Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Hey man, I didn't say the prequels were just as good as the original. I'm not defending the prequels.

I just pointed how hard yall going at the man for something he did with his own creation after loving the initial run.

Just because someone comes up with an idea or creates something.. Doesn't exactly mean that person creates or comes up with the best version of that thing

Hell look at how Ridley Scott butchered his own masterpiece with Prometheus.. And aliens is probably the best of the alien movies

And the best movie to date wasn't directed by Lucas (the empire strikes back)
I don't think that's what I'm saying at all.

Lucas created Star Wars, like he sat down and wrote the movies. He created it. It's his thing. I'm not saying he's the best director among everybody that has ever directed a SW film. As a creator it's his right to do what he wants with it creatively. Now everybody can hate it and not support it or have their opinion is something else altogether that I'm not arguing against.

If someone comes up with an idea, creates a whole story around it, makes it in to a movie. It's their thing. We're not talking about making versions of vacuum cleaners or cars. Sure if they license it out or sell the rights so others can do their own thing there'd be other versions you might prefer to the original but that's not what I'm talking about. All other versions would just be derivatives of the original.

Feel like it comes down to the Marlo quote, you want it to be one way but it's not. Talking like you or some other director/writer understands the Star Wars universe better than George. All those novels, comics, tv shows are cuz of him. If he wants to fill it with pussified Vaders, racist caricature Jar Jar, long boring senate debates, and better special effects for the world and fight scenes, etc. then he can do that.

Last edited:
yeah for sure. as the creator he has the right to do whatever he wants with it, just like how all the people who grew up loving the OG movies have the right to get upset at what he did with the prequels 

but no point in bickering about the bad movies, heres to the new trilogy being a return to greatness for the greatest saga ever told 
pimp.gif

def going to buy a spirro ball and try to hack it to make my own bb8 
smokin.gif

Again, I'm not saying fans don't have that right to be upset with it. Star Wars isn't the first film franchise to fall or dip in quality and lose it's fan base or make them not support it.

All I did was point how much some of yall hate dude for what he did recently. On some what have you done for me lately steez or in CP's case I'll never forgive you and you are worthless :lol: :smh:

Some ppl don't know when to stop, some stop too early. Others don't even try.

Last edited:
So I got to go see It Follows tonight. Absolutely, fan-*******-tastic. It's been a good while since I've seen a thriller this good, and I was a little weary going in after seeing all the praise and hype. But boy, it delivered.

From almost every aspect of the film, it exceeded expectations. The actors, sound, music and camerawork made this movie TERRIFYING. I can't remember the last time I was tense and nervous throughout almost an entire 2 hours; the Conjuring was probably the last movie to make me tense in my seat, and before that, who knows? I know the premise of the film will be laughed at by most casual movie goers, as it was by some people I know, but it made for an interesting set up. Something so innocent and personal turns into a terrifying and public event that engrossed Jay's friends and neighbors. And that the eponymous 'it' could be anyone, stranger or not, makes it more terrifying and more interesting. Throughout the movie it was easy enough to see the It, but who it was had me begging for information, trying to make sense of this senseless killing machine. Glimpses into Jay's life, present and past, gave us enough information to see what she sees and know what she knows, but keeping us ignorant enough that the playing field is equal to both character and audience alike, something that I've seen done very rarely and pulled off as a good film even less.

Beyond the background information, i was blown away by the level of suspense throughout. Alfred Hitchcock came to mind early in the movie. His premise that the audience knowing what danger awaits the characters, while they're unknowing, makes the suspense more intense, was done to perfection in my mind. Again, I can't remember the last time my back hurt after a thriller. This movie was almost perfect, and I have no doubt it joins the ranks of classic cult horror films. It's been a long time since a modern horror has been so timeless.

7.9/8

That image alone told me sooooooooooo much about JJ.

Go to hell George.
Damn yall dudes really got hate for the creator.

Keep in mind none of this is possible without him. If he wanted to make episodes as bad as he did that's his prerogative.
And no child of an abusive parent would exist if it weren't for that parent.

However...
Wow, you really just compared child abuse by abusive parents to Lucas 2nd Star Wars trilogy
mean.gif
eyes.gif

Like I said, yall got hate for real.
To the simple minded person looking to be contrary, it would appear I did compare child abuse to the 2nd trilogy.

I don't even hate the 2nd trilogy like most fans hate it, though, so I don't know how it would make sense that I would compare something I don't hate to something that I personally hold in the highest of contempt for personal reasons. I actually appreciate seeing Vader 'made', and my favorite scene from THE ENTIRE STAR WARS STORY is in the 2nd trilogy. So tell me more about how I'm just coming from a place of hate and you're really trying to get what we're saying but I'm just too damn hate-filled. Do go on.

To a more reasonable person, I compared creating something and then ruining it... to creating something and then treating it terribly.

I absolutely, 100% knew you were you going to draw that comparison, though, which is why I wasted no more words on a response. I had originally typed, "And just in case you're basic enough to think that was a comparison," but opted to leave that out.

Clearly you're playing contrarian and making no attempt to see what I'm/we're explaining.

Cath ya next time.

Last edited:
So I got to go see It Follows tonight. Absolutely, fan-*******-tastic. It's been a good while since I've seen a thriller this good, and I was a little weary going in after seeing all the praise and hype. But boy, it delivered.

From almost every aspect of the film, it exceeded expectations. The actors, sound, music and camerawork made this movie TERRIFYING. I can't remember the last time I was tense and nervous throughout almost an entire 2 hours; the Conjuring was probably the last movie to make me tense in my seat, and before that, who knows? I know the premise of the film will be laughed at by most casual movie goers, as it was by some people I know, but it made for an interesting set up. Something so innocent and personal turns into a terrifying and public event that engrossed Jay's friends and neighbors. And that the eponymous 'it' could be anyone, stranger or not, makes it more terrifying and more interesting. Throughout the movie it was easy enough to see the It, but who it was had me begging for information, trying to make sense of this senseless killing machine. Glimpses into Jay's life, present and past, gave us enough information to see what she sees and know what she knows, but keeping us ignorant enough that the playing field is equal to both character and audience alike, something that I've seen done very rarely and pulled off as a good film even less.

Beyond the background information, i was blown away by the level of suspense throughout. Alfred Hitchcock came to mind early in the movie. His premise that the audience knowing what danger awaits the characters, while they're unknowing, makes the suspense more intense, was done to perfection in my mind. Again, I can't remember the last time my back hurt after a thriller. This movie was almost perfect, and I have no doubt it joins the ranks of classic cult horror films. It's been a long time since a modern horror has been so timeless.

7.9/8

And the best part is, it will hold up over time. I'm glad you enjoyed it man. It's probably my favorite Horror film since 28 Days Later.

Compare/contrast 'It Follows' with 'As Above, So Below', both Purges, the Insidious', 'Ouija', and 'Cabin In the Woods'.

(only horror movies I've seen the last few years)

The Purges aren't really horror, are they? That's more just a thriller, no?

Horrors have to be on some supernatural steez, right?

That image alone told me sooooooooooo much about JJ.

Go to hell George.
Damn yall dudes really got hate for the creator.

Keep in mind none of this is possible without him. If he wanted to make episodes as bad as he did that's his prerogative.
And no child of an abusive parent would exist if it weren't for that parent.

However...
Wow, you really just compared child abuse by abusive parents to Lucas 2nd Star Wars trilogy :smh: :rolleyes

Like I said, yall got hate for real.
To the simple minded person looking to be contrary, it would appear I did compare child abuse to the 2nd trilogy.

I don't even hate the 2nd trilogy like most fans hate it, though, so I don't know how it would make sense that I would compare something I don't hate to something that I personally hold in the highest of contempt for personal reasons. I actually appreciate seeing Vader 'made', and my favorite scene from THE ENTIRE STAR WARS STORY is in the 2nd trilogy. So tell me more about how I'm just coming from a place of hate and you're really trying to get what we're saying but I'm just too damn hate-filled. Do go on.

To a more reasonable person, I compared creating something and then ruining it... to creating something and then treating it terribly.

I absolutely, 100% knew you were you going to draw that comparison, though, which is why I wasted no more words on a response. I had originally typed, "And just in case you're basic enough to think that was a comparison," but opted to leave that out.

Clearly you're playing contrarian and making no attempt to see what I'm/we're explaining.

Cath ya next time.
I got your intent. I just didn't care for how you went about it. You'd think you'd be able to make a point without hyperbolic metaphors.

I then even went about describing the difference between what Lucas did and your comparison in following posts - also specifically what I'm talking about since you seem to not be grasping my point - but it seems like you ignored that to call me a contrarian, simple minded, and unreasonable :lol: Gotta love the passive aggressive ad hominems.

No need to catch me next time if this is the extent of your discourse.

Last edited:
I got your intent. I just didn't care for how you went about it. You'd think you'd be able to make a point without hyperbolic metaphors.

I then even went about describing the difference between what Lucas did and your comparison in following posts - also specifically what I'm talking about since you seem to not be grasping my point - but it seems like you ignored that to call me a contrarian, simple minded, and unreasonable
laugh.gif
Gotta love the passive aggressive ad hominems.

No need to catch me next time if this is the extent of your discourse.
The feeling is mutual.

Then why bother replying to me? or telling me you'd do it again some other time?

I don't believe you. Brush those chips off ya shoulder.

I replied to let you know something.

What, exactly? Well, what I said.

That's why there's a reply to read.

If you would rather I not reply when I have something to say, aware me to your mindreading abilities.

Otherwise, I feel that the best way to relay something that you want to say is through a reply.

It really needs to be explained to you why people reply?

Man.

I never asked why you bothered to initially argue my original point by reducing it to a mockery called 'comparison'. I know why; because you wanted to argue and mock, not discuss as understand.

(Let me worry about my own chips, you worry about yours.)

Last edited:
Compare/contrast 'It Follows' with 'As Above, So Below', both Purges, the Insidious', 'Ouija', and 'Cabin In the Woods'.

Horrors have to be on some supernatural steez, right?
I haven't seen Oijua or AA,SB, so I'll skip those. As far as the Purges, this movie isn't necessarily restrained to reality as much as those, the story here focuses on a more supernatural element a la Insidious. Only 'infected' characters can see this 'it,' but the thing that makes it scary is that 'it' isn't distinguishable like normal horror movie monsters. Cabin in the Woods is, imo, a fanatic movie, but it's a satire that never takes itself too serious whereas It Follows stays within it's world and treats the characters with respect. They're not stereotypes or idiots. I think that's what sets this movie apart from most horrors, these kids aren't dumb, they don't wait for people to die before helping, they're people you can more or less care about (not to say the film doesn't follow most horror movie pacing and structure).

Tl;dr,
It's not like any of those.

JA referencing one of my fav horror movies of all time, 28 days later :pimp:

I freakin LOVED that movie, and I've said numerous times I don't mess with horror movies lol

walking dead straight jacked their plot ideas from that movie :smh:

yes I know about the comics. And no I don't care! :lol:

Last edited:
[quote name="Noskey"][quote name="DarthSka"]Compare/contrast 'It Follows' with 'As Above, So Below', both Purges, the Insidious', 'Ouija', and 'Cabin In the Woods'.

Horrors have to be on some supernatural steez, right?[/quote]I haven't seen Oijua or AA,SB, so I'll skip those. As far as the Purges, this movie isn't necessarily restrained to reality as much as those, the story here focuses on a more supernatural element a la Insidious. Only 'infected' characters can see this 'it,' but the thing that makes it scary is that 'it' isn't distinguishable like normal horror movie monsters. Cabin in the Woods is, imo, a fanatic movie, but it's a satire that never takes itself too serious whereas It Follows stays within it's world and treats the characters with respect. They're not stereotypes or idiots. I think that's what sets this movie apart from most horrors, these kids aren't dumb, they don't wait for people to die before helping, they're people you can more or less care about (not to say the film doesn't follow most horror movie pacing and structure).

Tl;dr,
It's not like any of those.[/quote]Makes sense. Repped.

In general, I'm just not a huge horror fan, but thought I'd give this one a shot.

Last edited:
I replied to let you know something.
You replied to me but apparently don't like to or look forward to. You replied to me and even said you'd know my response :lol: Then you tell me you'll do it again but at the same time don't want to.

I mean as much as you may want to make this like you have a problem with me I don't know why you'd think I'd want to keep talking about a topic with someone that's gonna be an egomaniac about it. I'm not worried, I just told you to brush em off.

Reactions: HIM
"Apparently"

No sense in going off what was said. Let's just assume.

Because reasons.

You're right, though.

How dare I contend your contention.

My mistake. 
smile.gif

I came in here and we talking about child abuse and **** lol

Star wars fans have a justifiable love/hate relationship with Georgie. Im personally shocked he even let someone else take over. I thought we would never see another movie again

Im a star wars fan. But not too intense. I personally dont have much of a problem with episode 2 and 3. But there are sooooooo many missed opportunities. fan fiction and the real books show that.

Im very pumped for the new movies. That trailer was aWesome

Back
Top Bottom