OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Jus like the different hues of maroon that were posted before their release, evn that pair on the desk/table of what appears to be a JB rep maybe, with that purplish edt of maroon....jus gotta wait for final product to be seen.....before we know the correct hue of blue being used.....

Will wait for official pics but it ain't looking good for that true "navy" blue...

I mean im still in but lets be honest....if they remasteting kicks then do it right....that True blue aint nowhere near the 88 version

Come on B even the 2001 and 2011 Retro wasn't that dark

Like Night and day

So there is still hope

Last edited:
If you buy into the notion that these will be anything other than True Blue based off one early almost blurry/faded suspect picture, then you're playing yourself and likely just grasping for something to talk/complain about. It's almost as crazy as dudes in another thread claiming the Chicago 1s are trash. People can have an opinion, doesn't mean it's not a stupid one. Kinda ranting now but, yeah.

Ok. They do look dark in the above pic but for me personally I have to assume that it's just the lighting. To my point, the top pic is full of natural light while the bottom pic is not. Copping regardless.

Last edited:
Ok. They do look dark in the above pic but for me personally I have to assume that it's just the lighting. To my point, the top pic is full of natural light while the bottom pic is not. Copping regardless.
it is definitely the lighting.  no way JB is going to release TB3s with a much darker blue and piss everyone off

I wish the elephant print would be lighter with less bold lines like the '94 retros or even the '01s. I like the print on my CGs too but after that they went too bold. That's just a subtle touch that I think would be a nice change. Not holding my breath though. Most likely it'll be very similar to the '88s. I care more about this than the height of the cut. After being used to the higher cut, the OG cut just doesn't look right to me. This is one of the few changes I prefer on any of the retros. Older cats will disagree. I was 3 when the OGs dropped so really have no memory at all of the OG release.

Still fresh either way. Let's hope the color is really true blue, but I'm still in even if it turns out darker. I didn't get the '09s or '11s so I need these.

If you buy into the notion that these will be anything other than True Blue based off one early almost blurry/faded suspect picture, then you're playing yourself and likely just grasping for something to talk/complain about. It's almost as crazy as dudes in another thread claiming the Chicago 1s are trash. People can have an opinion, doesn't mean it's not a stupid one. Kinda ranting now but, yeah.

That's what i'm saying :lol:

I like the red tongue liner. It should have never been blue in the first damn place!

THIS. Spoken like a true OG head. It's fine that a lot of folks on here prefer the blue tongue liner because why, it's their preference. But for you and myself and the rest that like the red tongue liner, we speak from nostalgia. That red tongue completes that OG look. A lot of cats on here didn't start collecting J's until retros started to be made so they think the first retros were the OG's to them. I bet aside from OG heads, a lot of people don't even know or remember what retro+ are. For example, a lot of people referred to the French blue 12's as an OG colorway but it's not, it's a retro plus colorway.

ya there is a slight difference, but to be fair - in the pics you posted there is clearly a fair difference in lighting

Oh dont worry they are black friday releases usually easy everyone should eat off this release [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Im just waitng for the sticker shock to kick in come RD, the way it did with the BM 5s
laugh.gif

The dark blue may very well be the differentiator with these. Jb has done it before as seen with the Bred 1s, bordeauxs, aquas, and the UNCs even

Back
Top Bottom