Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The amount of money f7 made was really surprising. One of the top money making movies ever. I guess walker's death and people watching these movies since they were teens made a lot want to go to the theaters.

Everest was solid. Really enjoyed almost everything about it. And finally 3D that works to pull you into the film! My girlfriend and I both had "oh man" moments with some of the scenes. Really worked with the disorientation moments and were nerve racking with 3D, that otherwise wouldn't have been so effective.

Overall a solid, beautifly shot disaster film, but very depressing in some parts. The actors really brought their real-life counterparts to life and did their stories justice.

Definitely a movie to see in theaters.

caught black mass last night and i pretty much agree with the consensus. Story was pretty dull. i forgot to check the runtime but i feel like i was there forever. they could've made the third act more interesting and cut ALOT from the first two. The only saving grace was Depp's performance which was his best in awhile (i know not really saying much but still glad to see he got it). That family secrets scene will be classic in the long run though, i loved that scene. 

hopefully will catch everest next. 

^ I totally agree with you! Saw it last night.

Let me not start with the Maze Runner movie. I was just waiting for it to end.

Saw Black Mass last night. It was cool but slow. Johnny Depp was great tho. The movie did feel long like yall said even tho its only 2 hours lol

Hamm has to win... it'll be so disappointing if he doesn't.

I hope Poehler gets one too.

I saw this movie Vengeance last night. Came out in 2010. I been meaning to watch it since like last year :lol: Showtime airs it at weird times but has it on demand.

I'm very happy I watched it. It's pretty much your typical action foreign film that weaves through speaking English, French and Chinese with subtitles. The whole thing is set in China. It has the feel of all of those really good Asian gangster flicks from the 90s and 2000s. The tone gives it a real cool suspense vibe as well.

The movie itself is like any of the typical get revenge movies but with a twist of Memento. It was good and I was really enjoying it for what it was but when that reveal came in it changed everything up and gave the main character a bit more depth you weren't expecting even though you could tell something was up with him from the start.

The bad guys is over the top evil 90s Triad boss but they didn't overdo it with too many scenes and I wish they gave a bit more of his madness to laugh at. You look past some of the cliche old guy barely gets shot or killed in a gun fight stuff and the movie is really solid. The tense scenes when the two hit men crews meet in the park was cool, the flashback scenes to the murders brought a weight to the whole movie, and the gunfights just got better as the movie as progressed.

Vengeance - 6.6/8

Bout to watch American Yakuza now with the homey Viggo Mortensen. Another movie I been meaning to get around to for a long time, just waiting bookmarked in my library.

Have any Actors/Actresses won emmy's from the show?
nah this would be the first , elisabeth moss has a real shot to win also .

Ben Mendelson is extremely underrated and washed everyone in every second on screen in bloodlines .would love to see him get it . Along with Maggie gyllenhaal although not being on popular shows hurts their chances a bit .

I don't even know what Olive Kitteridge was about but should be good if it's winning everything.

Just cuz it's winning awards doesn't mean it's good. Most of these awards are politics. Friends patting friends on the back and nothing more

Just cuz it's winning awards doesn't mean it's good. Most of these awards are politics. Friends patting friends on the back and nothing more

Well Frances McDormand and Bill Murray were in it and it was on hbo. I would guess it's not awful. Also I would think there would be more politics involved in the bigger categories, not the mini series or short series category.

Back
Top Bottom