Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

It's not the deciding factor but it was one of the main reason why they end up selling the team. PROFIT wasn't there.  It wasn't profitable enough to stay in Seattle.  If the fans really care about the team . They would have sold out every single games.
If the team got a new arena deal...our attendance could have been still been #++* and everything would have been gravy.

You know how many teams have %@%+** attendance...how often does #++* like this happen?
What ? If they sold out every game and if fan continue to support (by paying $ to go to watch the game)  then they wouldnt be in a financial deficit.  Cheap fans=empty seats. Owner see no financial benefit. Force to sell.  Pretty self explanatory

Are you serious?  You can't be this *@!%+$% stupid.

It's cool tho, the Horry hip check balances out any of the calls from last night, soooooooooo

Do Bee Do....don't sweat it, man. These cats in here (like CP) are nothing but haters. They REFUSE to acknowledge the truth about why the Spurs lost last night. No worries, San Antonio will take game 7.

Gold. 
laugh.gif

When Skip Bayless is your source for builiding a case.....you my friend, are in trouble.

Don't be that dude....no one likes a sore loser.  Just go sulk in your San Antonio offseason thread.  Your team looked tired and the second half and had nothing left.  

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

When Skip Bayless is your source for builiding a case.....you my friend, are in trouble.

Don't be that dude....no one likes a sore loser.  Just go sulk in your San Antonio offseason thread.  Your team looked tired and the second half and had nothing left.  
Not a sore loser at all. Proud of my SPURS. Just again trying to back up the GOAT. Funny how its not just me saying this. Agreed?
nerd.gif

I haven't felt this bad since 04.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Do Bee Do....don't sweat it, man. These cats in here (like CP) are nothing but haters. They REFUSE to acknowledge the truth about why the Spurs lost last night. No worries, San Antonio will take game 7.

5c8365cb6d4aa4a17dcc81fb0fc9c3dd34b54434_r.jpg

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

OKC flops ... refs got fooled. Durant slide-under when he wasn't set. Collison flops, WestBrook flops, FISHER flops, and worst of all HARDEN DEFINITELY FLOPS. That offensive flop call in the 3rd qtr against Captain Jack when he flailed his arms like he was swimming a backstroke in a pool took away any momentum Spurs had to maintain a lead. ADDITIONALLY, when Ginobili got he 5th foul on ANOTHER Harden flop call when a 3 went in to cut the lead to 1 was called off took away any comeback chance.

Now, I know there are fans on both sides. But look at my statements without bias and tell me I'm wrong. I'm not.

The NBA is a BUSINESS and they want the best hyped teams in the Finals. Durant is flat-out incredible. I'm very very curious to see how the Heat/Celtics game will be called. I better not see 'favorable' calls like I saw tonight and no floppin' crap, either.

Please NBA, do something about flops. AND the ease of getting charge calls. It's way outta hand!

OKC would have lost 'tonight' without all of those pro-OKC whistles ... no doubt in my mind.

Beating the Spurs for 4 straight games ain't no flop son. Yeap you're wrong son
That's the only argument I see that OKC fans keep saying.  HOWEVER, I've seen numerous time and time and time again Harden floppin' like no tomorrow.  He does it, at the very least, 3 times a game.
Yes, the Spurs lost 4 in a row.  A big reason is because Westbrook was put in check and changed his approach to the game jacking up 30 shots per.  His defense was also pretty stellar roaming about like a safety.  I'm not arguing the 4 in a row.  I'm arguing all the flop crap I see and 'I'm not quite there yet but going to get a charge call by sliding under you even though you have already jumped in the air towards the basket' calls the NBA refs have generously given this year.  N. Collison and S. Battier and Mike Miller do this ALL THE TIME.  That 'And 1' takeaway from Manu by refs was crap.  KD clearly wasn't there yet with feet SET by the time the player already was in the air.  Look at the rules ... very disappointing the NBA is allowing all these slide-under charge calls to take place.

And the more than obvious flop calls are just as bad.  It should be if the refs do NOT SEE the actual foul, rather than the flailing of the arms and 'I just got shot' animations, no call is made.  Harden's flop call on that supposed 'charge' on Manu to get Manu's 5th foul and more importantly a 3 pointer taken away was utter crap.  Even more egregious was when Harden flailed his arms against Kawhi in the 3rd quarter and waved both arms in the air and snapped his neck back when the dude didn't even touch him on the Spurs' inbounds play.

Yes, the Spurs had the lead, an 18 pt one at that.  But these blatant and purposeful flop strategies take away any momentum Spurs might have had to fend off a Thunder rally.  And how does the ref miss a clobber to the head on the baseline?  Suspect, I tell you.

Like I said, the NBA is a business, first and foremost, and they want Thunder in the Finals.  There is a reason Mike got every little touch call, just like Kobe in the years after.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Derek Fisher been callin Kobe and just breathin on the phone...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

but it should be "Derek Fisher been callin Kobe Jim Buss/Kupchak and just breathin on the phone..."

I dont think Kobe wanted that trade

Originally Posted by DMan14

congrats to okc, they definitely grew up during the series. the might not just get 1, not 2, not 3...

spurs were struggling in the second half. doesnt help when you try to rally and it gets stopped. 3 calls that killed any momentum, t on sjack, manu and1 charge, manu charge on harden as kawhi hits 3

hard to watch timmy out there. he's productive from time to time but he can't dominate from start to finish. it sucks to see father time defeat another athlete. maybe it's time to hang em up soon.
And let me add a 4th ... that more than obvious foul call on Kawhi's head by Westbrook that resulted in a 'turnover.'
Seems if you don't flop and flair and overexaggerate  any and all sort of contact like LeBron, Wade, Kobe, Pierce, .... you don't get the call.  It's sad NBA refs give calls for the ones that are most animated with body contact even though the actual 'contact' was so minimal.

Just call it like you see it ... not how you wish it to be but for how it truly is.  

You'll see all this flopping by Harden, Collison, Fisher, sometimes Serge in the Finals.  I GUARANTEE IT!

And yes, Parker and Manu flop, too ... just not as bad.

What about the time when Amare & others stepped one foot on the court and was suspended? What about Bruce throwing a knee in Nash's man hood? What about all the flopping over the past years. What about Tim Donaghy & David Stern helping the Spurs when them titles? Shall we not forget about to dirty hip check from big shot Rob. All I have to say to you SPURS STANS is KARMA is a %&*$#. The better team won last night while Stern just wanted a few extra games.
pimp.gif

Blah blah blah, did you think the NBA was a business when the Spurs were up 15 at halftime? Or it was legit then, then Stern put in a call? You won't be taken seriously complaining about flops on a team with Parker, Ginobili, Neal, and even Sjax got into the act this series. And then Parker, who has even admitted he flops and feigns contact to get the refs attention, takes the flop to a new level by checking his mouth or kner for blood.

Maybe you should talk about getting almost nothing from roleplayers, why did Blair not get any minutes, only 36 in the 2nd half after 63 in the first, 9-15 60% 3pt shooting in the 1st half compared to 2-11 18% in the 2nd, allowing 59% fg shooting in the 2nd, why cant Manu and Parker get off in the same game. Blowing an 18 pt lead, losing 4 straight, that aint refs, that's superior talent.

Or we can roll with the "the Nba wants the large market OKC Thunder in the finals for money reasons," excuse.

Phil Jackson once said about Sacramento, that when players are complaining to the refs about calls/no-calls, then that tells him that they feel they need the refs to beat you. They already lost before the game is complete.

In a 7-game series, in this case after winning the first 2 and losing 4 straight (like the Lakers did to them in 2004
tongue.gif
), the better team wins. SA lost 4 straight, this had nothing to do with refs. The better team took this series.
Do Be Doo, I see you son!
roll.gif

Stay trolling Lakers threads, karma's a $%#@!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Not bad for "The Next Rashard Lewis".

flag on the play ...oops i meant Flagrant 2
That was popular opinion on here back in 07.

Alot of dudes on here %@#$!+% on KD (and Russ) until they couldn't anymore.

This is even better than I imagined. 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The Spurs are crying about refs?  The ones that mopped the floor the whole series with flop after flop after flop?  The step up block/charge that they basically invented?  Now those calls get tossed the other way, and it's a conspiracy? 
roll.gif
roll.gif

The Spurs version of defense is guy heads to the hoop, Manu/Parker/Duncan race to a spot, stop and fall backwards as the guy goes up.  Hit the floor, get the call.  No attempt at actual defense, no play on the ball, nothing.  Run to a spot, fall down, get whistle.  They've made a living at that FOR YEARS and now in ONE QUARTER, they don't get those whistles, and they gon come thru here and cry about it? 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Not a sore loser at all. Proud of my SPURS. Just again trying to back up the GOAT. Funny how its not just me saying this. Agreed?
nerd.gif

The only ones that are stating that are Spurs fans, as expected, when you lose....You guys were not in here tossing around your unbiased opinion and analysis after the first two games when the Thunder were getting molested and every drive to the hoop was  "charge."  Manu and Parker are the King and Queen of flopping and they got favorable calls in their home games, but that must have been the San Antonio dominance and quick feet and experience and veteran leadership which got them those calls.

Get outta here with that lame arguement....The Spurs were lucky to get two games.  You can't have floppers on your championship squad that you won rings with and a style of play you perfected and then cry about another team doing it.

Pot and Kettle are the same color. 

I haven't felt this bad since 04.
frown.gif

the thunder are clearly the better team but im not about to act like those werent some atrocious calls

congrats to okc, they definitely grew up during the series. the might not just get 1, not 2, not 3...

spurs were struggling in the second half. doesnt help when you try to rally and it gets stopped. 3 calls that killed any momentum, t on sjack, manu and1 charge, manu charge on harden as kawhi hits 3

hard to watch timmy out there. he's productive from time to time but he can't dominate from start to finish. it sucks to see father time defeat another athlete. maybe it's time to hang em up soon.
And let me add a 4th ... that more than obvious foul call on Kawhi's head by Westbrook that resulted in a 'turnover.'
Seems if you don't flop and flair and overexaggerate  any and all sort of contact like LeBron, Wade, Kobe, Pierce, .... you don't get the call.  It's sad NBA refs give calls for the ones that are most animated with body contact even though the actual 'contact' was so minimal.

Just call it like you see it ... not how you wish it to be but for how it truly is.  

You'll see all this flopping by Harden, Collison, Fisher, sometimes Serge in the Finals.  I GUARANTEE IT!

Got to love the last statement to make him seem unbiased......you will lose your nose to try and save face. 

The only ones that are stating that are Spurs fans, as expected, when you lose....You guys were not in here tossing around your unbiased opinion and analysis after the first two games when the Thunder were getting molested and every drive to the hoop was "charge." Manu and Parker are the King and Queen of flopping and they got favorable calls in their home games, but that must have been the San Antonio dominance and quick feet and experience and veteran leadership which got them those calls.

Get outta here with that lame arguement....The Spurs were lucky to get two games. You can't have floppers on your championship squad that you won rings with and a style of play you perfected and then cry about another team doing it.

You get the same post as the other Spurs sulker....come on, you guys should be ashamed of your statements. 

Got to love the last statement to make him seem unbiased......you will lose your nose to try and save face. 

The only ones that are stating that are Spurs fans, as expected, when you lose....You guys were not in here tossing around your unbiased opinion and analysis after the first two games when the Thunder were getting molested and every drive to the hoop was "charge." Manu and Parker are the King and Queen of flopping and they got favorable calls in their home games, but that must have been the San Antonio dominance and quick feet and experience and veteran leadership which got them those calls.

Get outta here with that lame arguement....The Spurs were lucky to get two games. You can't have floppers on your championship squad that you won rings with and a style of play you perfected and then cry about another team doing it.

You get the same post as the other Spurs sulker....come on, you guys should be ashamed of your statements. 

im not even a spurs fan but it was bad.  even the other night when ibaka was called for two quick ones.  bad calls kill any type of rythm and flow of a game.  i feel like these refs just get caught up in the moment.  the well officiated gms are the ones that you dont even recalk who the refs are.  it seems like these guys blow the whistle just to show people they are here and when they do they are caught up in the moment/crowd.  and lets not even talk about boston/miami gms
laugh.gif
  that's the only thing consistent about the league (bad officiating).

and regarding flopping
sick.gif
...it has no part in the gm but $tern isnt gonna do anything about it.  it would be easy to fix.  start reviewing and taking money out of the player's pockets

^
GREAT point.  Thunder were called for 4 fouls in less than 2 minutes to start the game in game 5.  Ibaka wasn't even sweating yet and had 2 fouls in 40 seconds. 

That was cool tho. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Greg pop said himself they got out played, why can't all accept that. Y'all wanna talk flops, then nobody in the NBA wins. Refs were horrible game 1 and 2, manu and Parker were flopping left and right, but y'all were not complaining then. Take your salt to the spurs off season post.

Crazy the way this series went. Bottom line for me, OKC was much better than I thought and the Spurs weren't as good as I thought. I thought the Spurs would be able to do what they did in Game 2 v OKC throughout the whole series. Credit to OKC for figuring out how to disrupt the high efficiency Spurs offense and basically just wanting it more in the last 4.

Will be real interesting to see what happens with this Spurs team in the offseason. I think this series proved that if they want to get back to the finals, just a little tinkering with the roster might not be enough.

OKC flops ... refs got fooled. Durant slide-under when he wasn't set. Collison flops, WestBrook flops, FISHER flops, and worst of all HARDEN DEFINITELY FLOPS. That offensive flop call in the 3rd qtr against Captain Jack when he flailed his arms like he was swimming a backstroke in a pool took away any momentum Spurs had to maintain a lead. ADDITIONALLY, when Ginobili got he 5th foul on ANOTHER Harden flop call when a 3 went in to cut the lead to 1 was called off took away any comeback chance.

Now, I know there are fans on both sides. But look at my statements without bias and tell me I'm wrong. I'm not.

The NBA is a BUSINESS and they want the best hyped teams in the Finals. Durant is flat-out incredible. I'm very very curious to see how the Heat/Celtics game will be called. I better not see 'favorable' calls like I saw tonight and no floppin' crap, either.

Please NBA, do something about flops. AND the ease of getting charge calls. It's way outta hand!

OKC would have lost 'tonight' without all of those pro-OKC whistles ... no doubt in my mind.

Beating the Spurs for 4 straight games ain't no flop son. Yeap you're wrong son
That's the only argument I see that OKC fans keep saying.  HOWEVER, I've seen numerous time and time and time again Harden floppin' like no tomorrow.  He does it, at the very least, 3 times a game.
Yes, the Spurs lost 4 in a row.  A big reason is because Westbrook was put in check and changed his approach to the game jacking up 30 shots per.  His defense was also pretty stellar roaming about like a safety.  I'm not arguing the 4 in a row.  I'm arguing all the flop crap I see and 'I'm not quite there yet but going to get a charge call by sliding under you even though you have already jumped in the air towards the basket' calls the NBA refs have generously given this year.  N. Collison and S. Battier and Mike Miller do this ALL THE TIME.  That 'And 1' takeaway from Manu by refs was crap.  KD clearly wasn't there yet with feet SET by the time the player already was in the air.  Look at the rules ... very disappointing the NBA is allowing all these slide-under charge calls to take place.

And the more than obvious flop calls are just as bad.  It should be if the refs do NOT SEE the actual foul, rather than the flailing of the arms and 'I just got shot' animations, no call is made.  Harden's flop call on that supposed 'charge' on Manu to get Manu's 5th foul and more importantly a 3 pointer taken away was utter crap.  Even more egregious was when Harden flailed his arms against Kawhi in the 3rd quarter and waved both arms in the air and snapped his neck back when the dude didn't even touch him on the Spurs' inbounds play.

Yes, the Spurs had the lead, an 18 pt one at that.  But these blatant and purposeful flop strategies take away any momentum Spurs might have had to fend off a Thunder rally.  And how does the ref miss a clobber to the head on the baseline?  Suspect, I tell you.

Like I said, the NBA is a business, first and foremost, and they want Thunder in the Finals.  There is a reason Mike got every little touch call, just like Kobe in the years after.
The Spurs are known to flop too buddy. You can win a few possessions by flopping but you still got to score to win. You still got to put to the ball in the hoop. I didn't know flopping could erase a 18 point deficit.  You don't win a series by flopping. OKC beat the Spurs 4 games in a row. They played better. Simple as that. Take the L.

And you're one of these cats who think NBA is rigged. lol. Yet you still watch every games
laugh.gif

If the NBA is rigged and want rating they would put Lakers in the Finals right now . Stop with these NBA is rigged conspiracies.

Back
Top Bottom