Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

I agree, those Facebook comments on the Warriors page are *$@+$*$ annoying. 3/4th of them don't even know what they're talking about.

[h1]Making a Game Out of Beating Expectations[/h1][h6]By PETE THAMEL[/h6][h6]Published: August 19, 2010[/h6]

MADRID — Of all the coaches who overlooked Stephen Curry as a young player, Mike Krzyzewski acknowledges that his missed evaluation may be the most glaring. Curry attended Duke’s basketball camp as a youngster, making Krzyzewski and his staff among the first who labeled Curry as too short, too thin and too one-dimensional.

After a stellar career at Davidson and an impressive rookie season with the Golden State Warriors last season, being an overlooked overachiever has become as intertwined with Curry’s image as the exaggerated follow-through on his jump shot.

Curry’s career of shaming modest expectations appears to apply internationally as well. His shooting touch and diverse game have earned him a prominent role for USA Basketball, which is traveling to Turkey to attempt to win its first world championship since 1994.

Fitting nicely into Curry’s career narrative, his play has hinted at a bigger role than anyone could have anticipated.

“He really has a cerebral game,

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Honestly, I try to not even talk to Warriors fans.
laugh.gif
I was at the gym when these two guys in Warriors gear was talking about Jeremy Lin. Here was there convo as I remembered it:
A: Jeremy Lin doesn't look too bad.
B: Yea, he did pretty well against some good college teams. He dropped like 30 on some legit college teams.
A: No wayyyyyyyy.
B: Yea, his highlight videos are YouTube.
A: No wayyyyyyyy.
B: He's legit.
My complex: S T F U   NOOBS   G T F O.

Just nod your head and keep it moving. That's what I do, well at least try to. I tend to get in a lot of sports arguments when I'm drunk.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Anyways, one of my good friends took a picture with Stephan Curry a couple days ago cause they're both in Spain. What a small world, even though Steph is there for the tourney.
Saw you comment, the girl in the picture is my friend
laugh.gif
...Small world indeed.

What are your thoughts on Curry and Team USA? Do you want him to make the team? I've heard people say that they would rather have him get cut so that he doesn't get hurt and is well rested for the season. I understand that point, but I think it would be great to see a Warrior represent the country. I mean, we haven't even seen a Warrior represented in the All Star game since 1997. To me it's a no-brainer. Your guys' thoughts?

People get hurt running trails in the off season.

I have no problem with Curry making the team. It would be the highest level of basketball he's ever played, IMHO.

It's not about him getting hurt. Curry is putting a lot of miles on his legs. I don't want him fading down the stretch this upcoming season. But the experience he is getting is great for him.

lol speaking of FB i kno this one dude who thinks he is monta ellis one day then stephen curry the next day then jeremy lin the next and what not, always talking bout his basketball class for skyline college.. its comedy though, and hes a bit "slow" so I don't have no problem with it

Ended up getting season tickets when I went for the mini plan
laugh.gif
. When I put the deposit for the mini play they said 5 games. When I get there the Miami plan is 15 games and the Lakers plan is like 10
smh.gif
smh.gif
. So they started at like $600+ for the Lakers plan. I ended up getting 5th row on 205 for like $100 more than a mini plan. Eh, I can't go to school this semester so I have something to do now
ohwell.gif

These the ones I would have had for the miniplan, but I went up to the section right above it.
1zluate.png

[h6]
[/h6]

I've gotten mini-plans the last two years and I'm not sure if I'll end up getting one.

If I do then the Lakers or Miami Plans have the best games

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Down the stretch while we'll have been eliminated from playoff contention for months already?
Don't know about you, but I still want to see good/exciting basketball even when the team is eliminited from playoff contention.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

my FFBALL peeps::

how does THIS sunday, the 22th sound to you? If it works...what time of the day would work best?

Are we doing this???

I gotta know how much to drink/not to drink tonight.

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

my FFBALL peeps::

how does THIS sunday, the 22th sound to you? If it works...what time of the day would work best?

Are we doing this???

I gotta know how much to drink/not to drink tonight.
late afternoon is good for me. i'm unavailable mornings til 2pm cause of school and work

Back
Top Bottom