Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

[h1]Warriors' Stephen Curry named to USA Basketball's team for FIBA World Championship[/h1]
Oakland Tribune wire services

Posted: 08/24/2010 10:55:07 AM PDT

With one exhibition game remaining and just four days out from the tip of the FIBA World Championship for Men, USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo Tuesday announced that Warriors guard Stephen Curry will represent the United States at the 2010 FIBA World Championship.

Joining Curry on the 12-man 2010 USA World Championship Team will be: Chauncey Billups (Denver Nuggets); Tyson Chandler (Dallas Mavericks); Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder); Rudy Gay (Memphis Grizzlies); Eric Gordon (Los Angeles Clippers); Danny Granger (Indiana Pacers); Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers); Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves); Lamar Odom (Los Angeles Lakers); Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls); and Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder).

The 2010-12 USA National Team coaching staff is led by Duke University's Hall of Fame coach Mike Krzyzewski, and features as USA assistant coaches Syracuse University's Hall of Fame coach Jim Boeheim, Portland Trail Blazers head coach Nate McMillan and Toronto Raptors head mentor Jay Triano.

Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo withdrew from the team Tuesday, which finalized the roster.

"Rajon (Rondo) came to us and said he was going to withdraw from the team, that he had some family matters to attend to and some things to take care of before the NBA season. He did an outstanding job during our training, we appreciate the effort and commitment he made to our program and he completely has our support," said Colangelo.

Advertisement

The USA World Championship Team will complete their exhibition tour facing Greece in Athens on Wednesday (9 a.m. PDT). The U.S. will then travel to Istanbul on Thursday and train prior to starting the World Championship.

The 12 members of the USA World Championship Team, by the end of the FIBA World Championship (Sept. 12), average out to be 24.66 years old. The roster features six players 22 years old or younger - four players who are just 21 years old (Durant, Rose, Gordon, Westbrook) and two who are 22 years old (Curry, Love). The oldest player on the USA roster is Chauncey Billups, who is 33 years old.

By comparison, the 2006 team averaged 24.58 years of age; 26.16 in 2002; 27.83 (NBA lockout year) in 1998; 26.33 in 1994 and in 1990, the last team consisting of collegians, was 20.08 years old.

The 2010 USA World Championship squad averages 5.0 seasons of NBA experience, with one player having one season (Curry), four players (Gordon, Love, Rose, Westbrook) possessing two seasons, one with three (Durant), one (Gay) with four, one with five (Granger), one with six (Iguodala), one with nine (Chandler), one with 11 (Odom) and one with 13 seasons (Billups).

in and out>

Curry
pimp.gif

As long as he doesn't get hurt, it's all good. It's not like he's gonna get worn down with all that PT...:snickers

Originally Posted by daprescription

I'm surprised they would open one in Fremont in the same area where there's an IN-N-OUT.
That's the one I went to
laugh.gif
, since I work in Fremont right now, but yeah it's weird. That In-N-Out in Fremont is one of the best ones I've been to overall.
They're opening up a Five Guys in Sunnyvale too
sick.gif
. Supposed to be open soon.

Curry
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, of course we just gotta hope he doesn't get hurt, but it's neat that a Warrior is getting national exposure.

i do like that the jerseys are different, and really different from all the other teams' in the NBA. It's a bit weird but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Had to say something about ourselves in one of my classes, I told the teacher I was a Warriors fan.
He said Jeremy Lin is suppose to go to his church and he asked if I wanted tickets. I said yes, but doubt it'll happen
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

didn't someone get banned from posting like ur other post andrew?

good job on draft time. wish my other league changed it up but i'm playing with a bunch of east coasters so it's set for 130pm that same day but don't get out til 2.

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

good job on draft time. wish my other league changed it up but i'm playing with a bunch of east coasters so it's set for 130pm that same day but don't get out til 2.

i got suspended 2 weeks for that
eyes.gif

edit it

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

i got suspended 2 weeks for that
eyes.gif

edit it

image-o-matic.x

Nick Collison on the dubs
eek.gif

But seriously, they never get the white guys' faces correct.

Good looking out Menance and GSW.

to those of you in my fantasy basketball keeper league:

the league has been renewed! please sign up asap if you plan on returning. and please let me know the 5 keepers you wish to select. PM or email me so i won't lose them

let'sssss gooooooo
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

the league has been renewed! please sign up asap if you plan on returning. and please let me know the 5 keepers you wish to select. PM or email me so i won't lose them

let'sssss gooooooo
pimp.gif
Will do.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

let'sssss gooooooo
pimp.gif
how do i view my old team again?

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Yea, I'm familiar with the process, but you guys are redrafting the leftovers. Am I correct?
yep. 5 kept, new draft is everyone not kept + FA pool.

Carmelo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Get it done Riley!!!

We'd definitely be trading Monta+Beans, the only problem is that we'd probably have to start Gadzuric at center unless Lee moves over. But then again, even now, we might have to start Gadzuric unless Lee moves over.

Back
Top Bottom