OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Almost 250 after tax here in new York smh... Definitely feel like I didn't get my money's worth
Paid $189 and still kind of iffy on if I actually got my moneys worth.  But at least I can thrown them in the closet and decide at  later date.

nerd.gif

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure a ton of you here once started out working at the retail level. I don't see anything wrong with that dude's "humble brag" 

There's nothing wrong with working retail....
I feel for those that had to work Black Friday though hope they get paid double for dealing with customers

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure a ton of you here once started out working at the retail level. I don't see anything wrong with that dude's "humble brag" 

Worked at arco, AT&T then finished my retail career at GNC

Honestly some of the most stressful jobs I had.

Last edited:

Worked at arco, AT&T then finished my retail career at GNC

Honestly some of the most stressful jobs I had.
I had numerous retail jobs in my younger years as well. I'm sure you learned a lot about yourself during those stressful years at your jobs. I know I did. And it paid off for me.

Man I really hope they get those right. The way the back creeps up higher than the tab looks gorgeous. Not to mention the lightness of the EP. The tongue too.

There is so much going on with how the lines play off of each other in the design. Subtle but important to the overall equation. An example being how the slope of the collar in the back flows with the gray of the lace panel and the line of the side EP heel panel going down at that angle all coming to a stop at that angled part of the EP toe rand. I also like how the stitch line on the side flows up into the jumpman's leg. You can tell he sketched out the 3 in this colorway. These things are what separate someone like tinker from someone hired to recreate his designs. His signature is in refinement and detail of the design. His designs are classic because of his evidential philosophies hidden in his work. His lines are never randomly placed, they always relate to one another by either mimicry/contradiction or parallel vs perpendicular.

They need to get someone in there that can catch the subtle nuances.

Last edited:
The BC 3, black metallic 5, Bordeaux 7 and concord 11 are Tinker's artistic masterpieces. I could stare at them for inappropriate amounts of time.

Last edited:
def prefer to make 2,3,4-10x a retail salary and pay full price for my shoes.

IJS

if i posted my receipt for full price along with a 6 figure salary pay stub...would that be an "acceptable humble brag" ?

Last edited:
Having worn these for pretty much since Wednesday. There is no signs of paint chip/cracking. Unlike the the 2011. After a couple of hours, the midsole paint chipped off. Lol.

Jordan 4 white cement show no sign of cracking and those have been rocked a lot since February.

Did they fix that for 2016 Jordan 3/4 middles?

Last edited:
When I went to pick up black toes at flight 23. The guy ringing me up was telling me about the app since it was the first time they were using it.

They want people that actually pickup the shoes to win raffles and after they get the code from your phone the app will ask you if you purchased and you have to press yes or make sure the employee presses yes after obtaining the code.

Supposedly the more pickups you have a a certain store the better chance you have at winning at that store.

I'd take that with a grain of salt though because even though I picked up a BTs at that flight 23 and I had a 6min head start, I still loss every yeezy raffle.

Again that doesn't matter. They never press yes and the damn app updates later. They know if u picked up cause ur purchase is tied to ur name.

That code is on a sheet of paper printed by corp. that code in the phone is like ur bar code. They know if you paid and picked up based off that.

Employees need to do nothing.

I won all the yeezys and I don't have them check my phone. And I have declined shoes I Won.

My law school degree wouldn't quite agree. Good to have family in retail though. When you have friends and family that work for Nike, they have the ability to get you your own Nike Swoosh account.

This. I also don't work in retail, but a friend I grew up with works for Nike. He hooked me up with an account also

My law school degree wouldn't quite agree. Good to have family in retail though. When you have friends and family that work for Nike, they have the ability to get you your own Nike Swoosh account.

This. I also don't work in retail, but a friend I grew up with works for Nike. He hooked me up with an account also

facts. exactly how i got these for $132. great to have family in nike

The lies. Everyone is someone important online. But when you meet them in person they punch holes in donuts and have six kids.

Yo...

I've been a long time NTr, and this has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in years.

I'm legit in tears.

I also spit my coffee up on some important documents lol

Time to re print

I think it's funny how sneakerheads change tunes so often. I remember back in 2010-2013 when people went crazy paying $250 on average for every GR to drop, and those were all slightly less to much worse quality than anything that's released under the remastered label. I bought into the remastered at first and got disappointed like a lot of people because I wasn't getting a completely redone shoe. And then I started realizing something After listening to some members that have been involved in Nike/JB focus groups. I was complaining about how the Bordeaux 7s weren't better than the previous release and then I realized something, I don't have to get up and camp out for the Jordan's I want anymore, I don't have to worry about preordering or paying s reseller more than what we pay now, paint isn't chipping after 2-3 wears, heck for a lot of customers Nike eliminated the whole arduous waiting in line/raffle ticket/getting out of bed experience all together and reserved the shoe for us AND didn't exclude them from discount. I understand the $220 vs quality perspective, I really do, but do you guys not remember how hard it used to be to get Retros Not even 6 years ago? Do you not remember how dirty the game had gotten for anyone really into Jordan's back then? I know a lot of y'all want to say Jordan's are easy to get because they're not popular anymore and i say time and time again that's probably the most uniformed response you could come up with. In actuallity nike has literally gone through dozens of changes to make the sneaker buying experience as simple, easy, and as peasant as possible and have made most of their shoes more accessible. And all comes from listening to the customer. You want to justify the price increase? Chalk it up to that. Not one single other company making kicks right now gives the customer the access and experience that Nike does. Definitely not adidas. And this is coming from a guy whose last 4/6 sneakers were adidas.

But maybe none of that matters to hype beasts and trend chasers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom