Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching Kill Bill 2
pimp.gif
Just saw this a couple weeks ago for the first time (both of them).

Both of them went SUPER hard; LOVED them.

One of my favorite movie scenes of all time is in KB2.
nthat.gif

I can't stand trailers that are longer than 1:30. The 2 Guns trailer I saw was 3 mins - why not show the whole film...so dumb...trailers are suppose to be teasers, not short films...so many show too many details just annoying.

Worst movie I ever sat through completely was From Justin to Kelly. Starring Kelly Clarkson and that weirdo from American Idol.

I wonder if QT will ever release the original version of Kill Bill as one movie instead of 2 parts? Was anyone lucky enough to see it when it played in LA a couple of years back? I'm waiting for an anniversary edition to come out.

FYI, the role of Bill was originally offered to Warren Betty & then Kevin Costner... Glad they both turned it down...

Last edited:
2 Guns does look ok. :lol: @ Bill Paxton's character saying "incentivised". That's like Gloansy in The Town saying "authentacious"...

2 guns looks interesting.

I still can't believe you didn't enjoy Shaun of th dead, me and my dudes have at least one SOD reference every few days :lol:

Kill bill :pimp:

What's this see of one complete KB film? Info? :nerd:

Re watching the wire :pimp: season 2 :pimp:

McNaulty driving drunk :lol: :lol:

Nathan For You is the best comedy on television right now :rofl:

I just watched the gas station rebate/king of sting caricature artist ep :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Son talking about drinking his own urine, other dude saying drink the pee of any kid under 5. Then then whole atomic bomb Asian caricature :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This dude Nathan needs a hr long show or something. Laughter brought me to tears man. I haven't laughed like this in ages :lol: Too funny

omg :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Hunk...I didn't breathe for 10 minutes. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Every. single. sketch. HITS.

Last edited:
Idk why S2 gets so much hate, I loved S2 of the Wire.

Big J brought it up a page or 2 back.

Honestly I loved season 2.

It's something different from the normal "drug" TV/Movie scene.

I remember when the show was on and just about everyone watching it hated the season, for good reason. You gotta think of the perspective. There were no great shows with almost all black casts and suddenly Boyz N Tha Hood/Menace II Society to series came out. It was next evolution of Oz, brought to the real world, without all the manrape that made it tough to hype up.

And then all of the sudden they dumped the og Menace anti-hero, Avon Barksdale, and gave half of the show to blue collar white people. People much less likely to talk the slang, do the dirt, be as...provocative characters. People much less likely to represent the kind of people only The Wire represented. It became, in it's own way, a knockoff Sopranos or Brotherhood or Black Donnellys with a few more black people. It lost that flavor and the feeling like you were getting a show that isn't allowed on television. Instead you got the correct, allowably white version of The Wire.

And you just got less of these strong characters from season 1 that you couldn't get enough of, with maybe not as much payoff as you wanted. People hype it up now, because classic Wire moments happened in season 2, but it felt like The Wire was fighting to break out from under The Docks, that had invaded the show. At that point, no one realized that every season was going to be from a new perspective, but I don't think any season flew as far away from what season 1 was as this did.

The tide has turned on the season, because as a whole, you can see how this was a huge sign of the ambition of the series to come. And to be honest, non-black people never really watched The Wire until season 4. I remember them hawking bootlegs of the new ep every week it came out at the barbershop or wherever. But now that so many non-black people have seen it...people have "come around" on it. Cuz I remember when everyone was watching it they all agreed that season 2 wasn't so hot. Non-black people had their own feeling that this window into the lives of inner-city black people was interrupted by regular old working class white people you could find on the CW or whatever. But after the 2nd or 3rd viewing, it goes to who you can relate to? Regardless of race, these are really the only middle-class people in the show, and this was the closest point of peace and happiness for a lot of characters.

And it's almost an intellectual uppity thing, like, I enjoy this show for the high-minded ideas it has about society, that get people to come around on this season. Cuz you know your dumbass friends who just wanna quote Omar and Marlo hate season 2. :lol:

Iono...that's just how I see it. My fault on making generalizations to how certain races (with exceptions) accept the show.

Last edited:
[quote name="ServeChilled81"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]
[QUOTE name="hymen man"]Watching Kill Bill 2 :pimp: [/QUOTE]Just saw this a couple weeks ago for the first time (both of them).

Both of them went SUPER hard; LOVED them.

One of my favorite movie scenes of all time is in KB2. :nthat:[/QUOTE]which scene?[/quote]Man, when she got to Bill's. It was one of those rare moments where I actually felt what the character I'm watching felt. QT did amazing leading up to and scripting out that scene.

Last edited:
2 Guns does look ok.
laugh.gif
@ Bill Paxton's character saying "incentivised". That's like Gloansy in The Town saying "authentacious"...
Incentivised is an acceptable word, I come across it fairly often when doing research for essays on finance.

David Carradine as Bill is just awesome to watch. KB2 :pimp:

I'm on the minority of those who liked 2 better

It's very simple to see why season 2 is the most hated come on now. They basically pulled an MGS2 on people and completly changed the direction of the show. You were expecting Avon and you got frank sobatka. Thankfully it all came together. The series is one complete story of a city failing. Could have easily been cancelled after season 2

Friggin ziggy

guilty please at the moment is 1600 penn. show grew on me.

Worst movie I've ever seen had to be Freeway... 1996 movie with Kiefer Sutherland and Reese Witherspoon. I thought The Polar Express absolutely sucked too.

KB1 was awesome to me because of the scene in that restaurant or party or whatever it was where Uma sliced and diced the 17-year old or whatever. :pimp: That entire scene. :wow:

The wire could've ended after season 2 and I think it would still be highly appreciated and up there with great TV.

It's amazing how much HBO has hit on man.

OZ
6ft Under
Sopranos
The Wire
Boardwalk Empire

What else am I missing? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom