[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring back the Space Cadet :lol:

If anything this is the reason:

"I've been a Laker since I was born," Farmar said. "I grew up a Laker fan, so regardless of where I am or who I'm playing for, or what I'm doing in life, I'm always going to stay connected to what's going on here [in Los Angeles]."

The team may suck. But LA already fell in love with them five years ago, so they'll still be attached even if the ship is sinking.

And it's always nice to have players who love to be here...

Last edited:
Can it be??? Is it possible that we bring back all of our guys and actually are able to compete, and potentially win???? Dude, real tears will be shed if all of my guys (yea yea yea, if you're not a laker anymore, to hell with you, but once you don that purple/gold again, it's all love) from the championship runs will be back and could, by miracle chance win another??? omgggg. please resign metta for the minimum before he gets signed by someone else and locks up kobe when they play us. omg if we get lamar and he actually turns back into the old lamar 0_0!! then we just need fisher and Radmanivic. if we could get ariza that'd be ill. or shannon.

But at the end of the day...for this to mean anything..for this train to have even an ounce of steam...we...need...Phil.

Metta World Peace ‏@MettaWorldPeace 1h
My news is that My favorite burger spot called "My Favorite Burger" added extra gratuity cost to the vegan burgers.. Worst day ever
Metta World Peace ‏@MettaWorldPeace 56m
They waived the buns because the lettuce put them over the salary cap. I went into the restaurant furious. "No more whole grain buns. What!"
Metta World Peace ‏@MettaWorldPeace 55m
Oh yea. Did I finish telling yal my marching chicken joke?

What's this talk about a reunion when we only signed Farmar?

I mean, and Kaman, but that's obviously not a reunion.

I read talks of Odom, but last I knew, Clipps were still very interested in offering him something, no?

Bringing Farmar back to Kobe&Pau = reunion? Am I missing something? :lol:

So, LA cap guy talkin about Kobe right now.

IF he signed for min next year, LA could sign two max guys at 20 mil each in 2014
Then sign one "max" guy in 2015 at 16 mil, and still be able to re-max Kobe at 19 mil in 2015.

So in a sense, 2 year deal for Kobe at just under 20 mil, however at one year at a time ways, so they can sign 3 max players and work the numbers.

His example was, vet min Kobe, sign Bron and Melo.
Following year sign Marc Gasol, max out Kobe for 1 year.

Just an example, but visually shows you what Jim/Mitch might be up to.

Man.....

:lol: my dude is funny. still laughing at his juicy oranges not being sold at whole foods as his bad news

IF he signed for min next year, LA could sign two max guys at 20 mil each in 2014
Then sign one "max" guy in 2015 at 16 mil, and still be able to re-max Kobe at 19 mil in 2015.

So in a sense, 2 year deal for Kobe at just under 20 mil, however at one year at a time ways, so they can sign 3 max players and work the numbers.

Man.....

if kobe really wants that 6th ring....

If we play Houston on Christmas I'd let sacre get MAD minutes. Put him in and just let him hack and hustle Dwight. Dwight will get tired of it and get quit on the rockets and take the ejection :pimp:

Last edited:
Ya know, Shaq shoots at Dwight, I shrug.
Kareem shoots at Dwight, meh.
Kobe shoots at Dwight, sure.

But when Steve Nash is speaking out on Dwight, I mean.....damn kid. :lol:

Nash out of anybody has more reason to hate being a Laker, hate LA, hate us, etc. And yet he's fully embraced the franchise, and spoken up for us at every turn. We all saw him actually yelling at Dwight during a game, now he's talkin about how Dwight never wanted to be there, and acted accordingly. And Dwight never felt embraced by LA. :lol:

My favorite part was Nash saying that maybe Dwight didn't like the pick and roll in LA cuz he played it so much in Orlando and wanted a chance to play more on the block........so he signed in Houston. :rofl:
Nash a funny guy with that one. Houston is pick and roll city. He'll get post touches, get stripped, and they'll stop doin that and call for more screen and rolls. :lol:

^ ^^ Nash seems like a chill guy

The crazy thing about Dwight he's been using that same "I wanna learn" pitch since he was in Orlando.

