Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

Congrats to OKC and their fans
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Okc has about a 97 percent chance to win the game now. Go check Joey crawfords techs to win ratio in the playoffs. The first team he calls a tech on has a HUGE loser rate.

Actually? 

I'm serious. I remember reading about it during the first round. It was something like 25 out of 26 teams that he calls the first tech on in the playoffs lost the game.
I guess we should update that now to 26 of 27

Thing I'm gonna miss most about this series was the fact that there's no more NBA on TNT. Everything is so much better. That Linkin Park song was so fitting. I'm gonna miss it

""Our effort was there. I thought our execution was there. And they just made shots through a stretch there," a gloomy Tim Duncan told reporters. "Down the stretch for a period there, it seems like they got every whistle possible. That really changed the tides. We were playing tough defense. We were trying to make stops and try to push it back, and the whistle kept blowing and they kept going to the line and getting some free points there. That's them being aggressive." "

No where in there is Duncan complaining about the refs. "Thats them being aggressive" is his reasoning for them getting every whistle, not because the refs were unfair. Very misleading header at an attempt to create controversy.

Originally Posted by Janitor

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Actually? 

I'm serious. I remember reading about it during the first round. It was something like 25 out of 26 teams that he calls the first tech on in the playoffs lost the game.
I guess we should update that now to 26 of 27

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

frown.gif

MPire wrote:
""Our effort was there. I thought our execution was there. And they just made shots through a stretch there," a gloomy Tim Duncan told reporters. "Down the stretch for a period there, it seems like they got every whistle possible. That really changed the tides. We were playing tough defense. We were trying to make stops and try to push it back, and the whistle kept blowing and they kept going to the line and getting some free points there. That's them being aggressive." "

No where in there is Duncan complaining about the refs. "Thats them being aggressive" is his reasoning for them getting every whistle, not because the refs were unfair. Very misleading header at an attempt to create controversy.

Read between the lines.
wink.gif

Can't believe I fell into the Spurs hype 
laugh.gif
They just aren't a dominant defensive team anymore like they were in their championship days

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Yes, it was that play that lost you the game. Take it like a man and keep it moving.
Just trying to let people SEE what Duncan was talking about.

happy.gif

Do Bee Do....don't sweat it, man. These cats in here (like CP) are nothing but haters. They REFUSE to acknowledge the truth about why the Spurs lost last night. No worries, San Antonio will take game 7.

Please don't show the clips of the flop fest of Manu and Parker....as well as Jackson.  I can name a number of plays off the top of my head where there guys were taking dives and flopping.

When you have an 18 point lead and lose....the refs were the last ones you should be blaming.  Take the loss like a man and don't stick your chest out when you team is up 2-0 and then cowher behind the played out "the refs had in for us" excuse. 

The Spurs were in the bonus with 10 minutes to play in the 4th quarter during Game 5 at home.....and lost.  Suck it up my dude. 

the spurs lost because the better team beat them. stop acting like all 4 games came from the refs. either take it like a man or a choir boy, but either way you're taking it. yall have manu on your team...........nuff said

congrats to okc, they definitely grew up during the series. the might not just get 1, not 2, not 3...

spurs were struggling in the second half. doesnt help when you try to rally and it gets stopped. 3 calls that killed any momentum, t on sjack, manu and1 charge, manu charge on harden as kawhi hits 3

hard to watch timmy out there. he's productive from time to time but he can't dominate from start to finish. it sucks to see father time defeat another athlete. maybe it's time to hang em up soon.

Originally Posted by MPire

Thing I'm gonna miss most about this series was the fact that there's no more NBA on TNT. Everything is so much better. That Linkin Park song was so fitting. I'm gonna miss it

100 percent.Main reason okc won was because they hit some HUGE shots down the stretch. Ice cold. But the fact that the nba lets Joey Crawford ref a spurs confrence finals game is a blatant @!## you to the fans haha. You know he going up to Duncan asking him " you want problems sucka?"

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

Please don't show the clips of the flop fest of Manu and Parker....as well as Jackson.  I can name a number of plays off the top of my head where there guys were taking dives and flopping.

When you have an 18 point lead and lose....the refs were the last ones you should be blaming.  Take the loss like a man and don't stick your chest out when you team is up 2-0 and then cowher behind the played out "the refs had in for us" excuse. 

The Spurs were in the bonus with 10 minutes to play in the 4th quarter during Game 5 at home.....and lost.  Suck it up my dude. 
Videos are not that long can you please watch them before you comment.

Who me? No just trying to show people the truth behind some of the calls last night.

But hey maybe its just me..........................

ja_adande.jpg

Five fourth-quarter Spurs turnovers helped the Thunder complete their comeback in Game 6. Three of them came on offensive foul calls, during a stretch when every time the whistle blew it seemed to go against the Spurs. When Popovich wasn't registering complaints to the nearest official he turned to an assistant to say, incredulously, "You've got to be kidding me."

Yes, the Thunder got some favorable calls on their way to the NBA Finals. That shouldn't detract from their effort, including Durant drawing what everyone agreed was his first charge of the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime

Or not.
30t6p3b.gif

100 percent.Main reason okc won was because they hit some HUGE shots down the stretch. Ice cold. But the fact that the nba lets Joey Crawford ref a spurs confrence finals game is a blatant @!## you to the fans haha. You know he going up to Duncan asking him " you want problems sucka?"

these refs definitely hold grudges and take it personal. look at rasheed with some of the refs and iverson/steve javie. crawford was put on blast when that happened. he should never be allowed to ref a spur game, playoff or reg season.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Chris316

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Hall of Fame?

jk
Could be. But for now,i think he prefers at least one more ring. While others still looking for his first one.
Bro, I was kidding. 

Only way Derek Fisher belongs at the HOF, is if he's visiting. 
Hit him with the okey doke.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thing I'm gonna miss most about this series was the fact that there's no more NBA on TNT. Everything is so much better.
Definitely.

Do Bee Do doing the same @@%# he cries and moans about a certain other team's fans doing. The ironyyyyy.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Thing I'm gonna miss most about this series was the fact that there's no more NBA on TNT. Everything is so much better.
Definitely.

Do Bee Do doing the same @@%# he cries and moans about a certain other team's fans doing. The ironyyyyy.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Three times I have seen you post. Three times its about me. Your giving CP a run for his money.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Only gonna respond this one time so you know I see you.

Happy?
glasses.gif

"Well, congrats to the refs for winning the Western Conference Finals. They gave OKC everything they've got."
-- Graydon Gordian, 48 Minutes of Hell and ESPN.com

"That was … controversial: Some really questionable calls will end up tainting what ended up being a truly fantastic display of basketball over these six games. We saw two teams play at a high level almost every quarter and truly battle. Sad that the officiating will be what's remembered."
-- Zach Harper, Daily Dime Live

"Refs have decided they'll make sure OKC going to Finals. One outrageously bad call after another. Ginobili robbed of 3-pt play, Sickening."
-- Skip Bayless, First Take

Back
Top Bottom