:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

You must not know much about futbol AG if you think Mexico only saw 3 opportunities...but anyways

Where do I begin...It was a tale of two halves. Mexico dominated the first half, good ball possession, pretty good movement of the ball. They had about 4 chances not counting the offside. Guille wasn't precise on his headers, Vela looked a bit lost and nervous. Something to make note of was that GIO was a permanent threat. Without him we would've had a serious problem creating chances.

In the 2nd half Parreira must have gave one of those do this for your country, the people type speeches because they came out inspired. Mexico was completely exposed in the back. It was seriously pathetic to watch how easily they were giving up the ball in the midfield and how the long ball and simple passes had our defense in disarray. In the end, the result was just considering what occured in each respective half; although as a Mexico fan I'm pretty disappointed in our defense, lack of concentration in our passes and at times lack of aggressiveness and energy in fighting for the 50-50 balls.

Good game to watch though.

aww85y.jpg

312k3o8.jpg

2vwv3p2.jpg

laugh.gif

I would hardly say Mexico isn't advancing, unless France fires Domenech and brings in Laurent Blanc right in the next 2 hours anything is possible in Group A. Mexico dominated the game up until the goal. A goalkeeping error caused Vela's goal to be offsides. Granted, they were also lucky not to lose on that shot that hit the post.

anyway, ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Considering the all time record of host nations on their opening matches (15-0-5) I'm content getting a point out of this game.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

2j1qwwx.gif
That's how you bring the hammer.  It couldn't have been more perfect.

Great opener.  If mexico doesn't improve their D, they are out for sure.  SA doesn't exactly have the class of Forlan, Cisse, Anelka, Gouvou, etc. up top.

Either way great game.

P.S. I hate Cuauhtémoc Blanco and his hunchbacked ways.

That was offsides... I was heated and hadn't seen the replay when I posted
smile.gif
Im picking Uruguay 1-0.

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by JD214

When is Brazil playing?
nerd.gif
http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html
http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.htmlEntertaining football, but really the Mexicans should have had this.  Great resilience by the hosts though.  

Thanks man, Yea we know it should've been 2-1 but no
eyes.gif
I am getting tired of reading your comments saying you got robbed blah blah blah.  If you want to be real, the score should have been 3/4-1 with S. Africa dominating with those missed goals they had.  Mexico's defense was terrible.  Can't wait til you guys get bounced out so I don't have to read this crap.

haha mexico was robbed...but by the SA keeper when he got an arm/hand on blanco little flick. the refs made the right call on the offsides play.

henry on the bench...it's sad to see him as there. i know he belongs there and all...im just saying

You guys know I am not a a fan of soccer. But I am trying my hardest to get into it. I need to ask. Do you guys like ties? Ties are one of the reasons I dont like soccer. How can you not have a winner? I cant stand it. So you soccer heads......do you like them?

I used to think ties were stupid as well when I first got interested in football, but its a just result. There won't be ties in the elimination rounds obviously, but in the group stages why play until a team scores? The game is over after 90 minutes.

when both teams deserve/played enough for the win, it is best to leave it as a draw imo. that way both teams get a point and not a single team with three. ties go away in the knockout stages though, where there has to be a winner (obviously 
laugh.gif
)

Its not like ties decide the winner of the tournament. In a knockout stage there are no ties. In this group stage there are ties because groups are measured with points. 3 pts for a win and 1 pt for a tie. So ties are just apart of the format of gaining pts to qualify for knockout. I don't understand the problem with that.

Originally Posted by MzD650

You guys know I am not a a fan of soccer. But I am trying my hardest to get into it. I need to ask. Do you guys like ties? Ties are one of the reasons I dont like soccer. How can you not have a winner? I cant stand it. So you soccer heads......do you like them?
Draws aren't necessarily a bad thing.  I've watched games where a good team might concede an early goal (say, due to a mistake in defense), but they spend the rest of the game playing solid, attacking football.  It might result in, say, a 1-1 draw, but it was an entertaining game to watch.  

Watching world cup for the first time, what the hell is that buzzing noise in the stadium ? Horns ?

Back
Top Bottom