I wanna learn from Patrick. Dipped
I wanna learn from Kareem. Never called, dipped.
I wanna learn from Mchale AND Hakeem now :lol:

Man.....

Looking at this against the one I posted last night about us being out from under the luxury tax for 2 seasons, I don't know if these jive together, but it does make the point that by clearing out the roster/cap, we open multiple options again. Rather than vet building after vet building and never having room for youth to come in, or assets to build youth, we can go back to having the ability to sign and trade, absord salary to adds picks, sign key free agents, etc. Things we haven't had for a few years now.

So we can try to keep the luxury tax clear to stay out of the repeater penalties, or we could try this "4 max" thing with Kobe going low, then high while we add 3 additional Max players. Either way, Buss/Mitch will have options available, let's them move around a little easier, which is why some of us have been pointing to 2014 as "the plan" even if it didn't look as promising if we don't land LeBron.

BTW, good point on Cowherd show this morning about no way Bron would want to come HELP Kobe get rings, it keeps him ahead of Bron in terms of total rings. Just as Kobe wants to pass Mike, Bron will want to pass Kobe, so HELPING him get another one would make no sense. If LA truly wanted to show Bron they were serious, they would amnesty Kobe, and let the Laker franchise truly be LeBron's without enhancing Kobe's overall legacy. Interesting way of looking at it, and can't say I disagree. I was just thinking how Wade is sitting on 3 right now, while Bron has 2. Bron can't overcome that without leaving, but if he helps Kobe, it's the same thing. Makes Cleveland and Kyrie look better for him in that regard.

Ya know, Shaq shoots at Dwight, I shrug.
Kareem shoots at Dwight, meh.
Kobe shoots at Dwight, sure.

But when Steve Nash is speaking out on Dwight, I mean.....damn kid. :lol:

Nash out of anybody has more reason to hate being a Laker, hate LA, hate us, etc. And yet he's fully embraced the franchise, and spoken up for us at every turn. We all saw him actually yelling at Dwight during a game, now he's talkin about how Dwight never wanted to be there, and acted accordingly. And Dwight never felt embraced by LA. :lol:

My favorite part was Nash saying that maybe Dwight didn't like the pick and roll in LA cuz he played it so much in Orlando and wanted a chance to play more on the block........so he signed in Houston. :rofl:
Nash a funny guy with that one. Houston is pick and roll city. He'll get post touches, get stripped, and they'll stop doin that and call for more screen and rolls. :lol:

Right. Nash is one of the nicest guys in the league and I've never heard him misspeak or say something he didn't mean to. He's very smart and articulate. If he called out Dwight, he meant it, and Dwight probably deserved to get called out.

And :pimp: @ the prospect of two more max players to pair with Kobe. Hell, let's say Gasol also comes back for another year or two on a discount, I could very easily see us pulling a Spurs and being relevant again in '15/'16 with Kobe and Gasol in their mid-late 30's. Both of them have the talent to do it. Especially if Kobe plays that Magic style game as he ages and facilitates more, or moves more into the post. I'm not gonna say I want Melo cus I don't :lol: but imagine if he could play a role with us like he did in the Olympics where his ball handling is reduced and he's just a spot up shooter. That's about the only way I'd want him on the team, cus he's NICE whenever he plays in the olympics.

I also agree we have no shot at Bron anyways, but especially not if Kobe is still here. And to be honest I would readily admit that Kobe winning a ring with Bron on his team wouldn't mean as much as the ones as when he was the main option, but I'm a Lakers fan, not a Kobe's Legacy fan. So I would give no dambs :lol:

via Kevin Ding

Can't resist sharing the lead to my column about the joke from inside Lakers' offices about Dwight ...

The joke making the rounds within the Lakers' organization after Dwight Howard's departure is that he didn't just head to Houston for promises to play more in the post, escape Kobe Bryant's demands, avoid state income tax and savor a smaller town again.

There were two wholly unreported elements working in critical tandem during the process:

Dwight's baby mamas. And California's sky-high child-support rates.

Howard was never going to make more money by staying, even with that fifth guaranteed year the Lakers were offering!

The fact that the Lakers can laugh – even if the humor is rude – about Howard's departure is a reflection of the relief that many inside the club feel ...

... son :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom