Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Looking for opinions on that cop movie w/ that Brokeback Mountain dude, and that Matt Damon/John Krasinski movie.

would specifically want to hear from Chester & JA.

If you're talking about "End of Watch" it was a solid film

Haven't seen Promised Land and probably never will.

Bradley Cooper becomes Chef, Christoph Waltz enters The Candy Store with De Niro, Mad Men's John Slattery to make directorial debut with Christina Hendricks, Will Smith's new film and much more Hollywood casting news - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-30c

So will smith passes on Django & now wants to revive The Wild Bunch? He's basically going to make sequel to the wild wild west. :lol:

Last edited:
Disconnect was the best film I've seen all year. Really makes you think about how technology has affected daily life and how we communicate with others these days.

Star Trek was also awesome.

Looking for opinions on that cop movie w/ that Brokeback Mountain dude, and that Matt Damon/John Krasinski movie.

would specifically want to hear from Chester & JA.

End of Watch is pretty solid. Gritty, rough film, there's no sugar coating the violence as cops. They get into a messy situation with a gang, everything is shot in the "found footage" first person camera which usually is annoying but it works in this film.

Good film, strong performances.

So will smith passes on Django & now wants to revive The Wild Bunch? He's basically going to make sequel to the wild wild west. :lol:

yea everyone I've talked to about this casting is dumbfounded. It's not a easy subject or "clean" subject for Smith who is soooooooooo conscious about his image. So this is odd.

Disconnect was the best film I've seen all year. Really makes you think about how technology has affected daily life and how we communicate with others these days.

glad other people are checking out this film, loved it so much

yea everyone I've talked to about this casting is dumbfounded. It's not a easy subject or "clean" subject for Smith who is soooooooooo conscious about his image. So this is odd.

So it looks like he's updating the film from it's 1913 setting to modern times & instead of a band of outlaws the crew will be DEA agents so it's not really The Wild Bunch... :smh:

just finished watching 50/50

just remembered how much i enjoyed that movie
smokin.gif

devil.gif

JJ Abram's appearance on Kimmel... Taking some audience suggestions for the next Star Wars with some surprise audience members... :lol:

Last edited:
^^^ Funny stuff, but what was up with Bill Shatner looking so red? Is that how he always looks?

Will Smith passed on Django? I'm sure a majority of you guys already knew that, but I didn't. And I am sooooooo glad that he did.

Will Smith passed on Django? I'm sure a majority of you guys already knew that, but I didn't. And I am sooooooo glad that he did.

It was actually discussed in this thread as it happened. We're so on top things in here.

Yea Tarantino wrote the script with smith in mind. Not too long ago, smith came out in an interview saying he turned down the role because it wasn't the lead. Narcissism at it's finest if you ask me but like Ska said it was for the best.

I'm not a fan of Will Smith's talent (because I don't think there's much there aside from charisma), but I actually wish he would've taken the role because Tarantino would have gotten his very best, and that could have been something.

No knock on Jamie, but I'm in the camp that would've like to see Will's Django.

I haven't been too hyped on a sci-fi thing since BSG and Lost ended. Fringe...was complicated. :lol:

But Ron Moore's got a new thing coming this fall. And I honestly think Caprica would've been great, if Syfy didn't force him to make it a Cylon/BSG prequel. So I'm holding out hope for this, cuz it's dry out there.

And if you haven't seen it, and don't think Battlestar Galactica would be your thing...you'd be surprised.

battlestar-galactica_l.jpg

Last edited:

I thought we already found out that Will didn't do Django cuz he wanted to be the lead and the one to kill Leo's character? or at least that's the rumor that came out after the movie did. Apparently it had nothing to do with his image just him wanting to be the main superhero.

Last edited:
i actually thought jamie was the weakest one in the cast , i would

have absolutely loved seeing will's rendition if for nothing more than

just a few 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom