OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

2r2c6fr.jpg

much better...needs black socks though

My little review.

Here's a video if you don't wanna read. I did my best -_____ again, sorry if i didn't do enough justice. I was tired and didn't' finish til2am this morning.
frown.gif

Fitting - A lot of people are stating to go a 1/2 size up but you really don't need to. Whatever size you were in the 4s, i recommend youget that same exact size. Don't let the narrow look of the V's get to you. But if you don't got "narrow" feet, then be my guest going a1/2 size up.

Traction - The heartbeat pattern seemed like a joke to me at first but it's most def has one of the best traction out there. The IV hadgreat traction but the V surpasses this. The bottom sole stays locked in place when in transition. The heel cup also keeps your foot from sliding inside theshoe, which was also found in the IV.

Comfortability - the IV gets my vote cause of it's lunar foam. The zoom air can only be felt when there is impact on your foot (running,cutting, jumping, landing etc.) which is awesome. The zoom air bags completely cushions your heel and forefoot much more than the LF (lunar foam). As we allknow, the LF disappeared at a consistent rate, which gave the IV's a life span. The V's however has an "unknown" lifespan, since i'veonly had them for 1 day, but i'm sure it'll be more longer than the IV's.

Responsiveness- ZOOM AIR. ZOOM AIR. ZOOM AIR. Lunar Foam IMO is garbage when it comes to choosing for performance. Right when I laced theseup, they totally made me look down at my feet. The zoom air bags which are placed at the right places (forefoot an heel) cushions your feet with the rightamount.

Flywire or Skinwire?- Honestly, I don't even know where the word "Skinwire" came from (someone enlighten me). It was stated thatthe material used in the V is flywire but 1/2 the weight and material, but there isn't no obvious difference to me. The flywire on the V is placeddifferently on the upper which gives it a more flexible and glove-like feel, as stated by Avar. It works very well since there is more flywire on the shoe.

Weight - Zoom Kobe IV weighs in at 12.6 ounces. Zoom Kobe V weighs in at 10.6. via eastbay.com

Overal when compared to the IV, the V wins the battle. From a performance aspect, I think we'll all be happy with this shoe, cause I am. For casual, not somuch. The IV gets my vote cause LF is great when it comes to walking around malls and what not. So whether you're a guard or a forward or maybe even acenter, the V is totally my first choice when playing ball. With all the speculation on this shoe, pointless posts about how it's a running shoe and"soccer isn't basketball", try it out for yourself. Stop hating cause you don't got it. Don't say the LBJ7 wins this battle this year,cause I honestly think the V owns it. It may not look as good... maybe but it sure is my choice. I'm not even gonna go into depth about that. I'll endthis here, Kobe all the way. I hope I did my part with this post. Sorry for the length and again.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

Originally Posted by kobehead

they better reduce that nikeid price from $165 to $160 like they said they would lol.
Nope still $165. You can add to cart right now.
http://store.nike.com/ind...d-13687/pid-313910/cid-1

gonna shoot them an email asking what's up with that.

edit: done.

so a nike rep shot me back an email saying he couldn't find out the info i was talking about. so right away i got the link and linked him. i'm expecting them to get back to me no later than monday.
but for those of you still wondering about just what i'm talking about, here's the link http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=5941596308&share_id=199247708550&comments=1#s199247708550
if it doesn't load for you, go to the nike basketball page on fb, and look for the entry on dec. 10, 2009 at 6:37pm and you'll know what i'm talking about lol.

so after talking with a nike rep back and forth via email this is what he said:

"The Facebook links were a typo so they are going to be correcting that. The shoes are 165 tocustomize. As for the launches, here are the color ways that are listed for the Kobe V.

001- BLACK/BLACK-DARK GREY-NPTN BL
002- BLACK/WHITE-DEL SOL
003- BLACK/BLACK-DRK GRY-VRSTY PRPL
004- ANTHRACITE/BLACK-SAIL
005- MTLLC SLVR/TM R (LOWER MERION)
006- WOLF GREY/BLACK-DARING RED
031- BLACK/DEEP FOREST-VRSTY MAIZE
071- BLACK/DEL SOL-VARSITY PURPLE
100- WHITE/ORN BLUE-VRSTY PRPL-BLK
101- WHITE/BLACK-VRSTY PURPLE-DL SL
102- WHITE/DL SL-NTRL GRY-VRSTY PRP
103- WHITE/OBSIDIAN-SPORT RED
104- WHITE/BLACK-DEL SOL
161- WHITE/VARSITY RED-BLACK
400- PHOTO BLUE/WHITE-BLACK
500- INK/METALLIC SILVER-BLACK
531- PURPLE/CYBER-WHITE-BLACK currently released on 12/25
600- COMET RED/WHITE-DEL SOL
601- DARING RED/BLACK-WHITE
602- VRSTY CRMSN/UNVRSTY GLD (USC)
700- VRSTY MZ/DP FRST-WHITE (RICE)
701- DL SL/BLCK-MTLLC SLVR-CMT (BL)

No word on the bruce lee color way releasing in the US or not."

that last part has me worried cuz i was completely blinded by how nice the bruce lee's look. didn't even begin to wonder 'hey what if the don'trelease in the states?' this is when hype goes bad, minor panic status
laugh.gif

btw, if that nike rep is reading this: thanks a lot for the info, you were very helpful.

Might be late, but anyone see the Kobe V "makes sense"? A pic is up on KATC.

^ try searching for Nike Basketball.

and as for the list, i'm just wondering which one is the bruce lee cw. it should be like black/varsity maize/red or something right? del sol instead ofvarsity maize? ughh i have to know!

I had order 2 pairs of kobe v chaos on NDC on 2 different accounts and i sign in to 1 and that one was canceled and other says in progress damn i hope theydont cancel the other
grin.gif

Originally Posted by c4

Might be late, but anyone see the Kobe V "makes sense"? A pic is up on KATC.

From another thread

Originally Posted by Steez

Source: http://counterkicks.com / @counterkicks

COUNTERKICKS EXCLUSIVE: Nike Zoom Kobe V "Make Sense" (4 New Colorways)

nike-catalog-2010-kobe-v-make-sense-black-yellow-counterkicks.jpg

nike-catalog-2010-kobe-v-make-sense-white-yellow-counterkicks.jpg

Counter Kicks brings you exclusive images of what's been dubbed online thus far as the "Nike Zoom Kobe V Make Sense" edition. This model is remarkably close in looks to the Nike Zoom Kobe V signature shoe, sharing what looks to be the same basic outsole, tooling, and uppers. The style is so close in fact, that we wonder whether this isn't just an early sample version of the Kobe V. It's been hedged in the past on other websites as a "takedown" Kobe Bryant model. Whatever the case is, we are able to preview 4 new colorways of this Kobe shoe now. Continue reading for more photos.

nike-catalog-2010-kobe-v-make-sense-black-purple-counterkicks.jpg

nike-catalog-2010-kobe-v-make-sense-hornets-counterkicks.jpg

http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/quotetopic/id/212481?page=1

^I saw that yellow/white pair a while back and prayed to god that it wasn't the Kobe V.
laugh.gif

I don't like any of them.

Back
Top Bottom