Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

IMDb ‏@IMDb 1h
Actor and Oscar-winning director Richard Attenborough has died at age 90. http://imdb.to/1vcESHR #RIP

I'll always remember him best as the old guy from Jurassic Park, but he had quite a career, including directing Ghandi.

RIP.

I just saw this... He lived a long & interesting life. My favorite movies he directed was Ghandi & Cry Freedom . Ghandi is a master piece. That along with the Last Emperor are my 2 favorite epic movies that I watch every once in a while.

Cry Freedom is a flawed flick overall by Denzel's performance as Steve Biko was Oscar worthy...

My favorite movie where Attenborough was an actor is The Great Escape in part because I'm a Steve McQueen fan...

RIP...

I'm done...I just saw Liam Niasem's new trailer for 'Tombstone' something or other, pretty much a contract Taken...oh I'll see it because it looks dope but he's definently on his 'Death Wish' Charles Branson steeze.

Yeah dude seems to be taking any roles that are like Taken. Dude is kinda old now, these bad guys / henchmen should be breaking his hip.

I got use to subtitles cuz of anime but when it comes to live action I need to be in a mood to catch a foreign film with them. THey basically have to be really good from the start.

Emmys are on tonight.

I'd love for Hamm to finally win... but going against Cranston in his last chance and MM, I'd say he has no shot :lol:

I usually love watching awards shows, even though they're biased, flawed, and often stupid, but I don't care I still like watching. Unfortunately I'll be at work the whole time so I'll miss it.

It will feel like the official "goodbye" to Breaking Bad, though.

Tatiana Maslany should be nominated for Best Lead Actress in a Drama and win tonight. Her performances and Orphan Black are do under the radar it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
It's Emmy Time and there isn't a Thread?
Is start one but there isn't time.

Emmy talk going to be frowned on in here or nah OP?

Last edited:
saw TMNT . surprisingly good , like really. they had personalities , werent all clones of one another. good action , dialogue , humor. will gladly see it again.

When it comes to TMNT all reviews start with "surprisingly".....

A lot of other reviews start this way too, though.
Accidental Clones: subconsciously great things are being said

Could a Full House return be in the works? The family sitcom, which aired on ABC from 1987 to 1995, is still a ratings juggernaut via repeats on Nick at Nite. Now Warner Bros. TV is mulling a new take on Full House, with some of the original cast intact.

Leading the charge is John Stamos (Uncle Jesse) — who has an ownership stake in the show, which gives him good reason to champion the new series. Original executive producer Bob Boyett and creator Jeff Franklin (who's writing the new version) are actively involved. Candace Cameron Bure (D.J.), Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie) and Andrea Barber (Kimmy) are on board, while Bob Saget (Danny) and Dave Coulier (Joey) are also involved in some way.

I'm not sure what they could do without the Olsen twins.

Could a Full House return be in the works? The family sitcom, which aired on ABC from 1987 to 1995, is still a ratings juggernaut via repeats on Nick at Nite. Now Warner Bros. TV is mulling a new take on Full House, with some of the original cast intact.

Leading the charge is John Stamos (Uncle Jesse) — who has an ownership stake in the show, which gives him good reason to champion the new series. Original executive producer Bob Boyett and creator Jeff Franklin (who's writing the new version) are actively involved. Candace Cameron Bure (D.J.), Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie) and Andrea Barber (Kimmy) are on board, while Bob Saget (Danny) and Dave Coulier (Joey) are also involved in some way.

I'm not sure what they could do without the Olsen twins.
Maybe they try to discover new twin babies.

I blame this on Girl Meets World and other family sitcoms trying to make a comeback. Seems it's bleak chances to see a new "original" show make it so they have to rebrand it with something that has history and make the show a legacy.

I can see Hollywood doing this in a different way to reach for money by making new movies but setting them in the universes of classic films. Soon we'll see the new Adam Sandler movie, Babadaba Dippidy Dow, set somewhere in the future of the universe of Groundhog's Day or something and it won't be in the cool way where it's not official and we find out years after when somebody connects the dots and it only happened cuz one director really liked another movie. It'll be blatant and become the latest gimmick.

If Lori Loughlin still looks good, I'm in. Loved that broad back in the day.

She's aged pretty well I think. I feel like I saw her relatively recently when I was watching ABC Family with my son. Looked pretty damn close to how she did in Full House IIRC. She's on that Jen Anniston aging plan.

Edit - from 2011. Not bad.

Last edited:
I mean, clearly not her prime, but she certainly would qualify under a milf status.

And her an Aniston together would be good times I'd say. :lol:

Wasn't she also like a professional singer too? Like country music or something?

I wish she had did more acting after the show. I recall seeing her in like one or two low budget movie since. Not that she was an amazing talent but I would've liked to see more of her and she could've been serviceable in romcoms or another sitcom.

I first saw her in a movie called Rad. Loved her ever since. (Even tho she could barely ride a bike and 80% of her role was a stand in :lol: )

And when she was on Full House, I knew I was right to love that little minx. :lol:

I know she was in the 90210 reboot for a while which was sort of major. I guess.

But yea, as far as stuff I cared about, she showed up in one episode of Psych, that's about it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom