**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Here is the count so far.

KRISPACINLA +2
MICHAELFOO
951GUERO
SOCLUIS90

Is the head count so far. I might get IAMDOPEINBED AND Larry45 to roll as well. Waiting on them to confirm. Guero is coming with you right?

put me down for two.

i know one cat that will be down to go

but i need to convince another homie to go.

Check out Nike's new commercial. 

roll.gif
At Donovan.

That is arguably the best sports commercial of all time. Certainly falls into that category.

But
laugh.gif
@ them including Ronaldinho. Nike must've been MAAAAAD when they learned that he wasn't on the Brazil squad, but they were probably like: "What the hell, include him anyway."

^^^ Ronaldinho should not be excluded from the squad. If any one should it would have to be Robihno. Dude had a horrible season at City. Where is Pato at? Is he excluded also?

a team of Brazilian players left off the WC Roster could win the world cup.

Here are my 7 cuts.

Marshall

Rogers

DMB (puts flame suit on lol)

Sasha

EJ

CHING

Findley

I wish I could cut Borstein also
eyes.gif

No way Beas gets cut.....

I'll wait until after Tuesday's match to name my 7 cuts..

So far,

Findley
Rogers
Sascha
Bornstein

[h3]http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/blog?entryID=5212604&name=drehs_wayne[/h3]
[h3]Players are ready for some friendlies[/h3]
Sunday, May 23, 2010
May 23

14:30

PM ET

by Wayne Drehs

Print Entry

PRINCETON, N.J. -- As the U.S. men's national team wrapped up its weeklong training camp and headed for New England on Sunday afternoon, the feelings of the players could be summed up in two words: exhaustion and happiness.

Exhaustion because the players have been pushed to the limit, with 90-minute practices, running and sprinting drills and daily weight lifting sessions. And happiness because the hard-core, boot camp training sessions are over and it's finally time for games -- be them friendlies or not -- to begin.

"That's enough running," forward Jozy Altidore said. "It's time to play."

[h4]United States team page[/h4]
For more about the U.S. and its chances in South Africa this summer, click here.

Captain Carlos Bocanegra said the soccer has been sloppier than the team would like the past couple of days, but given the physical exhaustion most of the players are wrestling with, it's not a surprise.

"We're trying to get sharp now. We're trying to get our legs back," Bocanegra said. "Today was easy. [Monday] will be relaxing. Hopefully after the game the soccer will start coming back and we'll get sharp. That's what we're looking for."

After Sunday's final training session in Princeton, the team headed to East Hartford, Conn., in preparation for Tuesday night's match against the Czech Republic (7:30 p.m. on ESPN).
[h2]Bocanegra's surgery[/h2]
Bocanegra spoke for the first time Sunday about the surgery he underwent May 5 to surgically repair a sports hernia.

Bocanegra said he thought the injury occurred after he was kicked in the knee in a match for his club team and compensated for the pain in his leg by running differently, causing the hernia.

He said the entire procedure took "15 or 20 minutes" and he walked out of the office and was running three days later. U.S. Soccer officials said Sunday the recovery time for such an injury is two weeks. Bocanegra resumed full training with the USMNT on May 19, exactly two weeks after the surgery.

"It wasn't a big thing to me," he said.

Bocanegra said he is "ready to go" if Bradley calls on him for either Tuesday's match against the Czechs or Saturday's against Turkey in Philadelphia.
[h2]Dealing with "Deuce"[/h2]
Only one American found the back of the net during the last World Cup in 2006, and my how life has changed for Clint Dempsey since then.

Back then, he was a budding young star for the New England Revolution, a confident kid from Texas who was perhaps better known for his rap song, "Don't Tread on Me" than he was for anything he had done on the field in international play.

Now, four years later, he's a husband, a father and one of the most important pieces of the U.S. attack. He earned the bronze ball after scoring three goals in last summer's Confederations Cup. And earlier this month, he became the first American to appear in a European Cup final with his club team, Fulham.

At the same time, Dempsey is also one of the most criticized U.S. players for a perceived lack of intensity and consistency.

Earlier this week, ESPN.com sat down with Dempsey to talk about expectations, critics and his goals for the World Cup. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/blog/_/name/drehs_wayne?cc=5901&ver=us#/sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=5208470">http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/...dth=1000,height=600,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">Take a listen.
listen.png

Cant wait for the game tonight.

I wonder what lineup is RoboBob putting out there?

I want to see Buddle and Herculez start up top together. see what they can do.

Vamos USA!!!!

so.......

do we have a full list on whos going to the espn zone?

and i also want to see what herculez and buddle could do up front.

Back
Top Bottom