OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

I see tons of people wear retros in rec league games. I'm sure not all have custom orthotics

My law school degree wouldn't quite agree. Good to have family in retail though. When you have friends and family that work for Nike, they have the ability to get you your own Nike Swoosh account.

Just because you called it a "Law school degree" proves that you don't have it lmao

Lol....with the inflation info tho im just illustrating that it's not really an increase over the historical pricing of the shoe.
I hear you, but by that logic they're giving us a huge discount with shoes like Penny IIs and Pippen Is that seem to be immune to inflation.

This was the shoe that got me started 15 years ago.

Spent my first paycheck on Jamaica Ave. by buying the last pair at Modell's

GOOD memories with these babies and I've bought every release of these since.

To the guys that are complaining over the quality, return em. It's simple really.

I love em myself but that's bc I don't try to be a critic.

I don't get it. If you don't like the quality of the fake leather, stop buying retros. It's that simple.

These aren't remastered and that remastered program is done. It was merely a jig to stop reselling and take that money from them and put it into nikes pocket.

Nike doesn't care about its vendors. They get paid, shoes get returned for credit, sold at outlets and community stores at cost...they still get paid.

Mark my words. All you holier than thou adidas stans are going to be bashing adidas this time next year. All this talk about quality when none of you exclusively own new balance ($250-350) models, don't own buschemi, don't buy retro ysl and other high end brands on a weekly basis. If you want your $220 worth of Sanaa Lathan *** leather on sneakers, go spend $$$.

The leather you guys drool over isn't even better quality :lol:

The majority of these idiots (not exclusive to NT) that tweet, YouTube, or post pics of retros sitting showed their hands and have only been into shoes because it's a fad. jordans sitting IS A GREAT THING FOR CONSUMERS.

This isn't a culture either. Bunch of insecure kids and adults who are sheep and victimized by the marketing of shoe cleaners and the stories these brands put out.

When did any of us 35 plus year olds ever ask "what's resell gonna be" to gauge our buying decision? 50% of complainers are resellers, 50% are Nike defectors who want to justify adidas purchases and still remain cool if they do cop a retro.

This man speaking truths.

While the 3 is my favorite shoe.

This shoe sucks I got them in last night, terrible I'm comparing them to the white cement 4. Do I care? Lol hell no. I don't buy Jordan's for quality I buy em for color.. gonna try to scoop these in London for cheaper and return my ndc pair.. oh well.. least I got a reservation for them [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

If I want quality I know where to go and how much it's gonna run me.. but you guys need to chill cop Jordan's for the color and nostalgia you can't expect quality from them and when you get it like with the white cement 4 recent retro just be happy about it

Last edited:
One 48 min game which he probably played 30 or so minutes

While also wearing custom orthodic Insole doesn't count lol
What's an orthodic, does it differ from an orthotic? In regard to who is playing in what, I am not too sure that everyone is playing in custom inserts these days. I hear that teams are moving away from them due to their making injuries worse. A NY Ortho surgeon just spoke out about it not too long ago.

So for everyone waiting on price drops what would these need to drop to for you to consider purchasing?

These aren't remastered and that remastered program is done. It was merely a jig to stop reselling and take that money from them and put it into nikes pocket.

Nike doesn't care about its vendors. They get paid, shoes get returned for credit, sold at outlets and community stores at cost...they still get paid.

Mark my words. All you holier than thou adidas stans are going to be bashing adidas this time next year. All this talk about quality when none of you exclusively own new balance ($250-350) models, don't own buschemi, don't buy retro ysl and other high end brands on a weekly basis. If you want your $220 worth of Sanaa Lathan *** leather on sneakers, go spend $$$.

The leather you guys drool over isn't even better quality :lol:

The majority of these idiots (not exclusive to NT) that tweet, YouTube, or post pics of retros sitting showed their hands and have only been into shoes because it's a fad. jordans sitting IS A GREAT THING FOR CONSUMERS.

This isn't a culture either. Bunch of insecure kids and adults who are sheep and victimized by the marketing of shoe cleaners and the stories these brands put out.

When did any of us 35 plus year olds ever ask "what's resell gonna be" to gauge our buying decision? 50% of complainers are resellers, 50% are Nike defectors who want to justify adidas purchases and still remain cool if they do cop a retro.

I think it's funny how sneakerheads change tunes so often. I remember back in 2010-2013 when people went crazy paying $250 on average for every GR to drop, and those were all slightly less to much worse quality than anything that's released under the remastered label. I bought into the remastered at first and got disappointed like a lot of people because I wasn't getting a completely redone shoe. And then I started realizing something After listening to some members that have been involved in Nike/JB focus groups. I was complaining about how the Bordeaux 7s weren't better than the previous release and then I realized something, I don't have to get up and camp out for the Jordan's I want anymore, I don't have to worry about preordering or paying s reseller more than what we pay now, paint isn't chipping after 2-3 wears, heck for a lot of customers Nike eliminated the whole arduous waiting in line/raffle ticket/getting out of bed experience all together and reserved the shoe for us AND didn't exclude them from discount. I understand the $220 vs quality perspective, I really do, but do you guys not remember how hard it used to be to get Retros Not even 6 years ago? Do you not remember how dirty the game had gotten for anyone really into Jordan's back then? I know a lot of y'all want to say Jordan's are easy to get because they're not popular anymore and i say time and time again that's probably the most uniformed response you could come up with. In actuallity nike has literally gone through dozens of changes to make the sneaker buying experience as simple, easy, and as peasant as possible and have made most of their shoes more accessible. And all comes from listening to the customer. You want to justify the price increase? Chalk it up to that. Not one single other company making kicks right now gives the customer the access and experience that Nike does. Definitely not adidas. And this is coming from a guy whose last 4/6 sneakers were adidas.

But maybe none of that matters to hype beasts and trend chasers.

Well said guys

All u guys are making me want to return my pair without ever seeing it. Are they really THAT bad for fake leather?

Why make a decision based on what other people "think" get them in hand and make your own decision. :smh: I really do like that they are readily available. I stopped buying retros over the past couple of years because of the difficulty and hassle.

When you consider the following were made of majority good/decent MATERIALs ...
To name a few from the past 2yrs.
'16 wc 4s
Broadway 10s
Banned 1s '16
Sbb 1.0
Flu 12s '16
Fb '16 12s
Dfa 4s
Cm 3s
Fb 7s
Bord 7s
Blk/met 5s
Alternate 12s
Chi #45 10s
[emoji]127942[/emoji]-room XX3s
So on & so on..

Theres no reason to expect a lower grade shotty material used on these at that price point.

I think these are outlet bound.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Seems to me the complaints are valid.
Nike puts premium materials on the $160 shoe, but uses less than premium materials on a $220 shoe.

I don't care how many pairs were produced.
If you're a multi billion dollar company, its your responsibility to find a way to use premium materials on your premium priced merchandise.

Shots being fired on NDC review section 
laugh.gif

All u guys are making me want to return my pair without ever seeing it. Are they really THAT bad for fake leather?
Yes IMO. They are thin, stiff, & plasticy. But of course make your decision when you get them in hand or go to the mall and check them out. I'm sure there's pairs available.

Why make a decision based on what other people "think" get them in hand and make your own decision. :smh: I really do like that they are readily available. I stopped buying retros over the past couple of years because of the difficulty and hassle.

I am going to make my own decision. Just trying to gauge the general consensus on these.

When you consider the following were made of majority good/decent MATERIALs ...
To name a few from the past 2yrs.
'16 wc 4s
Broadway 10s
Banned 1s '16
Sbb 1.0
Flu 12s '16
Fb '16 12s
Dfa 4s
Cm 3s
Fb 7s
Bord 7s
Blk/met 5s
Altenate 12s
Chi #45 10s
[emoji]127942[/emoji]-room XX3s

Theres no reason to expect a lower grade shotty material used on these.

I think these are outlet bound.
Just my opinion.
thats what I'm saying. People on here don't care about that, they care about the act of complaining, and they care about people not choosing to spend their money.

Don't forget the Oreo 4s, Columbia 4s, hare 7s, aqua 8s, 72-10s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom