Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Entourage and Sex and the City were "successful" id say.

Sex and the City isn't my steez by any means, but damn if they didnt make a killing off it.

Deadwood, In Treatment, Band of Brothers, obv Game of Thrones. Most of Big Love was great.

Eastbound & Down and Ali G Show are their own special somethin.

And people swear by Curb Your Enthusiasm and Rome.

Last edited:
My ex loved sex as the city :lol:

Sat down for a few episodes, it wasn't that bad. :lol: :smh:

How could I forget about Band of Brothers, loved that series :smh:

Haven't seen curb , deadwood or GoT.

Anything came of Treme? Wasn't it supposed to be the people who had a hand in the wire?

[quote name="PabstBlueRibbon"]It's amazing how much HBO has hit on man.

OZ
6ft Under
Sopranos
The Wire
Boardwalk Empire

What else am I missing? :nerd:[/quote]Arli$$ :smokin

Sex and the city is 10 times the show girls is. I've never seen a show fall off so fast before. Besides that one about the island.

Big love is mostly a very, very good show. Ending is pretty good too by no means perfect. The season before the last was the best. I really was a big fan from start to finish

Entourage is a case of missed potential. Became a soap opera for men. First two seasons are classic

Curb is curb. The best. Seinfeld on steroids

Last edited:
Besides that one about the island.
:lol:
Anything came of Treme? Wasn't it supposed to be the people who had a hand in the wire?
I watched the first few eps and I just couldn't. After The Corner, The Wire and Generation Kill, I was too hyped for it to be something it's not. The most memorable thing about the show is David Simon coming out all guns blazing bashing the people who were mad that there wasn't the killing and drug-dealing and big criminal characters and activity that The Wire had.

People were hoping for The Wire: NOLA Division, but instead got True Blood with all the vampires, supernatural stuff, random sex and albino supermodels traded in for jazz music, cajun food and John Goodman. It sounds like the worst thing about the show is that everyone knows it's from the creator of The Wire. People wanted something provocative and gritty and profound like the effect drug culture had on the American city, but instead they got a slow lovesong about what authentic New Orleans culture is like.

I wanna watch Treme one day, cuz I hear it really is great for what it is, but it just seems too laidback and...I dunno...boring? to me. :smh:

Last edited:
That's what I meant about HBO creating this fake distinction between other cable shows. Treme, Paradise (is this some poor man's Downton Abbey?), and a few others which names escape me aren't that good. They seem so bland.

Last edited:
Watching Curb and I finally figure out where the famous "I'm outta here" Jerry Seinfield gif is from. Had me in tears hahaha

What's this see of one complete KB film? Info? :nerd:

Kill Bill was originally one long film but with a run time of 4+ hours, so Harvey Weinstein had QT make it into 2 films. In the original you don't know Beatrix has a daughter at the end of volume 1 & there is no summary from her (as she's driving) to review what happened going into volume 2. The fight scene at The House Of Blue Leaves is in color. I think there's are other details like the animation scenes being longer.

The whole film was played in a theater in LA only a couple of years ago. I was hoping it would be released on blu ray, but it hasn't happened yet & I don't see anything coming down the pike.

Treme is a really well done show. But if your looking for gangsters & such, you will be hugely disappointed. It's about people in Nawlins trying to recover after Katrina & having to deal with all the BS ranging from family issues, political scandals, etc.

The level of details & subtlety David Simon & his team create/achieve is amazing. The music on the show is stellar too. Great cast also. My wife & I love the show. I think most people won't like it though because they're expecting The Wire...

Last edited:
That's for the info on Treme.

Not gonna lie when I first saw commercials for it that's what I was expecting. The Wire: NoLa

Regardless I might try to catch it later.

Isn't True Blood and Weeds HBO?

Heard they were decent series.

True Blood is HBO; Weeds is Showtime. I like True Blood. Weeds was good for the first few seasons, but not so great the last couple.

Weeds was good and entertaining the first few seasons. Then it went downhill. I marathoned until season 4 or 5... I forget, then I just gave up once they got to Mexico.

True Blood is a total mess and it's almost by design. It's better if you're watching with someone because you'll need someone to laugh with and make fun of the show. At least for me. I fell behind last season and I stopped caring.

Weeds is Showtime. It was greatuntil they ditched the suburbs. Then it slowly went full ******, until the last couple seasons were almost unwatchable.

True Blood...was a great idea and a pretty great show for a season. Then it turned into R-rated, kinda gay Charmed/Twilight the series. And I guess things just got more ridiculous every season, until now it's not even vampires, it's fairies and every other fantasy thing.

Weeds seasons 1-3 are truly awesome. When they moved though it got weird and then like you said became unbearable to watch.

It's sad because the first seasons are some of the funniest shows I've seen out of a series IMO.

I've never watched one second of curb. :\

Started watching 24 on Netflix. I hate the mom already, and I hope she dies soon

But the premise is pretty awesome!

EDIT: Yup, the mom needs to die.

Last edited by a moderator:
People were hoping for The Wire: NOLA Division, but instead got True Blood with all the vampires, supernatural stuff, random sex and albino supermodels traded in for jazz music, cajun food and John Goodman. It sounds like the worst thing about the show is that everyone knows it's from the creator of The Wire. People wanted something provocative and gritty and profound like the effect drug culture had on the American city, but instead they got a slow lovesong about what authentic New Orleans culture is like.
Aside from the True Blood comparison I agree with this assessment about Treme.

I watched the first two seasons of Treme and while I enjoyed them, they did not captivate me like any of the seasons of The Wire has. And it has nothing to do with the fact that The Wire was a more violent show, because aside from the violence The Wire told a great story whether it was about drugs, the school system or the current struggles of newspapers and other print media and also had well developed, fleshed out characters that you cared about and connected with. There is no Avon, or Stringer Bell, or McNulty, or Bunk, or Lester Freamon or Bunny Colvin, or Omar, or Bubbles or Dukie,  or Bodie in Treme (at least for me).

While I wasn't expecting a NOLA version of the Wire with Treme, I was expecting the show to be an amazing experience like The Wire was based on the fact that David Simon was the mastermind behind it but it isn't. Treme isn't a bad show per se, learning about the culture of New Orleans is interesting, and the music is superb but it just comes up short compared to Simon's other work.

I'm typing this with my eyes opening and closing, but saw Place Beyond the Pines tonight.... what a ******g movie :pimp: .

Detailed review tomorrow when I wake up.

Watched two films today...

First was Safety Not Guaranteed, a good and charming film overall. Aubrey didn't waver much from her usual style but I like what she does anyways and found her still very enjoyable. The ending wasn't exactly what I was expecting but a nice little indie comedy.

The other was Adventureland, which I haven't seen in a while but I liked it as much as the first time I saw it. I wish Martin Starr was in more stuff, a scene just always seems to work when he's around. For some reason, I find Kristen Stewart really attractive in Adventureland, maybe it has to do with her character rockin Lou Reed and Husker Du tee's? I haven't seen any of the Twilight movies, which are pretty bad from what I hear, but with this, Into the Wild, and Panic Room, she definitely has some talent and I wouldn't mind her in future films more like Adventureland and Into the Wild. Also the soundtrack for this film is just incredibly awesome, some of my favorite songs from those artists.

I'm typing this with my eyes opening and closing, but saw Place Beyond the Pines tonight.... what a ******g movie :pimp: .

Detailed review tomorrow when I wake up.

Interested in this review. Really want to see it but it opened very limited here, hopefully there's a wide release soon, any info on this?

On the topic of True Blood, I liked the first and second season.. then the third came on and I was like where the hell is this going but I didn't really care so I never went back to watch the rest of the series as it aired. It was good for a while then like BigJ said, jumped all over the place and didn't really have a concrete idea of what kind of show it wanted to be.

Nathan For You is the best comedy on television right now :rofl:

I just watched the gas station rebate/king of sting caricature artist ep :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Son talking about drinking his own urine, other dude saying drink the pee of any kid under 5. Then then whole atomic bomb Asian caricature :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This dude Nathan needs a hr long show or something. Laughter brought me to tears man. I haven't laughed like this in ages :lol: Too funny

omg :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Hunk...I didn't breathe for 10 minutes. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Every. single. sketch. HITS.

I watch this show based off of all the smiley yall gave it.

I was on the floor laughing. The King of Sting :rofl:...asking that guy why he wore nail polish :rofl: ....delivery guy singing the Star Spangled Banner in the car ....the goat/pig hoax that went viral :lol:

HILARIOUS.

Props to you two for this.

Back
Top Bottom