reserved seating or anything, so you're fine with that.
Ah. Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

They shoulda came to NY I woulda camped out for it, it's worth it, I'll be getting the game early.
this but i'm picking up my copy thursday on jamaica ave. so
pimp.gif

oh man
frown.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

oh man
frown.gif
yea it really sucks that they didn't mass produce but thats what makes limited editions limited i guess

Eh.... I'm gonna rent it for sure, not cop.

Cause I remember renting it and couldn't even get past the cursed nazi golum tribe with unlimited Mofo's running after you slashing half of your lifeaway in seconds. and you having to get head shots to save your ammo.

Nah no more crap like that naughty dog, you ain't ganking me out of my recession money.

Can't wait
pimp.gif
Getting this next week with the buy 2 get 1 free Toys RUs deal

Ok for all asking, the games were for last night only and were given to tourney contestants and some VIP(buddies of Sony people, media). We had a good amount left over, so I'm not sure if they're going to give out again today, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. They might give some to the tourney people again.

I'm at the LA show(which is really in Thousand Oaks, so I'm not sure why they wrote it up like that...). I'll be there again today, so I'll let you all know what went down.

I haven't played my personal copy, but I did get to mess around with it before everyone else came in, and I have to say that it is amazing in terms of gameplay as well as the graphics. The graphics go without saying, but just seeing the polished version in motion is something to behold.

eek.gif
Well, I am glad to say you were wrong about the game being only for the first day!!! Amy Hennig was there (she gave some narration for some of thesingle player gameplay they demoed) and the MC said she had a special announcement. So she gets up there and says basically that we're going home with acopy of the game!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
happy.gif

Overall it was an awesome event! My team (team Marco) got to the third round of the multiplayer tourney 'till we got our butts handed to us in Gold Rush. Isucked hard. During the first round my camera and aiming controls were inverted, so I ended up dying while fighting with the controls.
laugh.gif
The winning team (team Iron) had three or four kids who were obviously friendsand had played the game before (they had team coordination down and everything).

I wanted to win a copy of the soundtrack in the raffle, but didn't get lucky there either. Ah well, at least I got the game!
happy.gif

EDIT: just deleted what I thought Amy Hennig said, as I was TOTALLY and COMPLETELY off based on the YouTube vid MarTdiZzle posted!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

One day Calgary will host an event like this. And I won't have to be this jealous ever again.
laugh.gif
yea this is the reason why I hate living in MD

One day Calgary will host an event like this. And I won't have to be this jealous ever again.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

laugh.gif

Would it make you feel less jealous if I said that there was no free food (even though they mention food on the announcement thing) and if you wanted it youronly option was the normal overpriced concession food?

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by randyoss

eek.gif
Well, I am glad to say you were wrong about the game being only for the first day!!! Amy Hennig was there (she gave some narration for some of the single player gameplay they demoed) and the MC said she had a special announcement. So she gets up there and says something like "I'm shaking a bit b/c I feel like Oprah. We just talked with Sony about this and we're going to be able to give everyone here a copy of Uncharted 2!" YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
happy.gif

Overall it was an awesome event! My team (team Marco) got to the third round of the multiplayer tourney 'till we got our butts handed to us in Gold Rush. I sucked hard. During the first round my camera and aiming controls were inverted, so I ended up dying while fighting with the controls.
laugh.gif
The winning team (team Iron) had three or four kids who were obviously friends and had played the game before (they had team coordination down and everything).

I wanted to win a copy of the soundtrack in the raffle, but didn't get lucky there either. Ah well, at least I got the game!
happy.gif
Here's the video

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Originally Posted by randyoss

eek.gif
Well, I am glad to say you were wrong about the game being only for the first day!!! Amy Hennig was there (she gave some narration for some of the single player gameplay they demoed) and the MC said she had a special announcement. So she gets up there and says something like "I'm shaking a bit b/c I feel like Oprah. We just talked with Sony about this and we're going to be able to give everyone here a copy of Uncharted 2!" YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
happy.gif

Overall it was an awesome event! My team (team Marco) got to the third round of the multiplayer tourney 'till we got our butts handed to us in Gold Rush. I sucked hard. During the first round my camera and aiming controls were inverted, so I ended up dying while fighting with the controls.
laugh.gif
The winning team (team Iron) had three or four kids who were obviously friends and had played the game before (they had team coordination down and everything).

happy.gif
Here's the video
http://www.youtube.com/v/HhrKSh7Q1Zk&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/HhrKSh7Q1Zk&hl=en&fs=1&
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nice!! I thought about taking a video....but not until I got home!�
laugh.gif

I'm laughing at him saying OMG but I kno for a fact I would have been saying the same thing

Back
Top Bottom