Official Who's Your favorite Player Thread And Why Thread

I've got more than a few
laugh.gif

Weaver_5-24-09.jpg

Both of em.

Jeff since he first came to LA. He's not an ace, he won't be the top story on your sportscast or first segment on your talk radio show. He goes out there, he's gritty, and gets the job done. Always has during his stints here in LA.

Jered, because I saw him kill here in Long Beach every Friday night with "Dreamweaver" blaring through the PA system as he'd warm up. Wish he dropped down for the Dodgers to pick him, but he's still local enough to cheer for. That and he stays local, I see him all the time at Legends having a beer with CSULB's finest
smokin.gif

I remember, as PMAC does, following our  when they were all in the minors. Billingsley, Kemp, Broxton, Ketchner, Martin, Broxton, Abercrombie etc. Loney was always a personal favorite as i'd read all the MiLB squads news about our guys. I got to see his ML debut opening night, the nastiest rainiest game ever in my life. Ended at like 1 or 2am
laugh.gif

too many favorites in basketball (baron, jwilliams, nash) and football (rice, steve young).

but in terms of other sports, i immediately thought of two folks who i enjoyed watching growing up

first is Andre Agassi.  I mean even with a disgusting faux-mullet, dude had so much confidence on the court -how many times can a person run from the front court, chase a ball down and smash a return between the legs without even looking?? Hated watching Pete Sampras defeat Agassi time and time again, though.

andre-agassi-250.jpg

and plus these
81399262.jpg

as for another sport favorite, i'd say

jose_canseco.jpg

i don't care much about his off the field antics (although spousal abuse aint cool) and steroid scandal, Canseco was that dude when he was donning the green and gold jersey.  this guy made me love watching the A's.  If only the A's had a new version of the Bash Brothers.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

last warrior all-star
smh.gif
Damn I wish we had more players nowadays with the heart and edge Spree had. Imagine if Vince had that.

Kobe-Bryant-81-Points.jpg

been a fan since day one and it will continue to be that way... Kevin Durant is actually my favorite player but I'll wait to let yall know more about him in the upcoming future

kobe-bryant1.jpg

Will to win unparalleled. Brings something new to his game every year. Wears purple and gold. 

All-time

magic_johnson.jpg

Poetry in motion on the basketball court. The ultimate PG combining skill with flash and tenacity. GOAT in my opinion.

percy-harvin-p1.jpg

The REAL playmaker when he was here at UF. Only one word needed to describe him: EXPLOSIVE

All-Time:

peyton-manning.jpg

No description needed except that he's simply the best 
pimp.gif

josh-cribbs.jpg

By far the best player ont eh browns because of his hustle and ability to do everything...the one player who makes it exciting to sit on a coach for 3 hours every sunday while your team sucks for 10+ years
laugh.gif

asdrubal-cabrera.jpg

not the greatest player but def exciting to watch at times
pimp.gif

mike-hart.jpg

or
howard.jpg

just cause of the swag and shear numbers they put up
pimp.gif

and my favorite athlete of all time

Brotha Redzzzz
delontewests-hair.jpg

Spoiler [+]
lebron-mom.jpg

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

current:
ap081111037289-4618165.jpg

cause hes on my team

patrick-willis.jpg

cause hes on my team

all-time:
johnson.jpg

cause he made my team legendary

Jerry-Rice.jpg

cause he made my team legendary

All-time:

12436772740big.jpg

And I always had a soft spot for Bernie Williams, even over Jeter or Mo he was probably my favorite Yankee during that time.  It was probably because everyone loved Jeter and I went against the grain, but Bernie was the man
bernie_williams.jpg

Current - Lebron is probably the clear cut favorite, but there's no one I really love/root for over others.

Because he plays for my favorite team, because he's classy, because he's small not flashy but will make you look stupid on the field!

Because he's a classy Dodger and clutch when needed!

Kobe Bryant need I say more?

nnamdi-3.jpg

Amazing CB, IMO the best right now but I'm sure most would side with Revis on that debate. Great attitude, always been a true Raider, and extremely down to earth.

display_image.jpg

There's a reason why so many NT'ers are posting Kobe, aside from the large Lakers fan population on here
laugh.gif
. He's an assassin on the court and it's just been amazing to watch him play, especially for my team.

Eddie Jones is the reason why I'm a Lakers fan. Growing up in the 90's, it was all about Jordan. I remember I watched one Lakers game and Eddie Jones immediately became my favorite player and that's how I became a Lakers fan basically.

ken-griffey-jr.jpg

If you didn't like The Kid chances are I didn't like you
laugh.gif

Murray_Check.jpg

Murray is just a bad %@# on the ice, not somebody I would want to *%%% with
laugh.gif

57168953.jpg.23241.0_display_image.jpg

Even though he's terrible now, I was a big Morrison fan when he played for Gonzaga. The moustache, the weirdo personality, I don't know why but I just thought he was dope
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom