Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

surprisingly they had ex machina on the flight to HK

solid 7.5/8 gotta watch it again 
ummm I'm watching it right now and I'm scared/nervous as **** tbh

this movie is horrifying 
frown.gif

Machina was ok. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Def smart flick. Certainly intriguing. I think my fav part was him doubting his own existence. Thought that was cool.

Unique film. All in this one house. Only 3-4 characters. Pretty cool.

Machina was ok. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Def smart flick. Certainly intriguing. I think my fav part was him doubting his own existence. Thought that was cool.

Unique film. All in this one house. Only 3-4 characters. Pretty cool.
I'm with ya on all this.

Plus, Gleeson basically playing the human simp version of his character from Black Mirror kinda made the story and ending a bit more predictable.

Oscar Isaac was dope.

I'd give the Ex Machina a friendly 5.5/8

Wait, the sequel to one of this thread's favorite movies came out this weekend and it hasn't been mentioned? Come on, someone admit to having seen Pitch Perfect 2 already.

I thought about heading out today, but I'll probably catch it tomorrow.

The reviews are about what I expected for it so far.

Pitch Perfect 2 looks like garbage, even the trailers are corny.

Perfect example of Hollywood having a unique success but then trying to same formula to diminishing returns creatively but increasing financially.

My future ex wife Anna Kendrick deserves better.

Last edited:
I thought about heading out today, but I'll probably catch it tomorrow.

The reviews are about what I expected for it so far.

Yes. I saw that this morning. Some very favorable, some pretty unkind and most somewhere in the middle. It does seem to me though that if one really liked the first one (as I did), they'll like 2 as well.

caught Pitch Perfect 2 on friday. it had some funny moments but overall was pretty bland and predictable. her interaction with the german girl though 
laugh.gif

saw Mad Max last night and was blown away. haven't had an action movie make me feel that tense and on the edge of my seat before

2 hours of non-stop action

I haven't heard good stuff about pitch perfect 2. My brother saw it and said it wasn't that good.

On a brighter note, going to take mushrooms and see Mad Max in Imax, I'm hyped.

Have fun, man. That's going to be intense. Not the experience I'd recommend for someone who was ingesting for the first time, but I expect you've been down this road before.

Wait, the sequel to one of this thread's favorite movies came out this weekend and it hasn't been mentioned? Come on, someone admit to having seen Pitch Perfect 2 already.

I've seen it, wrote about it a few pages back.

Man I just lucked up a little bit today.

I was flipping through the Channel guide and saw "Turistas"

I haven't seen it in a while and I hit the info button to read the overview so I could make sure it was the same one I had seen.

It was, but..I also notice that O. Wilde is in it as well. Funny because we were just speaking on her lack of quality movies, this is watchable, but I wouldn't call it quality. Boy she is ******* hot though.

Last edited:
Have fun, man. That's going to be intense. Not the experience I'd recommend for someone who was ingesting for the first time, but I expect you've been down this road before.

For sure, I wouldn't either. :lol:

Being in the movie theatre on psychs is :pimp: though.

Saw Gravity like that too, unbelievable.

Turistas is a lot better than I remember. 

I was thinking this was the movie with kind of the same premise where they ended up finding those old ancient sacrificial pyramids or something. 

This movie is dope.

mad-max-tom-hardy-thumbs-up.gif

Mad Max was :pimp: . Heard about the great reviews, but still went into it with no expectations. Wildly entertaining from start to finish. Honestly felt as if there was a collective 20-25 minutes total of non-action sequences; the rest of the time was just straight up non stop fun.

Cool as hell that the actor who plays Immortan Joe is also in the Gibson-originals (I need to watch them all). My girl accidentally bought tickets for 3D, but it wasn't necessary. Save some cash and see it in standard.

Last edited:
Mad Max.
pimp.gif
  One of those 2 hour movies that doesn't seem nearly as long since you're having a blast the whole time.

Gonna have to re-watch Road Warrior sometime this week.

Mad Max. :pimp:   One of those 2 hour movies that doesn't seem nearly as long since you're having a blast the whole time.

Gonna have to re-watch Road Warrior sometime this week.

That entire scene was absurd. The film didn't let up for like, the first 45 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom