Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The Martian was awesome. My favorite of the recent space films by far. Can't lie didn't expect it to be so upbeat, thought it'll be more on the interstellar vibe side. I love how they had it to be much more understandable for the common people when they used science terms/terminology than interesteller tho :lol: much more easier to understand

The Talented Mr. Ripely is a dope movie.
watched this for the first time the other day with no background info

did not expect it to turn into a psychological thriller 
laugh.gif

did not expect it to turn into a psychological thriller :lol:

I kinda miss this about movies! Before the internet, you would just go and see a movie, regardless of what you heard about it. No twitter, no rotten tomatoes, no illegal streaming, blogs, etc. You just saw the trailer maybe once or twice on tv, saw that Bruce Willis was in it or whoever, and went out and watched that joint.

I can vividly remember not knowing that Dusk Til Dawn was a vampire flick. Just saw that Clooney was in it and a friend if a friend told me it was about bank robbers :rofl: :rofl:. Made it sooo much more dope when vamps started rollin up on the scene. I remember not knowing the secret to 6th sense before I watched it. I remember not knowing what happens to Samuel L in Deep Blue Sea before I watched it.

A movie like The Empire Strikes back might not even work nowadays. You would already know that Vader was his damn father well before you went to see it! "Wanna go see this star wars movie this weekend? Nah imma just download it on frostwire. RT gave it a 30% anyways. It's redbox-able at best."

Kind of disappointed that the schedule is so sequel heavy, but I'll try to remain optimistic. Already have high hopes for Finding Dory and if Brad Bird is directing, I think Incredibles 2 will be good. Cars 3 and Toy Story 4, though, not sure they need to happen. Its not that I worry about the quality of TS4, but TS3 just seemed to end the story so perfectly. Why go past that?

Looking forward to Hail, Caesar. The Coen's are pretty much always a must watch for me.

Knock, Knock. :nerd:

Edit:

35 minutes in, Keanu is a very, very lucky man.

Last edited:
Watching Men in Black 2 and a question occurred to me - what happened to Rosario Dawson? Feel like I haven't seen her in anything forever. Hope she didn't go the same place as will Smith's coolness.

did not expect it to turn into a psychological thriller 
laugh.gif

I can vividly remember not knowing that Dusk Til Dawn was a vampire flick. Just saw that Clooney was in it and a friend if a friend told me it was about bank robbers
roll.gif
roll.gif
. Made it sooo much more dope when vamps started rollin up on the scene. 
I did the exact same thing on this movie!

Went with a friend and our girls and I didn't even know who Clooney was, but my boy thought he was cool.

The Vampires turned and the theater got turnt. Perfect example man

Last edited:
Watching Men in Black 2 and a question occurred to me - what happened to Rosario Dawson? Feel like I haven't seen her in anything forever. Hope she didn't go the same place as will Smith's coolness.
You right but the most recent thing I've seen her in was Top 5. She was also in Trance and Sin City: A Dame To Kill For and that came out like a year or two ago.

You mention it and I can't think of a lot of movies she's been in. She might be slowing down on the grind. We might see her on a good cable tv series if we're lucky. I mean Halle Berry is out here doing network tv for a summer show.

Last edited:
Oh wow, how did I blank on her being in that? :lol: That'd qualify as cable tv series imo. Just streaming instead.

That'll probably be her thing for a while. She'll also be showing up in the Jessica Jones and Luke Cage netflix series. The way that's going she might even have a chance to bleed over in to an ep of AOS.

Watching HTGAWM for the first time and it's crazy how much Viola Davis acting presence is above everybody else's on this show. It's almost like she doesn't belong on this show because she's too good :lol:

Watching HTGAWM for the first time and it's crazy how much Viola Davis acting presence is above everybody else's on this show. It's almost like she doesn't belong on this show because she's too good :lol:

I don't even watch the show, but I can tell that from just the commercials

Last edited:
Word :lol: It took a while to get use to Viola being leaps and bounds better than everyone else in the cast. I'm surprised for this season the showrunner didn't ask her to tone her talent level down a notch.

Last night I watched probably the best Documentary I have ever seen. Thanks @Ben Roethlisberger

Mental Snippet: I'm a pretty content guy, and I'm always at peace, but after watching this, it's to a whole new level. I've never felt this kind of peace in my life. To say the least, the documentary was life changing. Watch it if you can.

I felt the urge to watch the Bourne series after that and Mr. Ripley, on Identity now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom