OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

View media item 2242193
The price never truly rises if youve followed the game long enough, it just adjusts with inflation. Moms bought me J's in the 80s, and I sold them as a teen in the 90's....the quality for the most part has been pretty cosistent through the years. Instead of people complaining online about a glue mark, they asked the sales person to grab another pair or they used to push for a little discount off the shoe. Where I worked we usually gave them something off too. But it was many of these shoes initial releases (pre-2000) that built their cult following....and during their initial release I promise you flaws were existent, and the price was about the same when adjusted for inflation. If purchasing this shoe in the 2010 era with its "premium leather" made you a fan, there's a lot more to learn about this game.
I've had my period where I stepped away from J's: buying Y3s, Dunks, Asics during that time. I love those shoes as well.....but a love for J's is forever if it's legit. Never once in my 30 years of owning J's has the leather sold me. I doubt it ever will. I'll buy a ferragamo if I need premium leather.

I think it's funny how sneakerheads change tunes so often. I remember back in 2010-2013 when people went crazy paying $250 on average for every GR to drop, and those were all slightly less to much worse quality than anything that's released under the remastered label. I bought into the remastered at first and got disappointed like a lot of people because I wasn't getting a completely redone shoe. And then I started realizing something After listening to some members that have been involved in Nike/JB focus groups. I was complaining about how the Bordeaux 7s weren't better than the previous release and then I realized something, I don't have to get up and camp out for the Jordan's I want anymore, I don't have to worry about preordering or paying s reseller more than what we pay now, paint isn't chipping after 2-3 wears, heck for a lot of customers Nike eliminated the whole arduous waiting in line/raffle ticket/getting out of bed experience all together and reserved the shoe for us AND didn't exclude them from discount. I understand the $220 vs quality perspective, I really do, but do you guys not remember how hard it used to be to get Retros Not even 6 years ago? Do you not remember how dirty the game had gotten for anyone really into Jordan's back then? I know a lot of y'all want to say Jordan's are easy to get because they're not popular anymore and i say time and time again that's probably the most uniformed response you could come up with. In actuallity nike has literally gone through dozens of changes to make the sneaker buying experience as simple, easy, and as peasant as possible and have made most of their shoes more accessible. And all comes from listening to the customer. You want to justify the price increase? Chalk it up to that. Not one single other company making kicks right now gives the customer the access and experience that Nike does. Definitely not adidas. And this is coming from a guy whose last 4/6 sneakers were adidas.

But maybe none of that matters to hype beasts and trend chasers.

Agree with most of what you stated. Many are paying less at retail than what they were through a reseller years back even with the increase from Nike. Shoes are better vs. prior years quality wise. More pairs being made, which allows for discounting and doubling up more frequently.

You'll always have people follow the masses, you'll always have people complaining about something....that's life.

It just gets annoying because like most people said Nike could make all the changes in the world and they'd still complain. Dudes will complain left and right about these but paid retail/resale for the 2011 pair that they had to jump through hoops to get and the paint literally cracked on site. And then throw adidas into the mix like the customer/buying experience isn't trash, like the confirmed app isn't trash, like hype beasts aren't putting the brand on their backs off the strength of 3-4 models all which dropped in the past 2 years.

I've got no problem with adidas whatsoever. Yeezys are great, love Y3 and I love boost. But hype, or lack there off, is 90% of the reason sneakerheads see Nike through the lens they do today. Adidas is getting away with so much at the moment for no other reason than the hype is on their side. Since the adidas dropped the NMD and the ultra boost, how many black/white pairs have dropped in both pairs that are basically identical? The same people that eat those up are the ones that trash Nike and call them unoriginal and not inovative for releasing a different infrared air max 90 every year.

Last edited:
View media item 2242193
The price never truly rises if youve followed the game long enough, it just adjusts with inflation. Moms bought me J's in the 80s, and I sold them as a teen in the 90's....the quality for the most part has been pretty cosistent through the years. Instead of people complaining online about a glue mark, they asked the sales person to grab another pair or they used to push for a little discount off the shoe. Where I worked we usually gave them something off too. But it was many of these shoes initial releases (pre-2000) that built their cult following....and during their initial release I promise you flaws were existent, and the price was about the same when adjusted for inflation. If purchasing this shoe in the 2010 era with its "premium leather" made you a fan, there's a lot more to learn about this game.
I've had my period where I stepped away from J's: buying Y3s, Dunks, Asics during that time. I love those shoes as well.....but a love for J's is forever if it's legit. Never once in my 30 years of owning J's has the leather sold me. I doubt it ever will. I'll buy a ferragamo if I need premium leather.
Now I see why adidas and reebok retros have skyrocketed in price as well.

:rolleyes

Why can't people just admit to themselves that Nike prices their products the way they do just because they can?

Last edited:
QFT. It totally makes sense that a lawyer with a $200k+/annual salary would post a $100 hook up online. Cmon man.

I really don't see why it matters. Also, just because you have money doesn't mean you can't catch a deal. Known plenty of ppl who have money that rather be cheap. Get past it.

these aren't going to sit long if they do. People acting like these are going to hit outlets
roll.gif

Smack yourself

giphy.gif
you right

I somewhat regret not getting another 2011 pair from eBay then these
I hear you. My Nike pair just came in and my goodness; they could pass for one of em Kmart Shaq knockoffs. Wanted to validate the rumors for myself and boy are they true.  

Serious buyer's remorse over here. 

All u guys are making me want to return my pair without ever seeing it. Are they really THAT bad for fake leather?

Now I see why adidas and reebok retros have skyrocketed in price as well.

:rolleyes

Why can't people just admit to themselves that Nike prices their products the way they do just because they can?

Who's saying the price of anything skyrocketed? If you believe that the price of Jordans has skyrocketed, we'll just agree to disagree. I do however agree with you that the pricing is such because Nike feels they have the clout. I mean heck, the slogan is "Just Do It." Lol....with the inflation info tho im just illustrating that it's not really an increase over the historical pricing of the shoe.

These aren't remastered and that remastered program is done. It was merely a jig to stop reselling and take that money from them and put it into nikes pocket.

Nike doesn't care about its vendors. They get paid, shoes get returned for credit, sold at outlets and community stores at cost...they still get paid.

Mark my words. All you holier than thou adidas stans are going to be bashing adidas this time next year. All this talk about quality when none of you exclusively own new balance ($250-350) models, don't own buschemi, don't buy retro ysl and other high end brands on a weekly basis. If you want your $220 worth of Sanaa Lathan *** leather on sneakers, go spend $$$.

The leather you guys drool over isn't even better quality :lol:

The majority of these idiots (not exclusive to NT) that tweet, YouTube, or post pics of retros sitting showed their hands and have only been into shoes because it's a fad. jordans sitting IS A GREAT THING FOR CONSUMERS.

This isn't a culture either. Bunch of insecure kids and adults who are sheep and victimized by the marketing of shoe cleaners and the stories these brands put out.

When did any of us 35 plus year olds ever ask "what's resell gonna be" to gauge our buying decision? 50% of complainers are resellers, 50% are Nike defectors who want to justify adidas purchases and still remain cool if they do cop a retro.

Last edited:
Question now is where does JB go from here. Remastered is up & they played their trump card with NA. The rebranding as a high end looked like a fail from the outside looking in. Curious to know where they go with the brand other than price hikes every year

I think it's funny how sneakerheads change tunes so often. I remember back in 2010-2013 when people went crazy paying $250 on average for every GR to drop, and those were all slightly less to much worse quality than anything that's released under the remastered label. I bought into the remastered at first and got disappointed like a lot of people because I wasn't getting a completely redone shoe. And then I started realizing something After listening to some members that have been involved in Nike/JB focus groups. I was complaining about how the Bordeaux 7s weren't better than the previous release and then I realized something, I don't have to get up and camp out for the Jordan's I want anymore, I don't have to worry about preordering or paying s reseller more than what we pay now, paint isn't chipping after 2-3 wears, heck for a lot of customers Nike eliminated the whole arduous waiting in line/raffle ticket/getting out of bed experience all together and reserved the shoe for us AND didn't exclude them from discount. I understand the $220 vs quality perspective, I really do, but do you guys not remember how hard it used to be to get Retros Not even 6 years ago? Do you not remember how dirty the game had gotten for anyone really into Jordan's back then? I know a lot of y'all want to say Jordan's are easy to get because they're not popular anymore and i say time and time again that's probably the most uniformed response you could come up with. In actuallity nike has literally gone through dozens of changes to make the sneaker buying experience as simple, easy, and as peasant as possible and have made most of their shoes more accessible. And all comes from listening to the customer. You want to justify the price increase? Chalk it up to that. Not one single other company making kicks right now gives the customer the access and experience that Nike does. Definitely not adidas. And this is coming from a guy whose last 4/6 sneakers were adidas.

But maybe none of that matters to hype beasts and trend chasers.

Exactly , I remember 4-5 years ago when I was still in high school and I was working a part time how hard it was to get some retros, I rememberrd wanting the playoff 12sand ended up paying 260 for my size and the retail was what 160 back then and the leather was absolute trash it felt like pleather, slowly Nike/JB has been making more pairs to kill resell because they notice that's money they could make and that could make their pockets fat but with that mass production it comes with the price hike, me I have no problem with the 220 because back then I remember how difficult it was just to even get Jay's so I have no complaints I love my true blues and I hope more shoes keep sitting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom